Liking the Dockers AND the Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh, they're alright. If you take supporter rivalry out of the equation they are just another club and I generally like some of the players they have drafted in recent years.

I hate losing to them, but I'm happy to see them do well provided they never do better than us.

The VFL introduced Fremantle to weaken the than state side of West Coast.
Remember Leigh Matthews voicing "we have made it too easy for them after the 92 premiership"
Outside of the derbies both supporter bases should be WA first.
For instance there is no logic in supporting the pies against an opposing WA club when a team like collingwood have everything weighted in their favour.

I thought there must have been some pretty juicy on or off the field incidents to justify such hatred between supporters. It doesn't even appear East or South Freo were hated teams in the WAFL.
Seems it's just a case of some Eagles fans being painful "bad winners"......... like a lot of Hawks & Tigers fans haha.

Eagles hate them because they're traitors. 90 percent of Dockers fans, were Eagle supporters before Freo came in the comp. Come to think of it, some just switched years after the Dockers joined too.

Eagles hate them because they're traitors. 90 percent of Dockers fans, were Eagle supporters before Freo came in the comp. Come to think of it, some just switched years after the Dockers joined too.
Yeah, but if you were an East or South Freo supporter in the WAFL wouldn't it make sense to switch to the Dockers?

Funny thread. It is kind of the purpose of AFL to have rivalry.

If you actually like both clubs, why not like every AFL club?

Personally I followed Cats from years ago including those GF losses to WC, and joined Freo at their inception; Why would I like WC?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We try and be nice to them but they’re lowlife scum. That’s all it boils down to really.
Good to see the number of 'traitors' has already dropped by 9% since this thread began. We will be at 0% before you know it.

Why are Eagles/Dockers fans so vicious toward each other? Individually they are usually really nice.

*Please try & stick to solid on or off field incidents.

Because Freo have an anchor and are purple. Nothing to like really.
Take a drive thru Freo, it smells like a dead blowfish, and its covered with wads of seagull sh!t. And half hour parking everywhere.
On a good day you can walk past a dozen street performers, usually some bloke who looks like he just came out of a drain, blowing alleged music into a home made bamboo pipe, whilst at the same time painting a pair of **** on a canvass with his feet. The plus side I guess is the $6 coffees and $12 pints.
Sucks across the board.

I thought there must have been some pretty juicy on or off the field incidents to justify such hatred between supporters. It doesn't even appear East or South Freo were hated teams in the WAFL.
Seems it's just a case of some Eagles fans being painful "bad winners"......... like a lot of Hawks & Tigers fans haha.

East & South Freo absolutely hated each other mate.
The 1979 Grand Final is testament to that. Never forgotten.

Eagles / Dorks rivalry is just a spin off from that. Its the way it is in the west.
We still have a beer together before & after the game, but thats it. Everything between goes out the window.

Yeah, but if you were an East or South Freo supporter in the WAFL wouldn't it make sense to switch to the Dockers?

Not really, the Dockers have no stronger connection to East Freo and South Freo than West Coast do. In fact West Coast probably have much closer history with players such as Matera, Worsfold, Jakovich, Mainwaring, Waterman, Sumich, Brennan, Hart, Cousins and Kerr all hailing from the two Fremantle WAFL clubs.

I wouldn’t say I hate freo they are a topic of derision and banter out west. Long as we beat them during the derbies I’m not fussed how they go.

But Freagles are the absolute worse any freagle deserves to be strung up by his nuts as a tribute to not being s ****

I am one of those dockers fans that don't mind the Eagles as a team, especially the current version.
Their fans though are a completely different matter.

For example I was hoping West Coast won the GF this year but there was instant regret 5 minutes after the siren.

Like all clubs both teams have their fair share of moron supporters.
Problem with West Coast is as it's a state team they have a much larger support base.
Because of this they have a much larger group of nuffie fans and a heap of fairweather supporters.

It's probably that latter group that annoys Freo fans the most.

The VFL introduced Fremantle to weaken the than state side of West Coast.
Remember Leigh Matthews voicing "we have made it too easy for them after the 92 premiership"
Outside of the derbies both supporter bases should be WA first.
For instance there is no logic in supporting the pies against an opposing WA club when a team like collingwood have everything weighted in their favour.
Exhibit A.
Their delusion has no boundaries, as seen in the post above.

Last edited:
Most eagles fans I know don’t really have an opinion either way on the dockers – they tolerate them and some don’t even mind them having a win and will barrack for them as a neutral (including me). I find its generally the dockers fans who have this inbuilt hatred of the eagles which I find funny. They get so wound up about it. My theory is that most of them were on the eagles prior to the dockers joining the comp, and then made the big decision to jump on the freo wagon when they started. If someone grew up in the freo area or grew up barracking for south or east freo I can understand them wanting to join the dockers bandwagon. I come from a long line of south freo supporters but joined the eagles as soon as they started. So had a loyalty to the west coast and stayed with them after the dockers joined the comp. The dockers supporters who annoy me most are the western / northern suburbs types, who had no real association with freo who thought it would be cool and edgy to join freo. They are the ones who seem to get most wound up about WC. I reckon its because they realise what a huge mistake they have made and have then developed massive chips on their shoulders, watching freo lurch from one disaster to the other in the early years, then have a few years where they dangled the carrot of success in front of the supporters, only to quickly fall back to the pack quickly, whilst during this whole time the eagles play finals, have the better win/loss record in derbys and win GFs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back