Toast Lindsay Thomas Announces Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Also since JimmyBeerCans said it I can't get it out of my head that LT really does like like a 45 year old chain smoker on a maccas diet.

Still been brilliant since he's come back from suspension. I really hope he kicks a bag in a big game and shows his doubters that he's still got it.

No that’s not true, Carey defended him on both TV and radio and labelled the whole thing a witch hunt. Pretty sure Brayshaw did too. Probably not a surprise that North people would but still good to see.
Ah I didn’t see that. Good on them. All I saw was ‘dog act’ everywhere. I wish Ling would piss off to Siberia. Useless campaigner.

No that’s not true, Carey defended him on both TV and radio and labelled the whole thing a witch hunt. Pretty sure Brayshaw did too. Probably not a surprise that North people would but still good to see.

Brayshaw was defending him the night it happened when Darce tried getting him to say he's a thug on national TV. * me that was painful to watch.

Also since JimmyBeerCans said it I can't get it out of my head that LT really does like like a 45 year old chain smoker on a maccas diet.

Still been brilliant since he's come back from suspension. I really hope he kicks a bag in a big game and shows his doubters that he's still got it.
6 goals in round 20 would do me!!!

I tell ya. I know I’m dreaming, but to see our ‘rejects’ ( Thomas, Watts, Trengove etc) with a Premiership medal around their necks would be the biggest ‘up you’ to 90% of the Vic and SA media and the campaigners over the road. It would be glorious for the fellas and for Port.

I've thought about this too but I don't want to jinx it.

Hasn't set the World on fire wrt skills etc but if young players need role models to see how a professional foitballer should play then all they need to do is watch tapes of his games this year.

Didnt know what to expect when we picked him up but crikey he has been the definition of an ultimate professional.

How is LT going at the moment? Haven't been following him closely.

Don’t think he’ll last beyond this season. 4 goals from 7 games as an experienced player isn’t good enough. He’s a top class SANFL player though but if he can’t show his class at AFL level then he needs to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t think he’ll last beyond this season. 4 goals from 7 games as an experienced player isn’t good enough. He’s a top class SANFL player though but if he can’t show his class at AFL level then he needs to go.

Thanks mate. Was a great servant at North and whilst he hasn't been kicking the goals for your boys, no doubt he has had a positive effect on your younger guys

How is LT going at the moment? Haven't been following him closely.

Had a really impressive first month but unfortunately dropped right off after that. With Farrell and Johnson now getting selected ahead of him, that's probably it for him. Glad we had him for the year that we did though.

I tell ya. I know I’m dreaming, but to see our ‘rejects’ ( Thomas, Watts, Trengove etc) with a Premiership medal around their necks would be the biggest ‘up you’ to 90% of the Vic and SA media and the campaigners over the road. It would be glorious for the fellas and for Port.
To think that just a month ago I was so optomistic :(

Lindsay was probably cooked when he arrived but gave us a few memorable moments. Worth a punt and at least he finished his career back at Alberton.

4 or 5 years too late I get the fuzzy Maggie boy feels people have for him but it was an odd decision

Really though if he got into the side after the bye he could hold his spot and do some good. But 3 + 1 week suspensions for hits on the Selwoods stuffed that up. was worth the punt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back