Lin Jong - Where do we go to from here

What will the club do after hearing about Jong touring other club facilities ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJHunter

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2008
Toorak
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Okay so we all know the story.

Jongy took a guided tour of the Lexus/Holden centre investigating his options for 2016.
Misplaced maybe, cardinal sin maybe - everyone will have their own opinions.

But just what will the club do - not what you would do but what will the club do.

I suspect we will not see him in the side this week. Bevo is a big preachers of trust and I would imagine the public nature of the shopping around will have broken that trust. When he comes back I am not sure.

Can you blame for keeping his options open? Our recruiting of younger players has been sensational, we've got Daniel, Honey, Williams, Webb, Dunkley, Hunter, Bont, R.Smith and Lynch all younger than him and likely to develop rapidly over the next 18 months.

If he plays finals and a blinder I would be really be happy for him, but what are the chances he will be best 22 in 2 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see why anything would change. Like anybody else on the fringes of the best 22 he and his management are free to explore their options.

Tempest, teacups and all that.

What a terrible thread and terrible poll question.

So BigFooty can be the judge of wanting him dropped literally every week he plays in spite of him being a good player, yet BigFooty can be the disciplinarian and whine and want to punish him when him being out of contract and looking at options at other clubs?

Give me a break.

You realise someone already made a thread about this and it was integrated into the trade and list management thread where it belongs? For *'s sake.

What a terrible thread and terrible poll question.

So BigFooty can be the judge of wanting him dropped literally every week he plays in spite of him being a good player, yet BigFooty can be the disciplinarian and whine and want to punish him when him being out of contract and looking at options at other clubs?

Give me a break.

News to hand; bigfooty is not the real world.

Play on, if he told the club he was looking around it's definitely play on, if not then maybe the club needs to have a chat with him.

Then that chat gets made public, filth like Barrett say, oh Jong can't cover things up but you guys can etc etc.

If it's OK to shop players around like we've done with Rat (Rat might not like hearing that that conversation took place, but at least he has to agree to a move, he can't be forced) then it's fine for Lin to look at his options. I'm just thankful it's Lin touring and not one of the many I consider more important to us than he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back