Carringbush2010

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
I never said " This entire thing is abbotts fault " anywhere did i ?.......

What i HAVE stated numerous times that from top-to-bottom , the system failed WE THE PEOPLE on this one.
So yes i agree , magistrates , spooks , haul them all in.

Something for a Shorten 2nd term govt to think about

The monis issue should've been " ended " one way or another the moment he wrote letters to diggers widows.
1 mention of abbott and herne loses his **** , almost like he was WAITING for me to say something he could amp up over.
Ok you haven't mentioned it word for word, but the impression you give is that TA is largely at fault.................... maybe you should've mentioned your other targets instead of just "Top down and Tony" when you bumped the thread.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Once again the public gets the short end.
It's also none of the business of the general public. They want to know what happened, but they don't need to know. Going to a trial would have meant that the identities of some officers would have been revealed along with heaps of confidential details on Police tactics. The last thing that the cops want is people like you knowing their inner most secrets.

BTW, I don't mind the payout to the plaintiff personally because I think he deserved it and Special Operations members are severely underpaid.

The problem with this whole scenario was that modern Police command are effectively politicians in uniforms. They're more concerned about their next promotion and being seen to do something that isn't politically correct or makes the politicians look bad will affect this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NSWCROW

TheBrownDog
Sep 16, 2006
NW SYNNEY
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
STURT - LIVERPOOL
It's also none of the business of the general public. They want to know what happened, but they don't need to know. Going to a trial would have meant that the identities of some officers would have been revealed along with heaps of confidential details on Police tactics. The last thing that the cops want is people like you knowing their inner most secrets.

BTW, I don't mind the payout to the plaintiff personally because I think he deserved it and Special Operations members are severely underpaid.

The problem with this whole scenario was that modern Police command are effectively politicians in uniforms. They're more concerned about their next promotion and being seen to do something that isn't politically correct or makes the politicians look bad will affect this.
At least we agree it was a debacle from start to finish

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
With the way the murdoch press jumped in it immesditley, the most logical scenario is the police were pressured from above to drag this media circus out as long as possible

Top Bottom