Injury Lincoln McCarthy Groin Issue (Edit: Groin Issue Resolved)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pool, Dead....

"what in the s**t"

* me - bloke cant take a trick... another non foot related injury.....

GO Catters

He's played three finals and been unsighted in two of them. Instead of making excuses perhaps he isn't as good as people wish.

But at least he's over his injuries, so I stand corrected there.
Nobody said he was a superstar though did they? He has played 27 games for crying out loud. And he ain't Robinson Crusoe in recent finals games.

He's played three finals and been unsighted in two of them. Instead of making excuses perhaps he isn't as good as people wish.

Your sarcasm is bringing me entertainment party. Even ablett snr had poor finals games when the team didnt deliver. The kid will show you eventually if he gets a run at it. I hope they dont desert you when your sarcasm runs dry. I'll be behind you if you have a poor run. I'll back you to be back with a flourish.

Nobody said he was a superstar though did they? He has played 27 games for crying out loud. And he ain't Robinson Crusoe in recent finals games.
He's talked up a fair bit on here for what he's actually delivered IMO.
His forward pressure is massively overrated. He's just had a few notable tackles in his career where he hurt a couple of blokes.
You can tell he can take a mark but rarely ever does. You can also tell he can be a quality finisher but doesn't really kick goals.
He's like a poor mans Elliot from Collingwood. I doubt he'd be on any other clubs list after 6 years let alone best 22.

He's talked up a fair bit on here for what he's actually delivered IMO.
His forward pressure is massively overrated. He's just had a few notable tackles in his career where he hurt a couple of blokes.
You can tell he can take a mark but rarely ever does. You can also tell he can be a quality finisher but doesn't really kick goals.
He's like a poor mans Elliot from Collingwood. I doubt he'd be on any other clubs list after 6 years let alone best 22.
I know that I have talked him up for what he could possibly become if he got a decent run at it, not for what he is right now. For a guy who hasn't even played 30 games, he goes ok but just too many injuries.

Sarcastic delight with an injured player.

Stay classy Parts... stay classy.

Go Catters

Actually it's when posters have a crack at me strangely enough I respond. Complicated I know.

He wanted sarcasm he got it.

Didnt read the previous posts that way - but fair enough in your opinion if it was invited.

Carry on.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So recruited when? And how many games has he missed in that time, at both AFL and VFL level?
If the call is made that the injury that kept him out is no longer an issue the number of games he has missed to the point is irrelevant as long as he is playing well (which he was).

If the call is made that the injury that kept him out is no longer an issue the number of games he has missed to the point is irrelevant as long as he is playing well (which he was).

Yes I understand your point. However, why offer a multi term deal to someone who's missed a great deal of footy?

Was the foot injury the only one in that period since 2011 draft?

Actually it's when posters have a crack at me strangely enough I respond. Complicated I know.

He wanted sarcasm he got it.
Party seriously. I acknowledged your sarcasm in the previous post and was stating that id back you if you had a poor sarco period. Perhaps you can back a promising kid who has not had a run at it. If that's asking you to bring it then bring it. I'll still back you. However, if learning reason dont do it for you (not sure if you back menz yet), then I'll back you anyway.
The spirit of de gatto

Given that Linc apparently sat out Saturday's match sim with a groin issue, fair to say this year is going to be a bit of a concern? Anyone know if he trained at all over the preseason?

(as reported in this article http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2018-02-18/danger-back-to-best-in-cats-match-simulation)

Edit: oh noticed this: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-17/race-to-round-one-how-is-your-club-tracking

Rule him out: Lincoln McCarthy (groin)had surgery in May last year and has had some issues in his recovery. Given his long injury history, the Cats will be cautious with his return.

Didnt realise it was an issue again - thought it was scheduled management.

He's entering Cowan levels at this point. Lots of promise but if he keeps breaking down its gonna be curtains.

Never a fun conversation but its nearly here. Now, that goes away if he gets out there by Rd2-4 and makes it thru the year.

GO Catters

He's entering Cowan levels at this point. Lots of promise but if he keeps breaking down its gonna be curtains.

Never a fun conversation but its nearly here. Now, that goes away if he gets out there by Rd2-4 and makes it thru the year.

GO Catters
Least we know the mythical 'abominable snowman' position didn't remain vacant at all.

Linc seems to have all the skills to be a high impact player. Has pace , tremendous leap and can finish well around goal. Looks to have fast twitch type athletic ability.
Was it Danger that remarked on his abilities by saying - where have you been hiding this guy.
Only thing missing to bring that potential into reality is consistent game time - really hope he has a chance to show us what he's got this season and beyond.

Given that Linc apparently sat out Saturday's match sim with a groin issue, fair to say this year is going to be a bit of a concern? Anyone know if he trained at all over the preseason?

(as reported in this article http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2018-02-18/danger-back-to-best-in-cats-match-simulation)

Edit: oh noticed this: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-17/race-to-round-one-how-is-your-club-tracking
If he's not right to go in round 1 some serious questions need to be asked.

If he's not right to go in round 1 some serious questions need to be asked.
Remember him getting quoted last year after his injury he was lucky he had the 2 year deal or he was gone. Could be worse. Could be Freeman from St Kilda.

GO Catters
Yeah he's in real strife, if he's not playing in the first 5 weeks I hope they don't push to try get him in, his body can't cope and I'd prefer someone to get a chance that can hopefully stay on the park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back