Prediction Likely trades from your team this off season

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Dees I could see the following potentially moved on due to list reduction;

James Jordan - Delisted
Charlie Spargo - Traded
Braydon Pruess - traded (Gawn and Jackson are enough rucks on our list.)
Austin Bradke - Delisted
Alex Neal Bullen - Traded
Josh Wagner - Delisted
Kade Chandler- Delisted
Jayden Hunt - Traded
Hibberd - Retired
Jones - Retired
Kade Kolodjashnij - Retired/Delisted.
Joel Smith - Delisted/Traded
Mitch Brown - Delisted

We'll take Preuss back. Give you Tyson for him?

Jordan Gallucci is the one from the crows who seems most likely to be traded...or delisted!

I don't think he'd get a chance elsewhere especially if list sizes are cut.

Schache strikes me as another Jack Watts. (The early 20's Watts.)

Big bugger.
High draft pick.
As soft as soap suds.
I don't think he's that soft.
He used to be a little soft, but Bevo sent him to the VFL for a couple months of 2019 and made him play ruck. Came back a whole new player with a massive improvement in his attack on the ball

He used to be a little soft, but Bevo sent him to the VFL for a couple months of 2019 and made him play ruck. Came back a whole new player with a massive improvement in his attack on the ball
I remember seeing a couple of those games. He was great, I was a tad puzzled why he was down there.

I remember seeing a couple of those games. He was great, I was a tad puzzled why he was down there.
He wasn't awful before being dropped, but he was making a few of the same mistakes and not doing as well as he could have. It was a harsh dropping, but also justified and worth doing for his development

Essendon should really have a Look at Schache, especially if Daniher leaves.

They seem a bit light on for KPF stocks (or so it would seem to an casual observer)
I would hope we're looking at several players, including Schache, Peter Wright (missed round 1, maybe a slight chance?), Tom Hawkins (pie in the sky, I know) and Finlayson (Cap pressure)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would hope we're looking at several players, including Schache, Peter Wright (missed round 1, maybe a slight chance?), Tom Hawkins (pie in the sky, I know) and Finlayson (Cap pressure)
Wright just re-signed didn't he? Schache and Finlayson would be gettable I'd think, although both their respective clubs would probably try hold them

Wright just re-signed didn't he? Schache and Finlayson would be gettable I'd think, although both their respective clubs would probably try hold them
Wright has re-signed, but with the list potentially shrinking, we may have to look to offload some contracted people, whether that is Wright or not, if the offer is good enough, who knows?

He's more speculative as he was fit and missed their round 1 side. Reduction of list sizes will also play a factor, especially with Finlayson.
Wright has re-signed, but with the list potentially shrinking, we may have to look to offload some contracted people, whether that is Wright or not, if the offer is good enough, who knows?
More about the fact he missed round 1 despite being fit, and reduction of list sizes.

Yeah fair call. Suns would end up potentially having to trim a few contracted players I reckon, and Wright is probably a good candidate for it since you've picked up a fair few talls lately

What do think of Wright and your second round pick for Essendon’s first round pick?

eth-dog from an Essendon perspective?

What do think of Wright and your second round pick for Essendon’s first round pick?

eth-dog from an Essendon perspective?
Not sure about that one. It depends on a number of things:

1. What do we get for Daniher?
2. Where do we finish? If 6th (praying we make week 2 of finals), which midfielders are in that range?
3. How many games does he play? If they consistently go with King and Day, how much does that reduce his value?
4. Precedence? Josh Bruce was traded as a 26 year old key forward with consistently good output for a second and a third, Schache the same although a lot younger. I suspect we'd be putting something like that up.

Not sure about that one. It depends on a number of things:

1. What do we get for Daniher?
2. Where do we finish? If 6th (praying we make week 2 of finals), which midfielders are in that range?
3. How many games does he play? If they consistently go with King and Day, how much does that reduce his value?
4. Precedence? Josh Bruce was traded as a 26 year old key forward with consistently good output for a second and a third, Schache the same although a lot younger. I suspect we'd be putting something like that up.
I don’t believe Essendon make finals (if this were a normal season).

My guess is that you either get an end of first round compo, or you try and force a trade with Sydney, and they walk away from the deal. Or Sydney do trade Papley and on trade that pick to you.

I believe there will be a midfielder to suit your needs at a)Port, or b) spread throughout the first round of the draft.

And as I mentioned on your board, Brisbane would probably let you have Mathieson for free as well.

I don’t believe Essendon make finals (if this were a normal season).

My guess is that you either get an end of first round compo, or you try and force a trade with Sydney, and they walk away from the deal. Or Sydney do trade Papley and on trade that pick to you.

I believe there will be a midfielder to suit your needs at a)Port, or b) spread throughout the first round of the draft.

And as I mentioned on your board, Brisbane would probably let you have Mathieson for free as well.
Eh, we had a pretty good fixture, and people always say we won't be around the finals mark but we usually are.

But a lot to play out. And I like a couple of Port Adelaide midfielders, but there's one I would prefer we stay away from.

Can't see anyone from the Dee's being traded for much of value, especially if list sizes shrink so taking on a 'project' or depth player becomes less worthwhile (plus more DFAs to pick from).
J Hunt maybe, but has dropped off a lot the past couple of years so more likely a DFA if anyone's interested. Wouldn't get much in a trade at the moment.
Petty might be worth something as a young tall, or Neal-Bullen to a team needing runners.

Melbourne will want to get a decent tall forward, but doubt there's anyone around to go after easily (or the currency to get them).

More about the fact he missed round 1 despite being fit, and reduction of list sizes.

It's tough especially since Sam Day is fit, and I don't think they're playing three talls, as you'd have to have one of the smalls miss. Wright has his issues, the talent and potential is there, but needs to do more.

It's tough especially since Sam Day is fit, and I don't think they're playing three talls, as you'd have to have one of the smalls miss. Wright has his issues, the talent and potential is there, but needs to do more.
I agree. King needs to play and Sam Day is better based on what they've both shown.

He's a tough player to gauge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back