Li'l Pags

Remove this Banner Ad

Gonzo

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2000
usually a bar!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone know if he got picked up by another team or has he gone to the VFL/ammos???

What an absolute waste that was, the kid had great ball getting ability - pretty ordinary getting rid of it though - but the ability to get the hard ball is right up there in the skills list (or should be!!!)

Best of luck to the kid, wrong team at the wrong time!

Cheers

Gonzo

Originally posted by Gonzo:
Anyone know if he got picked up by another team or has he gone to the VFL/ammos???

What an absolute waste that was, the kid had great ball getting ability - pretty ordinary getting rid of it though - but the ability to get the hard ball is right up there in the skills list (or should be!!!)

Best of luck to the kid, wrong team at the wrong time!

Cheers

Gonzo

Surely, if he were that good, he would have got picked up !!!

On the contrary Aussie_Roo.
I'm sure there's stacks of talent out there who have missed their opportunity due to circumstances like little Pags.

He really used to cop a lot of crap of the field just because of who his dad was.

I agree he was a good player & definately wrong team, wrong time.

I remember watching Ryan in a curtain raiser back in the early to mid nineties captaining a school team... and thinking wow we get this guy under the father-son rule... sadly wrong place wrong time... and the potential was never met...

Definitely at the wrong time, rather unfortunate for Ryan.

As an oppostion coach would you have picked him up, considering who his father is???

And we all saw the mess that picking him in our first 22 caused.

Best of luck to Ryan wherever his footy takes him!

I have heard from a friend in the know that he is coming over to play for the eagles here in sa on the recommendation of new kangas assistant paul hamilton who was eagles coach last season

Hmmm, interesting Easty. I hope no one at the Eagles twigs at the connection there or they'll just say Pags snr called on a few favours to get his son a gig.

Please come back & let us know if its confirmed, we'd be interested to know wherever Ryan ends up playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back