Likely VFL line up 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

vass44

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
So much depth, the guys in bold and maybe a couple of others will be really pushing for round 1 senior selection;-

Ambrose Hartley Jok
Ridley Margaret Long
Redman Mynott Ham
Guelfi Brown Mosquito
Begley Stewart Baguley

Draper Clarke Mutch

Bench from:

Dea Houlahan Gown Lavender
McNeice Younan Hocking A.Heppell

Last edited:
Seriously no need for this thread. Our VFL training squad would be at around the 100 mark right now.

I dont see why not - of the 100 training realistically only borderline AFL players will make the team - and its always good to discuss these types of things

I dont see why not - of the 100 training realistically only borderline AFL players will make the team - and its always good to discuss these types of things
Because we don't know who of that list are borderline AFL players are, hell, we don't know how many from last year's list we're retaining. There could be a VFL level gun we're bringing in to the midfield, or a key forward. We could be losing someone like Hocking, or Younan (though I doubt that) and could pick up someone like Jacko Merrett into the squad.

Jealous you didn’t do it first?

Coz you certainly didn’t mind posting your AFL side well before we knew the final list:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/best-22-2019-edition.1202213/#post-57401503
I wouldn't bother with a VFL thread until March at the earliest. Nobody inside the club would have a clue until Feb and nobody outside the club until May what the ideal VFL side is. Coburg would have 150 players training with them right now, should I have a crack at their side?

I wouldn't bother with a VFL thread until March at the earliest. Nobody inside the club would have a clue until Feb and nobody outside the club until May what the ideal VFL side is. Coburg would have 150 players training with them right now, should I have a crack at their side?
If you want. Its a open forum, people can post what they want.

We both know this has nothing to do with going early, because as I've shown it clearly doesn't bother you when you do it, and everything to do with your burning desire to be the VFL "expert."

If you want. Its a open forum, people can post what they want.

We both know this has nothing to do with going early, because as I've shown it clearly doesn't bother you when you do it, and everything to do with your burning desire to be the VFL "expert."
Or, it's as I said, that there's no point at this stage because we have no bloody clue who's going to be on the VFL list. Perhaps you're looking for a fight where there is none :think:

Or, it's as I said, that there's no point at this stage because we have no bloody clue who's going to be on the VFL list. Perhaps you're looking for a fight where there is none :think:
But we do have a clue. As evidenced by his team selection.

It may change but its no different to when you listed your 2019 AFL team in August when we were similarly unsure about our list.

What's the difference Ethan?

Even if there are 5 or 6 changes to the 26 man VFL round 1 team below eth-dog - I dont see the point of 'holding off' posting a predicted line-up.
Its exciting to discuss these things - especially in the off season and dont see why we should wait until your ready or holding off because theres lots of players training with the VFL team now...doesnt make any sense to me....

Ambrose Hartley Jok
Redman Margaret Ridley
Guelfi Mynott Ham
Begley Brown Long
Baguley Stewart Mosquoito

Draper Clarke Mutch

Bench from:
Dea Houlahan Gown Lavender
McNeice Younan Hocking A.Heppell

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even the VFL guys we're pretty well rehearsed in. The ones who are signed late we would have a pretty good indication of where they fit into things.
Yeah, 3 months after this thread was posted. We have a far better indication on who we've gained, for example McKenna from the WAFL, Aylett, Connellan and Luke Tynan (apparently) are all good signings.

Yeah, 3 months after this thread was posted. We have a far better indication on who we've gained, for example McKenna from the WAFL, Aylett, Connellan and Luke Tynan (apparently) are all good signings.
do you mean Josh Tynan? Heard he's joining our VFL side but not Luke? I heard Luke is playing x amount of games for his junior club in Warragul in the Gippsland League and he may play some VFL matches but has guaranteed the club a certain amount of games at Warragul.

do you mean Josh Tynan? Heard he's joining our VFL side but not Luke? I heard Luke is playing x amount of games for his junior club in Warragul in the Gippsland League and he may play some VFL matches but has guaranteed the club a certain amount of games at Warragul.
Yeah, sorry I get them confused a lot haha

Matthew Day from Oakliegh has joined us for this year, talented player with a basketball background who plays through the midfield but is also a solid option up forward with his marking and agility. 190cm

Tynan, Younan, Heppell, Lazzaro, Connellan, McKenna, Aylett, Hocking, McQueen. That's an impressive top 9. Interested to see Luke Goetz go around, was drafted by the Dogs in 2015. Was very raw but had good signs, was surprised he got cut honestly.

Atley had big wraps on him too last year iirc. Could be a decent VFL list to choose from.

Really hope we can push past the bloody bulldogs this year in the finals
Uh, the Dogs didn't make finals last year. We made the prelim.

Think this will be one of the stronger years of VFL football, every side other than Coburg and Richmond surprisingly have had some very handy inclusions. I think Williamstown and Casey will be the teams to beat.

Keen to see how Day and Landt are used, both very close to getting on an AFL list in their draft years both getting combine invites with Landt also playing multiple championships games.

Day is the Langford type where as Landt is something different to what we have, outside type with good speed and versatility who just needs to find more of the pill.

Average height: 188.3 cm
Average weight: 83.9 kg
Average age (as of th 18th): 22 years old

That's not taking months into account, if it were it would be closer to 23. Still, young list.

We've definitely got a bigger bodied squad than last season. Of the recruits:

4x NAB League
3x State Leagues
6x Local Footy
1x AFL List

We have five former AFL players on the list in Tynan, Connellan, Aylett, Hocking and Goetz. Four of the 6 local footy players played in the Northern League, which is unusual for us, we tend to be more EDFL and VAFA focused.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back