Line of Duty

Remove this Banner Ad

It sounds like there will be another series. Possibly one episode long where Chloe 'looks into some old records' and solves all police corruption in the UK.
I laughed at this and it is so true of the lazy writing of the series. If there is another series, they should promote Chloe as the new head of AC-12. Arnott and Fleming need to be working for her, not the other way around given how brilliant she is.

I saw the ending as a bit of a parable, all over the woirld we're being lead by corrupt fools like Buckells who've spent most of their career falling upwards.

Or maybe Mercurio was having a crack at the real British police force. The executives care more about their career and pubic relations than tackling this kind of corruption.

Interesting to see the actress who played Chloe spent her teenage years growing up in the northern suburbs of Perth (Mullaloo).

I don't buy it. Mercurio says Chief Constable Osborne wouldn't have been a satisfying candidate for the fourth man because he’d been absent for so long. Well it was Mercurio wrote it with Osborne not much involved! He could have written Osborne into season 6 and previous seasons rather than opt for the unsatisfying outcome that there was no high level kingpin and the idiot Buckells was pulling the strings.

Assuming you mean the entire series, then yes. Seasons 2,3 & 4 are up there with some of the best seasons of TV out there
finished the first season and thought it was good, definitely will continue and hope it gets better as you say

My wife and I had a chat mid season, and we decided that the only way the finale could have not been underwhelming is if the fourth man had been one of the central trio.

All the other characters either didn’t have a consistent presence, were telegraphed too clearly as people we weren’t supposed to like, or just otherwise didn’t seem plausible.

If they continue I’m not sure we’ll watch. It feels a bit like they’ve burnt through their bag of tricks, and I’m not sure I want to see it go downhill.

As for not continuing to watch, you are forgetting the comedy aspect! :D But some would say there have been far too many nods and winks already. If the message of the last season is, that's how it is in real life, the real top guys never get nailed, then why would the viewer expect it to be any different in a subsequent season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished season 6.

Buckell, really? Like yeah possibly, but I just don’t buy it. Are they honestly trying to claim it was him all along? Not so sure. His final interrogation was really underwhelming given the show lives by these scenes.

Maybe Buckell’s is smarter than we all thought, but basically he’s just doing what people tell him to do, not really hugely convincing fourth man.

Just finished season 6.

Buckell, really? Like yeah possibly, but I just don’t buy it. Are they honestly trying to claim it was him all along? Not so sure. His final interrogation was really underwhelming given the show lives by these scenes.

Maybe Buckell’s is smarter than we all thought, but basically he’s just doing what people tell him to do, not really hugely convincing fourth man.

I think a week later it was a wee too unconvincing and wouldn’t be surprised to see it flipped if wee go to another season

Just finished season 6.

I was expecting a Verbal Kint/Keyser Soze type scenario with either Buckells or Fairbank. But no, they are both as dumb as they appear.

Finished season 3 last night and thought it was sensational, edge of your seat drama, great writing and acting all around. so glad i started watching, i know it will probably fall away as others have said but overall its a great watch, i bloody love scenes under caution

Finished season 3 last night and thought it was sensational, edge of your seat drama, great writing and acting all around. so glad i started watching, i know it will probably fall away as others have said but overall its a great watch, i bloody love scenes under caution
One of the GOAT seasons of television.

I was doing these ones

Seasons 4-6 are still very good, to me S1 is the underrated one. I felt really sorry for Gates, the scene at the end where he tells Steve he isn’t bent actually brings tears to my eyes.

I’m currently rewatching (again) and just finished S2. This show is every bit as good on a rewatch.

finished S6 and yeah was the worst of the lot but still worth a watch, glad i watched it all tbh, S 2-4 were brilliant, now i need a new series....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back