Line of Duty

Remove this Banner Ad

It does seem a little too "obvious" for Hastings to be H even with what Steve knows, so it's probably a misdirect.
Chief Constable Osborne still seem more likely.

Having such a well known actor play Thurwell suggests there may be some significant airtime for the character, but then again it could just be a cameo.

I'm going with Osborne too. I reckon Mercurio might be trolling us with the James Nesbitt angle.

Here's a thing I've been wondering about. According to Steve, DCI Jo Davidson and Tommy Hunter have “runs of homozygosity”. Could Jo Davidson be the product of an incestuous relationship? Did Tommy Hunter rape his younger sister? It would fit in with the child abuse theme of the show and why Davidson is so mad at her family.

Oh and Carmichael, what an arrogant b*tch!

She's a brilliant character and really well acted. I reckon Anna Maxwell Martin would be perfect to replace Nicola Walker in Unforgotten.

I'm going with Osborne too. I reckon Mercurio might be trolling us with the James Nesbitt angle.

Here's a thing I've been wondering about. According to Steve, DCI Jo Davidson and Tommy Hunter have “runs of homozygosity”. Could Jo Davidson be the product of an incestuous relationship? Did Tommy Hunter rape his younger sister? It would fit in with the child abuse theme of the show and why Davidson is so mad at her family.
You're probably right on this:
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a36161313/line-of-duty-homozygosity-tommy-hunter-jo-davidson/

Is this 100% the last season?
And if yes how many more Eps left?

Two episodes left. And creator Jed Mercurio wants another series. Ratings in the UK will be huge.
I'm tipping the BBC will commission another series if the key cast are on board.

I knew one I herd last name pilkington 100% dodgy.

H ?

karl.jpg

It all adds up.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey! That was all very silly.

Why did Kate run off after shooting Ryan Pilkington in self defence? And run off with the woman who had lured her there to have her murrrrderred. We saw the second least convincing car chase in screen history.

The interview with Davidson went on a bit. Is that picture of your mum? No comment. Did your mum give birth to you? No comment. As Hastings said, "God, give me strength, it’s going to be a long day.” Luckily Steve chimed in with his runs of homozygosity and she crumbled.

The Marcus Thurwell story turned out to be Mercurio trolling us. No sooner had he been revealed to us he was found dead in a live raid on Bin Laden's hideout.

We are being led to believe that pantomime villain Carmichael is blocking the investigation into OCG links. So as per standard LoD misdirection it will turn out that she has nothing to do with OCG and H. Same as we saw for Police and Crime Commissioner Rohan Sindwhani. He had six seasons of looking shifty and blocking anti-corruption. Then he got a couple of lines that deleted all that.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey! That was all very silly.

Why did Kate run off after shooting Ryan Pilkington in self defence? And run off with the woman who had lured her there to have her murrrrderred. We saw the second least convincing car chase in screen history.
Agreed. Did they give Steve a different car just so that they could have a manual for those stupid internal shots of Kate pulling the handbrake and changing gears? 😂

Also, was it just me or was the sound and lighting all wrong during parts of that confrontation after the chase was over? It sounded like it was inside, and they overdid the artificial lighting imo

We are being led to believe that pantomime villain Carmichael is blocking the investigation into OCG links. So as per standard LoD misdirection it will turn out that she has nothing to do with OCG and H.
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to how they try and get us to like her by playing the "she was just doing her job" card, which I think the "I am pragmatic" line was setting up.

I'm not sure how you can justify not continuing to ask Jo Davidson questions when she was willing to answer at least some of them considering what has happened to previous people under the influence of the OCG when they've been willing to talk (like Jimmy Lakewell and Tommy Hunter)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final ep just aired here. Social media all over it apparently, I haven't looked. I'm sure you'll want to avoid spoilers; I'll look in later.

Final ep just aired here. Social media all over it apparently, I haven't looked. I'm sure you'll want to avoid spoilers; I'll look in later.

I have avoided enough to know what happens in the final ep, but apparently its a very underwhelming finish :(

I have avoided enough to know what happens in the final ep, but apparently its a very underwhelming finish :(

It had its good and bad points.

The scene where Jo Davidson's prison van was intercepted was well done. As was the scene where the mystery 4th man was brought in for interview. I liked the way the 50 grand to Steph was handled - Steve and Kate confronting the gaffer then Ted confessing to Carmichael.

It was underwhelming that the dumbass Ian Buckells turned out to be the 4th man rather than a higher criminal mastermind. I suppose we should have guessed. He was shown holding a golf club earlier in the series. In LoD, golf = OCG. But there's still the possibility that Chief Constable Osborne is the kingpin and Carmichael is pulling the strings. There must still be a bent copper around as the Production Order for Jo Davidson's excursion was falsely stated to be authorised by Kate Fleming.

It sounds like there will be another series. Possibly one episode long where Chloe 'looks into some old records' and solves all police corruption in the UK.

It had its good and bad points.

The scene where Jo Davidson's prison van was intercepted was well done. As was the scene where the mystery 4th man was brought in for interview. I liked the way the 50 grand to Steph was handled - Steve and Kate confronting the gaffer then Ted confessing to Carmichael.

It was underwhelming that the dumbass Ian Buckells turned out to be the 4th man rather than a higher criminal mastermind. I suppose we should have guessed. He was shown holding a golf club earlier in the series. In LoD, golf = OCG. But there's still the possibility that Chief Constable Osborne is the kingpin and Carmichael is pulling the strings. There must still be a bent copper around as the Production Order for Jo Davidson's excursion was falsely stated to be authorised by Kate Fleming.

It sounds like there will be another series. Possibly one episode long where Chloe 'looks into some old records' and solves all police corruption in the UK.
Pretty much agree with all that.
Jed Mercurio has lost his touch if he thinks that was a good reveal/finale.
An extra series may make up for it.

Really s**t finale. Very lazy writing.
The way AC-12 identified Buckells as the 4th man by doing a search of police files of how definately is spelt. What did you forget to do this before when it was first identified in the Corbett season? Oh and the IT team couldn't trace the computer link to get an IP addresss in the Corbett season but it can now? Bullshit.

Why is Jo Davidson given witness protection when she said nothing in her testimony? She clearly perverted the course of justice with her actions and chose not to co-operate when interviewed. So the OCG make an attempt on her life and she somehow get exonerated for her crimes. WTF?

Steve ignoring drug testers as a plot point for the season for that shitty payoff whereby no action is taken. Complete waste of time.

Also didnt like Carmichael at the end saying and doing nothing for the episode. She takes control of AC-12 and is headstrong on wanting to be briefed on AC-12 investigations. So when they have compile evidence to solve the Vella murder, identified of Buckells as corrupt she's somehow not involved at all? Even if it was Ted briefing her on what is going on. And Ted's confession of leaking info she goes all mute. Not even an acknowledgement of the good work Hastings and his team did.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back