Toast Lindsay Thomas Announces Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

He must have neen niggling off the ball because Carlton players were going after him. He put a few off their game.

Love it. Love the hatred, so Ports.... who was the 80’s player we had, Mahney? He used to niggle until oppo players turned around and belted him, free kick then goal, thems were the days.

Love it. Love the hatred, so Ports.... who was the 80’s player we had, Mahney? He used to niggle until oppo players turned around and belted him, free kick then goal, thems were the days.

And in more recent times - Carr, Hardwick, Monfries and Hartlett.

Lol yeah Mahney is a good example. I remember Mahns once having a drink from the water bottle then turning it around and squirting his opponent. Started a blue :D

Clifford was another master aggravator.

Harwick's agitation of the brisvegas players in the early minutes of the 2004 GF, particularly Akermanis, should NEVER be underestimated.
It set the tone for the game, and showed them no Port player was going to take a backward step. :thumbsu:
How many times did he do that in games for us. Such a strong hard edged team back then. Starting to see a bit of now with Wines, SPP and Rockcliff.

A big tick to our recruitment strategy. It's not just all about bringing in big name players like Ryder, Dixon and Motlop but also the "unwanted" who we know can play a role for us. Lindsay's been an important pick-up for the club.

A big tick to our recruitment strategy. It's not just all about bringing in big name players like Ryder, Dixon and Motlop but also the "unwanted" who we know can play a role for us. Lindsay's been an important pick-up for the club.
I don't think we actively recruited him. He begged us to take him and north just said 'you can have him.'
Great pickup though

Got booed for getting decapitated.

LOL

Yep. I laughed loudly where I was sitting and then said loudly "your kidding" ! I then said to my mate "I guess you can't blame Carlton fans for being bitter and twisted" ! This raging red bearded Carlton fan in front of me then turned around in anger and said to me "come on mate it's Lindsay Thomas" ! I then said "Yes it is and he was just decapitated massively so sit the * back down and let it go".

The Blues fan then shook his head and sat down quietly.

He also didn't like it when I screamed and applauded the Curnow mark later in the game either. Must of made him feel pathetic. Fine with me.

That was brilliant I must say!

Was actually pretty shocked that the Blues fans then booed Thomas for the rest of the game.

Was actually pretty shocked that the Blues fans then booed Thomas for the rest of the game.

Was that the loudest they were all day? Certainly came across that way on TV.

Was that the loudest they were all day? Certainly came across that way on TV.

Nah they were pretty consistent most of the game.

You could just feel the tension of not having won for so long and they thought they had a chance which prompted excitement.

I enjoyed the day, I made sure I made plenty of loud conversive remarks to my mate like:

"You really have to admire simmo. Playing 300 games for Carlton in this era would have been torture. It's not like he wouldn't have had offers. I really feel for the bloke."

:D:D:D

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again.... I bloody love LT. Every time he plays, I jump on twitter and put a little search in his name. Find the often racist, often stupid and always deadset misguided fools that wanna have a crack at him. Then what normally happens is they block me and delete their tweets. It’s become habitual.

I hope you blokes go all the way, if we can’t, and get a premiership medal around his neck.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again.... I bloody love LT. Every time he plays, I jump on twitter and put a little search in his name. Find the often racist, often stupid and always deadset misguided fools that wanna have a crack at him. Then what normally happens is they block me and delete their tweets. It’s become habitual.

I hope you blokes go all the way, if we can’t, and get a premiership medal around his neck.
Thanks, and we'd be happy to oblige ;)

The recruitment of Lindsay has been great. So glad we went for him. The brothers would be so happy that he is around. Loved hearing how he was mentoring them.

In my opinion he just offers so much more than Neade ever did. Sure he’s going to have some down games, I just hope he maintains his spot long enough to ride through that.

I recon he would be one of those blokes that makes everyone walk taller in a big final too.

The recruitment of Lindsay has been great. So glad we went for him. The brothers would be so happy that he is around. Loved hearing how he was mentoring them.

In my opinion he just offers so much more than Neade ever did. Sure he’s going to have some down games, I just hope he maintains his spot long enough to ride through that.

I recon he would be one of those blokes that makes everyone walk taller in a big final too.

If Lindsay plays in a GF and decides he is retiring after there could be carnage!

The way the media stitched him up after the Scott Selwood bump was a disgrace. Ling kicked it off, then Whateley put him on trial the Monday morning. Gerard can be a real w***er.
The only thing wrong with it was that it was the wrong Selwood.

No one came out and defended him either, unlike Cameron.

No that’s not true, Carey defended him on both TV and radio and labelled the whole thing a witch hunt. Pretty sure Brayshaw did too. Probably not a surprise that North people would but still good to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back