Lindsay Tanner says Jobe should keep the Brownlow...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would have to, no doubt about it (they wouldn't want to, however). NRL stripped the Storm of their two (I think it was) premierships. If the appeal is unsuccessful, AFL have to strip Jobe of his Brownlow. No ands, ifs or buts.

Read between the lines, Jen.

The AFL is now commencing its PR campaign to do exactly the opposite. The AFL has steadfastly refused to acknowledge the clear fact that doping has and is occurring. The AFL's stance is publicly say one thing and support the dope cheats as much as they possibly dare...and they dare plenty.

Anybody who thinks that Essendon are the only club involved in systematic doping is utterly delusional. Essendon is the unlucky team that got caught in publc.

Jobe will keep the medal and that will be an 'up yours' to ASADA / WADA. They can do that because nobody in government has either the integrity or the nads to hold them accountable. One thing I've seen first hand is if you are big enough, nobody in government will take you on because their is no political to go the distance in a stand up fight.

The difficult part will be trying to justify why they haven't stripped Jobe of his medal when it is clear cut they have to.

I think this is what Gil was alluding to.

They will take a hit from the public if the medal is not given to Cotchin and Mitchell, they seem to be forgotten in the discussion . Where is the AFLs concern and responsibility to them and thier efforts.
I think the media will enjoy smacking the AFL for its hypocrisy once a declaration is made even from those in the afl aligned /obligated media.

I honestly hope they let him keep it. It further devalues a meaningless trinket decided upon by flogs who one day decided to become an umpire and will also provide lols when the AFL and its bitches in the media have to jump trough numerous silly hurdles to justify it.

I honestly hope they let him keep it. It further devalues a meaningless trinket decided upon by flogs who one day decided to become an umpire and will also provide lols when the AFL and its bitches in the media have to jump trough numerous silly hurdles to justify it.
Mark Fine is frothing at this.

Imagine the line up of previously, ineligible winners lining up, bowl in hand, to get theirs too.

brownlow medals too.jpg

Read between the lines, Jen.

The AFL is now commencing its PR campaign to do exactly the opposite. The AFL has steadfastly refused to acknowledge the clear fact that doping has and is occurring. The AFL's stance is publicly say one thing and support the dope cheats as much as they possibly dare...and they dare plenty.

Anybody who thinks that Essendon are the only club involved in systematic doping is utterly delusional. Essendon is the unlucky team that got caught in publc.

Jobe will keep the medal and that will be an 'up yours' to ASADA / WADA. They can do that because nobody in government has either the integrity or the nads to hold them accountable. One thing I've seen first hand is if you are big enough, nobody in government will take you on because their is no political to go the distance in a stand up fight.

And it isn't just confined to Australia.

Gill is a pussy. It's the easiest decision they will ever have to make because they can cite a finding from a world body that he was found guilty of doping.

The rules clearly state that any awards won during that period must be stripped from the athlete.

It's a no brainer and not the afl's fault. All this hand wringing just shows they have no back bone and are not running the Comp fairly.

On radio this morning, that the banned players won't just be able to walk out of Essendon. They have got strong legal advice that they won't be able to, and would end back up at Essendon, so good chance all 12 will re-sign

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On radio this morning, that the banned players won't just be able to walk out of Essendon. They have got strong legal advice that they won't be able to, and would end back up at Essendon, so good chance all 12 will re-sign

What radio station?

Still does not prevent them asking for a trade

No idea.

What is interesting though, is that a players contract doesn't get voided if they are found to be cheating. What would a club do if a player got suspended for cheating and didn't want them back?

Come down to the contract, fair few contracts have performance/ levels of fitness clauses, not being able to play make these hard to achieve, the extension in bans from 2 to 4 years would also makes contracts more expire naturally before player can play again.

Just the AFL bullying to get there own way, not letting EFC struggle.
They could right now make a decision on behalf of all the players to allow them to move on the basis that it was an EFC sanctioned program that got them suspended. What else do they need to know.

Don't know why Gil said , wouldn't it be good if the the EFC retained all the players.
Well, wouldn't it be good if all the players were allowed to leave if they felt aggrieved by the EFC.
Hope some of them do stand up to the AFL.

What radio station?

Still does not prevent them asking for a trade

Come down to the contract, fair few contracts have performance/ levels of fitness clauses, not being able to play make these hard to achieve, the extension in bans from 2 to 4 years would also makes contracts more expire naturally before player can play again.
MMM on the rub. Jay from HS.

Lots of posts on here saying that if the CAS verdict is overturned then he should keep it.

My understanding is that they are appealing on a technicality of process not the judgement. Even if they win the appeal on process (extremely unlikely), then the whole case will just be adjudicated again (with the same or potentially more damning result).

Have I got that right ?

Lots of posts on here saying that if the CAS verdict is overturned then he should keep it.

My understanding is that they are appealing on a technicality of process not the judgement. Even if they win the appeal on process (extremely unlikely), then the whole case will just be adjudicated again (with the same or potentially more damning result).

Have I got that right ?
If they do win the appeal, it will most likely goto CAS and then await their decision. Depending on that decision (wether they are found guilty or not guilty) will depend on the medal. You won't find a more damning result, unless its a complete retrial which I highly doubt

They would have to, no doubt about it (they wouldn't want to, however). NRL stripped the Storm of their two (I think it was) premierships. If the appeal is unsuccessful, AFL have to strip Jobe of his Brownlow. No ands, ifs or buts.

The NRL did strip the Storm of their premierships but they never stripped individual awards earned by Cronulla players who pleaded guilty for doping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back