AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Luther.
River.
Unforgotton.
Happy valley.

River was Brilliant, Unforgotten is brilliant.
With Line of Fire, can any one tell me which season the cop got chucked down the stairwell.

I am not sure but I saw that a while back, I am not sure now if I've seen series four?

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Looks that way, I'd imagine both seasons one and two have aired before and the ABC are just getting some more mileage out of them.

Thanks , finally worked out what I was watching, found Line of Duty on Netflix.
I've been recording on foxtel this season number 3 , discovered as I went that I had seen some of this season before, a while back too. Found out I missed the start of 3 and somehow also missed the finishing episodes of 3. Got the lot at last.

Finished it today, this is indeed a brilliant production, brilliant.

After I finished the show on Netflix today the follow on program was number 4 , I realised I had seen this several months ago ,the whole series, I guess I get mixed up with the different channels that show these programs, any way no.4 was also just as excellent, I am craving number 5 season. And wondering when it comes to Netflix or foxtel.

One question though , last night after I found this on Netflix, when I was in the middle of the interview scene where Cotton was being an absolute bastard, stitching up Arnott , well the screen just stopped and Netflix said it cannot show this program at the moment and try later.

I am not that tech savvy asked my family member what was going on, he said can only be the internet must have blacked out , something like that.
Any way next morning, today that is , I got it back and finished it.

Does this sound weird or is this a thing that other people experience too.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I've seen the first 3 seasons and am gonna watch the final episode of season 4 at some point this weekend.

I have to say that I agree with you in as much as something with this high quality, has also amazed me that so few people have got onto it!

Via Netflix my son has just started season 1 ep 1. He is pretty into lots of movies ,TV, and an avid reader as well, like me he is a multiple watcher of all the Soprano seasons , I think him and I can recite lines from that brilliant piece of TV ART!

He watches everything, he hadn't known about this show , it was amazing to me.

But these things sneak up , and to think its been around for quite a while . WHERE IS 5 !!

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I really enjoyed Season 5, but maybe not quite as compelling as the first 4 seasons. That being said, it was a lot more audacious in its scope of the crimes that it was investigating some added layers that I won't specify for fear of being spoilers. And it's still my favourite show of this decade!

It only just aired on British TV earlier this year, so you can either use a VPN to watch it on the BBC website or look for some less reputable services. I'm not sure how long it took for Season 4 to get onto Stan, but it was within the year.

Just finished working my way through all 5 seasons... I began about 3 months ago, so left enough time between seasons to let them sink in.

As most have said, this is a brilliant series and right up there with the best of them imo.

Seasons 1, 2 & 4 are tough to split. I still liked season 5 a lot, so it's not that far behind. I just could have done without the Hastings accusation towards the end.

Season 3 may be the least effective for mine, as I thought The Caddy stuff was a tad nonsensical. Plus, what could have been one of the best characters in the entire series (Waldron) departed the scene way too early.

I'm nitpicking with the critiques though, as this is tremendous viewing and just flies by. Highly recommmended.

MC Bad Genius

Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Murder of the girlfriend.
Haha. Yup. One of my friends had strongly recommended it for quite some time and while I was enjoying it, that moment made me sit up in shock and know that it was getting real! When I rewatched it with my wife, she had the exact same reaction.

For what it's worth, season 1 is very good, but it's not until the second season when it becomes great. They just find their niche a lot more and the interrogation scenes become a lot more of the focus of the show.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
My rankings.
1. Season 3 - That finale wow.
2. Season 2 - Great writing, especially Lindsay Denton character.
3. Season 5 - Liked the Hastings innuendo that he could be bent. Setup the finale well.
4. Season 1 - Strong introduction to the series and characters.
5. Season 4 - I thought the storyline was weak and I didn’t like the Roz Huntley character. Also her losing her hand was a dumb subplot. Why wouldnt you just get it treated?

MC Bad Genius

Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
My rankings.
1. Season 3 - That finale wow.
2. Season 2 - Great writing, especially Lindsay Denton character.
3. Season 5 - Liked the Hastings innuendo that he could be bent. Setup the finale well.
4. Season 1 - Strong introduction to the series and characters.
5. Season 4 - I thought the storyline was weak and I didn’t like the Roz Huntley character. Also her losing her hand was a dumb subplot. Why wouldnt you just get it treated?
Yeah, I'd probably agree with this. Maybe swap seasons 5 and 1 around. I didn't actually dislike Season 4 and I felt Roz definitely had her reasons to keep everything on the DL, but it wasn't quite to the same level as the other seasons. The constant reference to "balaclava man" just seemed ridiculously silly.

Back