AFLW Player #13: Lily-Rose Williamson - injured ankle ligament, still 2 weeks away - 22/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Lily-Rose up the back with number 13!

That is the last one, we now have all our jumper numbers basically confirmed (the club socials are slack with their drip feeding approach to introducing players but we got there in the end)

Not a fan of drip feeding for the sake of clicks.

A night like last night is perfect for this.

Not a fan of drip feeding for the sake of clicks.

A night like last night is perfect for this.
I don’t mind them doing the graphics to introduce each player, since there are thirty-two people we need to get to know, and it helps to keep it in digestible chunks.

But yeah I wish the jumper numbers were in like a video reveal similar to a few years ago, first day of whole group training they get their assigned lockers and matching jumper numbers.

Then do the drip feed thing as a count down to R1. 35 days to go, Cat Phillips. 33 days to go, Amber Clarke. 32 days to go, Paige Scott. Etc

90 seconds to go in the fourth quarter of the last round of the season, gets tackled to the ground and lands awkwardly on her head/neck :\

Stretchered off... commentators at the end reckon she was conscious in the rooms and they're hoping no serious damage but we won't know for a bit

Third video down here;

90 seconds to go in the fourth quarter of the last round of the season, gets tackled to the ground and lands awkwardly on her head/neck :\

Stretchered off... commentators at the end reckon she was conscious in the rooms and they're hoping no serious damage but we won't know for a bit

Third video down here;

Not sure how it wasn’t a dangerous tackle tbh

Did anyone else see a few of the Port players having a laugh, jumping around like they won a game while in a huddle as this lady is stretchered off? mate, your team just kicked it's first and only game and a human is in a pretty risky situation....looking at you #21 Amelie Borg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That tackle was really unfortunate. You see players dragged down by the arm all the time, but that seemed combined with her own momentum and weight. Not a sling tackle. I think it was just unlucky. Hope she's okay.

Last edited:
That tackle was really unfortunate. You see players dragged down by the arm all the time, but that seemed combined with her own momentum and weight. Not a sling tackle. I think it was just unlucky. Hope she's okay.
I agree, but I also don't see a problem with the grading it got: careless, high, high (2 weeks).

Lily-Rose also got a reprimand for a tackle she laid in the game

injured ankle ligament, 3-4 weeks away
Now listed as 6-7 weeks away with an ankle ligament injury

From last week's injury report:

Williamson damaged ankle ligaments during the pre-season and is starting to ease into impact training.

“Lily has a more long-term injury, so we will continue to work through her rehabilitation plans to see her towards the back end of the season.”

should start running again this week after an ankle ligament injury
still listed as 2 weeks away with the ankle injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back