Lin Jong - Where do we go to from here

What will the club do after hearing about Jong touring other club facilities ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy with us only offering 1 year. JJ and Stringer are out of contract next year. I want the flexibility to be able to give them more cash if we need to, so not having a few hundred grand tied into Jong is crucial in case someone comes to JJ or Stringer with a massive deal
Stringer is signed up til end of 2018.

I'm happy to play him when required for the rest of the season. But he is in my opinion first on the list now to be traded. I don't care if he doesn't go but the club has no reason to be loyal to him. He has shown where he stands so the club can decide who to deal with and what for. Just get the best deal you can for him JMac.
If he stays, so be it. But no longer a favourite for me....just a soldier to be used when required.

This happens a bit but to do a tour of facilities during the season is bizarre. Basically comes down to having a hack manager. Can't change your DNA I guess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Debatable.

Coz that wasn't sarcasm But hahahahaha look at who likes this??

The 2 moral compasses of the forum, god I wish I was as perfect as these two Id love looking down my nose at the plebs.

Wetdog try one post that isn't about me! Go on again I dare you

Last edited:
Coz that wasn't am sarcasm But Haha look at who likes this??

The 2 moral compasses of the forum, god I wish I was as perfect as these two Id love looking down nose at the plebs.

Wetdog try on post tagged isn't about me! Go on again I dare you
MD go home, you're drunk.

Or at least make this post understandable. I've been looking at it for 2 minutes straight and can't figure it out

MD go home, you're drunk.

Or at least make this post understandable. I've been looking at it for 2 minutes straight and can't figure it out

Haha sorry mate my phone is really playing up I should check every message.

I fixed it now I hope that's better. And I am not drunk 14 cans is not drunk it's tipsy thank you .

Last edited:
Well, I guess we now know where the Coach and Football Department stand on Jong.

Western Bulldog Lin Jong weighs two-year offer to stay at Whitten Oval

Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge has revealed Lin Jong has a two-year contract offer on the table to stay at the club, and did so at the time he toured Collingwood's facilities.

News that Jong met with Magpies coach Nathan Buckley at the club's headquarters has caused heated debate in AFL circles.

With both Collingwood and the Bulldogs seeming to go back and forth on the issue of how appropriate it is to meet a player from another team on club premises, Beveridge is now hopeful the midfield utility will sign the contract extension.

"Jongy's probably not far away from saying to us, 'I want to sign on the dotted line' or, 'nah, I want to wait'," Beveridge said.

"It's a two-year offer, it's not a one-year offer.

"We love Jongy. We think he makes valuable contributions and he's only going to improve so he's a really important player for us. We don't want to lose him."

The 23-year-old has played just 31 games for the Bulldogs, averaging 15 disposals and two clearances.

The fact Jong had an offer on the table from the Bulldogs at the time he visited Collingwood adds intrigue to the situation and leaves the Bulldog with a difficult decision to make in the coming weeks.

"The only thing that surprised me is where the meeting was," Beveridge said on Tuesday.

"I think Collingwood [should] go for their life and Jongy's well within his rights to have a meeting but as I said, you've just got to keep it secret."

While Beveridge said he's not angry the meeting took place, he was clearly unhappy the matter became public.

"There's no double standards here, we'd do it as well but we just wouldn't do it here.

"We wouldn't do it at the Whitten Oval because you've got to keep it behind closed doors and make sure it doesn't get out, that's common practice."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-to-stay-at-whitten-oval-20160712-gq45us.html

I am confident he will re-sign. Apparently his dad was overseas in China when his visit to Collingwood was made, and his dad was furious, the whole family are big Bulldogs people. I think his manager might have been using the pies as leverage in the contract negotiations.

Yeh I know - he should be offered a third year Mattdougie, but in times like these we need to be frugal.

images

Buckley was interviewed on MMM about this.He was very upfront about what happened.He also made it very clear they were very interested in Jong because he is quick, strong, is a good height and hard at the ball. He also suggested he is having a very good season.

Perhaps their scouts (who have full times roles and are in the business of scrutinising opposition lists nad identifying talent and opportunities to enhance their lists) don't scrutinise players as closely as some who rate Jong as a spud?

I wouldn't have Jong in the top 25 of our list, however no club has a full list of elite players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back