Liking the Dockers AND the Eagles.

carnaroys08

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cowboys, Storm.
Grew up on VFL. Loved the Big V playing WA; WA players were so good, they were fast & moved the ball quickly.

I'm interested in how other VFL/SANFL etc. etc. original followers feel about the two teams in the West & why?

I really like the Dockers & the Eagles. Normally barrack for them in neutral games.

Why are Eagles/Dockers fans so vicious toward each other? Individually they are usually really nice.

*Please try & stick to solid on or off field incidents.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
giphy.gif

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Dockers excising the Chant of the Volga Boatman from their club song was a shameful act that will live in infamy.

The Eagles should excise their entire song (though it eerily forewarned of their drug issues).

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
The reason why I hate the Dockers is because we had to share a Home Ground with them, when they could have kiss there ball and Go Back to Fremantle and play at Freo Oval. They should have stayed at Subi because they could only get 40,000 to a home game.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Both have awful team songs
Only one is without flags. This is important because:

Think I like the Eagles more. Never really annoyed me that much and when they beat Sydney it was good.
Actually when they beat the Pies it was good.
Actually when they beat the Cats (twice ffs!) that was pretty good.

upload_2018-12-12_19-50-27.gif

Then...

Bunnies to us in two Grand Finals

F**ken love the Eagles

upload_2018-12-12_19-52-44.gif

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Both have awful team songs
Only one is without flags. This is important because:

Think I like the Eagles more. Never really annoyed me that much and when they beat Sydney it was good.
Actually when they beat the Pies it was good.
Actually when they beat the Cats (twice ffs!) that was pretty good.

View attachment 594736

Then...

Bunnies to us in two Grand Finals

F**ken love the Eagles

View attachment 594738
Freo are kinda cute and non-threatening though.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
The problem is this....99% of Dockers supporters were once Eagles supporters, nobody likes a turncoat, Judas, traitor, Benedict Arnold type now do they ?

Black Duck, through their depths ( 70’s !!!!!! ) to their triumphs ( 80’s, ..... Baker, Roo, Ware ).

Was overseas a lot in the late 80’s, so didn’t align with the Eagles.

May 11, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
This thread lol, bunch of Eagles fans start banging on about how awful we are before a Freo person got a word in.

They're a better team sure, but it's the 'I'm a better person than you because I support the Eagles.' vibe I get off them that's ******* nauseous. Like genuinely they speak to you like they're the most perfect people in the world. You're not mate, you just support a more successful team.

Props to the club and their players though, they've done well to build the team they have

Back