Prediction Likely trades from your team this off season

Remove this Banner Ad

Won’t go anywhere as long as his bestie luke Ryan is at fremantle
Unless they're in a serious relationship and planning to shack up together, that doesn't mean much.

A few people have suggested that on the Dogs board before. His marking is poor, especially contested, but his aggression has improved immensely in 2019. His field kicking is elite too, so it's not the craziest suggestion, and I'd love to see it tried before we go trading him off
AL LA Liam Jones

Depending on how our best 22 plays out for the remainder of the season, I think Will Brodie might be tempted to look elsewhere for opportunities. Stuck behind a few inside mids now.

Peter Wright, although settled on the GC with his best mate Touk Miller, could be in the same category. But he would cost a lot to tempt the Suns to trade.

Depending on how our best 22 plays out for the remainder of the season, I think Will Brodie might be tempted to look elsewhere for opportunities. Stuck behind a few inside mids now.

Peter Wright, although settled on the GC with his best mate Touk Miller, could be in the same category. But he would cost a lot to tempt the Suns to trade.
You won't get a lot for blokes not getting games.

Expecting Crows to trade Lynch and Laird. Will also let Atkins and Crouch go in the free agency period.

Expecting Crows to trade Lynch and Laird. Will also let Atkins and Crouch go in the free agency period.
Would be interested in Himmelberg. How likely is he to stay?

What would Schache cost? Our KPFs have set a pretty !@#$ing low bar for any future recruits...
Would've been a 3rd rounder at best, but now that he's back in the side, assuming he gets a good number of games over the course of this year, I'd guess a 2nd rounder somewhere? Played really well against North this week, but it was his first game for the year, so need a much larger sample size to know how much his value would be. If he can average close to the 2 goals/game mark then I'd say it's a very early 2nd rounder (pushing into late 1st territory) given it's a very hard position to fill and despite his faults, he does have some elite traits (set shot, field kicking, endurance, leading patterns). If he drops back to struggling to get games again, then we'd be lucky to get a pick in the 40s for him.

In saying all that, if he's getting consistent games this year, then I don't see why we would entertain a trade at all, so I'd say it's either a late pick because he fell out of favour, or he isn't going anywhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laird would be a good trade to make. Would fetch the Crows a pick in the teens I'd think, and they have enough half back flankers to replace him long term. Might as well get value for him while they can.

Lynch would surely just be a cap dump exercise, right? He's 30 this year, and his last 3 years of footy have been pretty average. I imagine he'd be worth something similar to what Jenkins was, where it was a pick upgrade of late 2nd for Jenkins + 3rd

With the compromised U/18 comps and limited scouting oops, what would draft picks be worth this year? It was apparently an academy heavy draft anyway so aside from teams needing points would they have the same weight as an ordinary year?
I think teams like Adelaide who are trading out players might push for 'overs' in terms of picks as it's more speculative than usual.

With the compromised U/18 comps and limited scouting oops, what would draft picks be worth this year? It was apparently an academy heavy draft anyway so aside from teams needing points would they have the same weight as an ordinary year?
I think teams like Adelaide who are trading out players might push for 'overs' in terms of picks as it's more speculative than usual.
Not much. I expect any serious player exchanges that aren't to free cap space will likely see future picks rated over current year

Laird would be a good trade to make. Would fetch the Crows a pick in the teens I'd think, and they have enough half back flankers to replace him long term. Might as well get value for him while they can.

Lynch would surely just be a cap dump exercise, right? He's 30 this year, and his last 3 years of footy have been pretty average. I imagine he'd be worth something similar to what Jenkins was, where it was a pick upgrade of late 2nd for Jenkins + 3rd
I consider Lynch would be the cherry on a top team. His style of play relies on a dominating midfield to be effective. You are more looking at late 2nd or 3rd rounder for him at best.

Can see Laird being traded to GWS for some young guys not playing atm.

what do you think you would want for Wright?

values dropped on all of them.

lynch would have next to no value.

Laird has been shown up to for what he is, a limited cheap possession getter, but its likely someone is keen and willing to pay well enough.

atkins has zero value. At best was a easily replaceable dime a dozen fringe midfielder in a well designed system. Now that the crows suck he looks like a spud.

crouch is a weird one. If you lose your better players the young players will wallow in a bad team for years, but if you can get a good pick in it makes sense.

he should only attract band 2, but sometimes teams just will take a chance and pay what they think is needed to get someone or just have a large amount of cap space and a specific need
Would be interested in Himmelberg. How likely is he to stay?
Himmelberg is bordering on delist material. They should have tried to develop him as a chb from the start but its too late now
Crows should be hunting tom sparrow and Harrison petty pretty hard as ooc Sa lads who might be looking for games and the crows can offer a lot of them.

Would've been a 3rd rounder at best, but now that he's back in the side, assuming he gets a good number of games over the course of this year, I'd guess a 2nd rounder somewhere? Played really well against North this week, but it was his first game for the year, so need a much larger sample size to know how much his value would be. If he can average close to the 2 goals/game mark then I'd say it's a very early 2nd rounder (pushing into late 1st territory) given it's a very hard position to fill and despite his faults, he does have some elite traits (set shot, field kicking, endurance, leading patterns). If he drops back to struggling to get games again, then we'd be lucky to get a pick in the 40s for him.

In saying all that, if he's getting consistent games this year, then I don't see why we would entertain a trade at all, so I'd say it's either a late pick because he fell out of favour, or he isn't going anywhere
Lock it in, him getting 5 disposals - 1 goal is already better than both Mihocek and Cox combined

I can see us looking at Schache regardless of Daniher situation.
Would probably mean McKernan is done or goes back to VFL.
Daniher - #1 KPF
Schache - CHF/Ruck option
Stringer, Tippa, Fantasia & Smith/Parish round it out.

Crouch may pop up on our radar too. Good accumulator & a freebie.
Though i imagine a number of clubs will chase him. I'm less concerned about another mid as I am getting a competitive ruckman. Phillips showed what we can do with TBC out of the side.
Our next option is yet to play an AFL game...unless Draper is the second coming of Cox, we need to work on this area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back