Lindsay in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Article in the Hun today suggests that it will be McKernan out L.Smith in for this weeks game. Corey's confidence is shot and a couple in the MK's MAY be good for him but MAY be about the worst thing for him too but I think we need to find out.

Interesting.....I would just love to see Mr Smith get the opportunity to play in the seniors this week - he is a real talent.
biggrin.gif

------------------
MARK HILTON FOR THE SENIOR LIST!

I would be very surprised if L.Smith does not get a game. Corey will stay in the side as W.C. will miss a few weeks per the tribunal

I reckon this will be Smith's week, but Burton will get dropped. If Wayne gets rubbed out, Burton's arse will be saved as he will have to play ruck with McKernan going forward.
If Carey goes, it will hurt our defensive match-ups as either Colbert or Archer (probably Archer) will be asked to play Mr.Fixit up forward, even if the job is getting done down back.

Now this is just my opinion, but I am guessing that Corey wouldn't take too well to being dropped. Some players handle this better than others, but I'm also guessing that we won't find out this week, because if Carey goes, they surely won't drop him.

If Carey goes - Lange should get a game. He has played well in the past and is eager to play again. I heard that his drop in form was precipitated by a couple of players who thought he was getting a big head after his couple of "carey like" games last year.

Originally posted by Darky:
I reckon this will be Smith's week, but Burton will get dropped. If Wayne gets rubbed out, Burton's arse will be saved as he will have to play ruck with McKernan going forward.
If Carey goes, it will hurt our defensive match-ups as either Colbert or Archer (probably Archer) will be asked to play Mr.Fixit up forward, even if the job is getting done down back.

------------------
"Victoria amat curam" (Victory demands dedication)

I don't think McKernan will be dropped. His ruck work has been horrible, but at least he has been taking some marks around the ground.
Burton must go, his ruck work has been abysmal and he's been pretty useless around the ground in general play. I don't think he got a kick in last week's game.

From what I've seen of L.Smith , he's looked pretty good. He has a good leap, however , he lacks body strength.
I don't know how Petrie's gone in the magoos, but he may be an option.

I hope Denis opts for a change, as we are getting killed in this area of our game.

I love the comment in the paper that stated he can leap tall buildings! I would like to see him start forward with Corey in the ruck. I think that Watt may be the other player in the forward line. Give these guys some responsibility and lets see what they can do.
I wouldn't worry about the body strength. He jumps over the top of them, he won't even make body contact!

------------------
MOTI

PS -
Those of us who saw Lindsay play against the Bullants at Preston would also have seen the way he ran back to defence to get in front of their forwards. His mark of the century attempt was at full back. What was even better was his willingness to run forward when we had possession to give an option.
Someone wrote he seemed lazy in Tasmania, maybe it was the weather because he ran himself ragged against the Bullants.

------------------
MOTI

Originally posted by Fruity:
Now this is just my opinion, but I am guessing that Corey wouldn't take too well to being dropped.

I’m inclined to agree, Fruity.
I’m also aware that there are a certain few numbers which are not offered when the club sends the MK jumpers off to be screen-printed. I doubt 31 was printed up this year & reckon it won’t be. Last year the Pikey & Winnie “disgraced” MK jumpers became collector’s items and attracted a lot of interest at the end of year dirty jumper auction.
Funny to note though, that this year has already seen 4, 34 and 29 on the backs of MK jumpers, who would have thought so a year ago?

But the fact remains, McKernan will not be dropped simply because he has nothing to wear.

Originally posted by Moti:
PS -
Those of us who saw Lindsay play against the Bullants at Preston would also have seen the way he ran back to defence to get in front of their forwards. His mark of the century attempt was at full back. What was even better was his willingness to run forward when we had possession to give an option.
Someone wrote he seemed lazy in Tasmania, maybe it was the weather because he ran himself ragged against the Bullants.

Geeze, this would have to be a first, I agree wholeheartedly.
wink.gif

Lindsay aka NBT would HAVE TO get a go soon, this guy has no fear of flying over a pack.

I saw the bullants game and he reminded me of Corey McK circa 1995/1996!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I have not seen Mr Smith play.

However if he is half as good as what everyone is building him up to be then...

As much as it is encourgaing to see the likes of Harris and D Smith performing there is nothing more to get excited (on a football field) than a young forward who can take a hanger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back