Line of Duty

Remove this Banner Ad

I paused it and stood on my head. It looked like Davidson.
Yeah because it's a relative of hers.

I just watched the scene again.
They compared the DNA found in the house against the whole system.

Steve: "As we know sir, there's only one credible explanation for Jo Davidson's DNA matching this individual -they're blood relatives"
Hastings: "Mother of God!"

Yeah because it's a relative of hers.

I just watched the scene again.
They compared the DNA found in the house against the whole system.

Steve: "As we know sir, there's only one credible explanation for Jo Davidson's DNA matching this individual -they're blood relatives"
Hastings: "Mother of God!"

Doesn't Steve refer to the relative as male?

I watched again and you're right.
Steve does say "he's identified over the page".
When Hastings looks he moves the paper and the identity I gather is text only, while the photo is Davidson.

I been rewatching the earlier seasons. In season one Ryan Pilkington was a kid who was working for a Scottish crime boss called Tommy Hunter. It could be him.

Could it be her Mother?

Is her Mother that Cop Boss that is shutting them down?

It was odd earlier in the season when she threw the glass of wine at the photo of her and her (Mum?) and then she says I have no family?
At the moment who knows? I've loved this series so far, Vicki/Kate is not in the cast list for the episode six synopsis which the internet has been losing it's mind over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the moment who knows? I've loved this series so far, Vicki/Kate is not in the cast list for the episode six synopsis which the internet has been losing it's mind over.

She's in the credits for ep 7. Hopefully not just as a bit part because it's her funeral or she's in a coma.

Hastings is H.

After all the evidence Arnott has compiled on Pilkington and Hastings shut him down on not bringing him in and charging him.
He is clearly perverting the course of justice.
Arnott found out about the cash given to Steph Corbett by Hastings. Its only a matter of time before Arnott discovers Hastings is H.
Then Hastings will use the drug test blackmail against Arnott to stop him revealing the truth and recruit him to OCG.

Hastings is H.

After all the evidence Arnott has compiled on Pilkington and Hastings shut him down on not bringing him in and charging him.
He is clearly perverting the course of justice.
Arnott found out about the cash given to Steph Corbett by Hastings. Its only a matter of time before Arnott discovers Hastings is H.
Then Hastings will use the drug test blackmail against Arnott to stop him revealing the truth and recruit him to OCG.

I reckon it's a classic LoD red herring.

Hastings has clearly given Steph Corbett 50 grand of dodgy money but if he's H why would he do that? I think he just feels bad that his actions led to John Corbett getting murdered and wants to help out Steph and the kids. At some point Arnott will decide to turn a blind eye to it.

Marcus Thurwell (James Nesbitt) could be H but it would be weird to introduce a major character in what could be the last few shows.

My money for H is on someone we've known for a while like...

I reckon it's a classic LoD red herring.

Hastings has clearly given Steph Corbett 50 grand of dodgy money but if he's H why would he do that? I think he just feels bad that his actions led to John Corbett getting murdered and wants to help out Steph and the kids. At some point Arnott will decide to turn a blind eye to it.

Marcus Thurwell (James Nesbitt) could be H but it would be weird to introduce a major character in what could be the last few shows.

My money for H is on someone we've known for a while like...
It does seem a little too "obvious" for Hastings to be H even with what Steve knows, so it's probably a misdirect.
Chief Constable Osborne still seem more likely.

Having such a well known actor play Thurwell suggests there may be some significant airtime for the character, but then again it could just be a cameo.
Oh and Carmichael, what an arrogant bitch!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back