Toast Lin Jong retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Was playing a real good game before fat boy McGovern cracked his shoulder in that 2016 final. Amazing effort to do what he did with a plate in his shoulder and be BOG in the ressies final. From a list management point of view it is the right call for the club too. Thanks Lin!

Shame to see him retire but the time was probably right. Will always be a loved Bulldog for putting his body on the line for the team so many times.

Would have been a premiership player in 2016 if not for his injury but instead came back from a bung shoulder to get BOG in a VFL premiership just a few weeks later, proving the type of player he was.

Always put his body on the line, it’s just a shame that same body let him down so often

Go well Lin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im generally pretty sanguine about players retiring, understanding that list management is a brutal business.

However, even though it was inevitable this one makes me a bit sad. Although clearly not the most gifted guy on the list, when fit he was always a point of difference with what be brought to the side. He is somebody who I always admired the way he held himself regardless of the injury set backs that ruined what could've been.

It's ironic that the thing that probably stopped him playing in the AFL Grand Final when He got crunched against the West Coast. Resulted in what he will be most remembered for by the clubs fans when the club had him strap the opposite shoulder the week before in the VFL Grand Final.

I wish him nothing but happiness with whatever he does with the rest of his life.

Im generally pretty sanguine about players retiring, understanding that list management is a brutal business.

However, even though it was inevitable this one makes me a bit sad. Although clearly not the most gifted guy on the list, when fit he was always a point of difference with what be brought to the side. He is somebody who I always admired the way he held himself regardless of the injury set backs that ruined what could've been.

It's ironic that the thing that probably stopped him playing in the AFL Grand Final when He got crunched against the West Coast. Resulted in what he will be most remembered for by the clubs fans when the club had him strap the opposite shoulder the week before in the VFL Grand Final.

I wish him nothing but happiness with whatever he does with the rest of his life.
Loved Jongy for all the reasons above and ditto the last sentence.

He will live on in BF

1628041090572.png

Considering his background and lack of Australian Rules as a junior, Lin's achievement cannot be underestimated. Perhaps this lack of footy development became his achilles heal contributing to an apparent awkwardness on the field that placed him in so many dangerous positions resulting in injury. Whatever his shortcomings as a player, lack of courage and determination were not among them. Had he had more luck, he could have been one of our premiership immortals. Well done Lin, you gave it your best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back