Prediction Likely trades from your team this off season

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a likely trade, there are no rumours but I would love to get Charlie Constable from Geelong if Chris Scott is still not playing him by the end of the year.
I hope you don't lol, I rate him hugely, I just don't understand why his not getting a game and not even been named emergency.... i hope he doesn't go anywhere as I could see him been a leader in years to come...
But be mad if a club doesn't chase him....
What would you give up for him?

Blakely seems to be the obvious one from us. Not sure he is worth much though. Still young and a ball magnet but he's prone to poor disposal and has barely played the past couple of years.

The other one is Brennan Cox who is behind Hamling/Pearce/Logue as a defender and Taberner/Lobb/Hogan as a forward. Still very young for his position and a good contested mark.

have no interest in cox. Think he’s purely a depth player.

Some draft picks for Tom Papley please. Hoping he's still keen to come to us...our prospects are looking better than Sydney's and if he still wants to move to Melbourne.

Under contract but surely Sydney let him go if he requests a move for the second year in a row like Gibbs & Kelly?
Sydney are going to fight tooth and nail to keep him you would think.
The only shining light at the swans at the moment.

He'd cost a pretty penny.

Sydney are going to fight tooth and nail to keep him you would think.
The only shining light at the swans at the moment.

He'd cost a pretty penny.

Yep don't doubt it...they'll probably aim for something like our 2020 & 2021 firsts, with a 2nd going back to us.
We'd try to just give up one of our firsts...maybe a second as well.

Unless they can convince a player of ours to join them to be part of the trade...probably unlikely. Small chance a younger player lacking opportunity like Marchbank who is an intercepting tall defender who would be useful for Sydney.

Probably nothing from us. Maybe normal service will resume and we'll do some boring second/third round pick swaps with Sydney and WB.

Kennedy will retire, so we can stop trying to play Brander on the wing and play him forward rather than driving his trade value down further.

Petruccelle might want to move but he's not worth much. We'd be hoping he picks a team that has picks 30 and 50 and was willing to part with the former. If a team has picks 5, 25, 45 we ain't getting 5 or 25...

Can't see much else happening unless Gaff takes his 'out clause' and becomes a free agent and leaves for nothing.

We have a second and two third round picks so won't be big players in that department either.

We need a crafty forward like Rankine, Papley or Charlie Cameron. Not saying that's who we will target in the trade period (we already used our top pick on small forward - Weightman) but wouldn't surprise me if we went hard for a type like that.

We'd have to give up a bit which might be a big ask as our list is settled right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope you don't lol, I rate him hugely, I just don't understand why his not getting a game and not even been named emergency.... i hope he doesn't go anywhere as I could see him been a leader in years to come...
But be mad if a club doesn't chase him....
What would you give up for him?

I would happily pay an early to mid second rounder for him personally, but that is just me.

Yep don't doubt it...they'll probably aim for something like our 2020 & 2021 firsts, with a 2nd going back to us.
We'd try to just give up one of our firsts...maybe a second as well.

Unless they can convince a player of ours to join them to be part of the trade...probably unlikely. Small chance a younger player lacking opportunity like Marchbank who is an intercepting tall defender who would be useful for Sydney.
I think if it was something like

Carlton out: 2020 first rounder, 2020 third rounder (~42 for them to match a bid) 2021 first rounder

for Papley and 2020 second rounder (~20 which will probably be eaten up on matching bids)

We should be expecting to make finals next year so I think as long as we aren’t bottom 5 or so this year then it is probably pretty fair.

I think if it was something like

Carlton out: 2020 first rounder, 2020 third rounder (~42 for them to match a bid) 2021 first rounder

for Papley and 2020 second rounder (~20 which will probably be eaten up on matching bids)

We should be expecting to make finals next year so I think as long as we aren’t bottom 5 or so this year then it is probably pretty fair.

I think it is reasonably fair too.

B.Crouch free agent. Gone for mine.
Rory Atkins free agent. Gone for mine.
Rory Laird. Few Victorian teams would be interested.
Matt Crouch. As per Laird.
Tom Lynch. Could go to a contender.
Kyle Hartigan. Is a natural FB who a good side might consider.
Jake Kelly. Good stopper or depth crows have many of his type should be trading.
Bryce Gibbs (DFA) or late pick swap.

B.Crouch free agent. Gone for mine.
Rory Atkins free agent. Gone for mine.
Rory Laird. Few Victorian teams would be interested.
Matt Crouch. As per Laird.
Tom Lynch. Could go to a contender.
Kyle Hartigan. Is a natural FB who a good side might consider.
Jake Kelly. Good stopper or depth crows have many of his type should be trading.
Bryce Gibbs (DFA) or late pick swap.
Not all fans will agree, But I wouldn't mind getting Jake Kelly. Plus he may want to play with his brother at some point in his career.

We need a crafty forward like Rankine, Papley or Charlie Cameron. Not saying that's who we will target in the trade period (we already used our top pick on small forward - Weightman) but wouldn't surprise me if we went hard for a type like that.

We'd have to give up a bit which might be a big ask as our list is settled right now.
with the depth in your midfield, paying the price for Papley might not be so bad
Swans would need to drive a hard bargain given he's their best and most promising talent right now. And they need the rebuild currency.

you guys are about to land the best young forward in the land come draft time..don't be greedy ;)

Will look to move dunstan on to many similar players to him
Not that many would agree, but I'd throw you a third for him, if we have made Crouch trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back