Lindsay Tanner says Jobe should keep the Brownlow...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew_s

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/es...n/news-story/b6a5c014556c3eb83f6ac62261faad12

“It is a discretionary choice – a choice to be made by the sport,” Tanner said.

“As far as we’re concerned it is an individual award and we will support Jobe in whatever approach he chooses to take, should it get to that.

“All I can do is express my view and the view of the Essendon Football Club – we won’t be the ones making the decision.

“Our view is that Jobe should retain that medal."

Surely you'd be better off not commenting. If the conviction stands, there is no way he can keep the medal. I'd hope most Essendon fans can see that.

If a political grounding is good preparation for writing fiction as the left wing deregulator (ha ha what wondrous non sequiturs politics produces) said, is not EFC enravelment fair grounding for fantasy? So Jobe, after all the pricks from those misfortunate arrows, keep your brownlow. Hold it close to breast, may it fend off further arrows of contempt.

I used to think highly of Tanner but damn he's said some stupid things over the years.

I think the politicians have bought into the media narrative on this. But it's a narrative forged through both nepotism and a fear of being on the AFLs bad side, not because public opinion supports drug cheats.

EDIT:whoops I didn't know he was involved at Essendon now. I guess he's helping to forge the narrative himself I guess.

This is pretty damning as it shows that the have not learned and moved on from this as a club. If this is the prevailing attitude, then they are likley to cheat again some time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fairest and best is a mockery, we have Chris "Chicken Wing" Judd and Jobe "Dope" Watson both with a Charlie and Sam Mitchell, Trent Cotchin who do not and as for Chris Grant, not even the umpires thought the report should go further but thanks to Collo the rest is history!

The "Fairest and Best" is as best misguided. It's time for an upheaval, points wise and eligibility. And as for Tanner, I will get you a bigger shovel to dig that hole faster. What a twat.

So the Essendon Chairman wants Jobe to keep his Brownlow?
What a shocking twist!
In other surprising Footy news, Eddie Mcguire wants Collingwood to win on the weekend.
Way to miss the bigger picture.

I think the politicians have bought into the media narrative on this. But it's a narrative forged through both nepotism and a fear of being on the AFLs bad side, not because public opinion supports drug cheats.

no, the political choice is not 95% population against Essendon, 5% for.

The 5% for are the one issue voters who love their sport and don't care how the sausage is made, or deliberately stick fingers in their ears, or, are so daft they think the players are "good guys" and therefore would never dope.

You only can lose the vote by alienating the 5%, the 95% wont be the one issue voter who will not mark your ballot box cos you did not raze windy hill to the ground. anyone wanna parse those double negatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back