Roast Line in the sand Rd 13 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost becoming a relief. Some ugly football but can't help but feel this is better long term. Not in the traditional get a draft pick sense but our early form without winning was promising and in danger of creating some false dawn. We're not that bad but we have a heap of work to do. Lots of construction needed in the middle. Still missing at least 1 genuine KPF and a significant half forward / small type. Higgins probably could be that if we didn't have such a dearth in the middle but at the rate we're going he won't be around to play that role when we come good. Kelly + one other gun would make a big difference but not enough on its own to do more than get us middle of the road again.

Really hope Jacobs can come good. He dislodges a plodder from the middle for an absolute truck that works all day. I'd prefer an elite user but I'd take Jacobs every day over a bunch of guys that are slow but can't stick to a player.

Same story for the last 5 years really...

Mediocre start, some scalps against good sides and then try to battle it out for the rest of the year.

I don't understand the playing group. No one does. One day we obliterate a good side and the next we produce the s**t that was reminiscent of early 2000s North.

Making changes to the side can be a temporary solution but * we need to not only reward form, but freakin find some talent! That's why we are going after Kelly and Martin! Problem is that the structures and game style is ****ed because some players are cooked and/or carrying niggles.

With all the effort that was applied to get theses players ready for mentoring, guiding or helping out the younger players, it seems it has gone to waste. Senior players have not stepped up and shown a direction which then corresponds to the younger players becoming stagnant in their output. If the senior players are not putting their boots on, we may as well start over. The current state of the club's reset has been down, up and VERY down again.

It feels like 2011... are we ever going to learn?

Who in the vfl can bring the skill we need I believe the effort is there, but if Higgins or hrovat don't have the football. Then we are no doubt the worse kicking team in the league inside fifty till we recruit at least three highly skilled players we are going no where.

Team is just too slow to adapt and position.

Clearances are outright embarrassing. Out mids including Goldie is the poorest in the league.

Stupid turnovers when we are pushing fwd doesnt help.

No leadership. No skills. No marque player.

Who in the vfl can bring the skill we need I believe the effort is there, but if Higgins or hrovat don't have the football. Then we are no doubt the worse kicking team in the league inside fifty till we recruit at least three highly skilled players we are going no where.

At the moment yes but I think mainly because we stuff up so much getting it there. Teams have figured out after the first 5-6 weeks who they need to sit on to break down the chains - another reason I'd like to see some significant changes such as Preuss and Daw. They will create a massively different feel and some uncertainty (admittedly for both sides). Particularly in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Song for the night
Everything's ****** https://g.co/kgs/GjyxHo

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Two hours before the game started last night my 14 week pregnant wife came up to on the verge of tears. She said she was bleeding and that has never happened when she is pregnant before. It was dark, cold and raining as we drove 50km thru s**t weather to the nearest town with appropriate medical facilities then spent hours trying to keep the other two kids distracted in emergency while the medical staff sussed her out. This sort of thing isn't unusual in a pregnancy but its also scary as all *.

Everything seems ok at this point. The little was spinning round on the ultrasound, heart beat was fine and this one has a habit of "waving at us" and turning somersaults on the ultrasound. Its early in the pregnancy and we'd only seen the little tyke (dunno if its a boy or girl yet) for the first time in the weeks just gone. What a relief. We left the hospital around kickl opff and were home by half time.

I guess that puts the game into perspective. It was a s**t game of footy.

But that is all.

I love that song and I've never been happier to listen and not really "feel it" than after you'd posted it last night.

If Fordham, Neilson, Williams, Daw, Durdin, Preuss, Hibberd, even Zurhaar & Larkey don't see game time from here on this year I'm done attending games. Likewise Mountford needs to play for the rest of the year, unless he deteriorates so badly that he's at sub-Jed levels.

The club already has my money and will again next year, but i have better s**t to do than sit through that dross, watching the same players churn out the same puss without consequence. Extend me the courtesy of watching new players have their chance at mediocrity.

If the guys listed above aren't up to it fine, but ffs give everyone a go at it.

Puss like that shouldn't be tolerated, but it does over and over with us because we do tolerate it.

Last edited:
Two hours before the game started last night my 14 week pregnant wife came up to on the verge of tears. She said she was bleeding and that has never happened when she is pregnant before. It was dark, cold and raining as we drove 50km thru s**t weather to the nearest town with appropriate medical facilities then spent hours trying to keep the other two kids distracted in emergency while the medical staff sussed her out. This sort of thing isn't unusual in a pregnancy but its also scary as all ****.

Everything seems ok at this point. The little was spinning round on the ultrasound, heart beat was fine and this one has a habit of "waving at us" and turning somersaults on the ultrasound. Its early in the pregnancy and we'd only seen the little tyke (dunno if its a boy or girl yet) for the first time in the weeks just gone. What a relief. We left the hospital around kickl opff and were home by half time.

I guess that puts the game into perspective. It was a s**t game of footy.

But that is all.

I love that song and I've never been happier to listen and not really "feel it" than after you'd posted it last night.
That certainly does put things into perspective.

Dirty Three are such a gem of a band.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

If Fordham, Neilson, Williams, Daw, Durdin, Preuss and even Zurhaar don't see game time from here on this year I'm done attending games. Likewise Mountford needs to play for the rest of the year, unless he deteriorates so badly that he's at sub-Jed levels.

The club already has my money and will again next year, but i have better s**t to do than sit through that dross, watching the same players churn out the same puss without consequence. Extend me the courtesy of watching new players have their chance at mediocrity.

If the guys listed above aren't up to it fine, but ffs give everyone a go at it.

Puss like that shouldn't be tolerated, but it does over and over with us because we do tolerate it.
Agree mountford should play the rest of the year Neilson for Hansen can't be worse than Hansen surely.Williams maybe the last few games and daw did sign a three year contract and surely has t o be given a go

Our midfield was destroyed last night. Our kicks from half forward to Brown and Waite are ******* deplorable.

You know it is bad when they do not even have to rush it through for a behind' instead they waltz it out of their backline like a Prima ballerina for a goal down the other end.

Our forward line is good, s**t delivery is killing them.

Our backline is good too, a tidal wave of defending from s**t turnovers is killing them.

Our midfield sucks arse and is killing the forwards and backs.

So where to for the rest of the 2017 season.

Finals gone.

Wat to do?

Who to play?

Who to drop?

Whose in Vfl exile?

...and is the Coffee Shop...the solution?
Lion in the sand???? We don't have the guyswilling to do that. When's the last time you saw us come out breathing fire? Those days are gone. All about systems, structures, execution etc. And if things break down on that front, we have no clue how to rectify it. Or maybe we don't care enough to????

line-in-the-sand.jpg

Lion in the sand???? We don't have the guyswilling to do that. When's the last time you saw us come out breathing fire? Those days are gone. All about systems, structures, execution etc. And if things break down on that front, we have no clue how to rectify it. Or maybe we don't care enough to????

Line in the sand means throwing all that out and start again because its not working

I thought it meant "If you cross this line I'm gonna rip your stupid ugly face off you campaigner. So go on. I dare ya!"

I'm with Arfur. That line needs to be the white one they cross before the game starts and they need to take the attitude I just mentioned with them.

After we got home from the hospital last nite I sat down and watched abit of the footy and there was a point where JZ just spudded stuff up really badly. I screamed at the telly and actually scared my little girls a bit.:oops:

"* JACK!!!!! JUST TACKLE THE campaigner!!!!!!!"

And to his credit he nailed the saints player immediately after. I'm only 1000 miles away from Docklands so its no surprise he heard me.

That moment he looked angry for the first time this year. He needs to bottle that and drink it every day till him and the rest of the bots step up.

That is the line in the sand we need to take with us.

After that we started taking the game on and actually played some great footy when the game was effectively over. Great enough to almost get us back in it.

No more structures and stuff just players taking it on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back