Game Day Lion Hunting

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough, I hadn't quite researched Tabs stats, mainly just shooting from the hip at work after remembering Tabs injuries.

Hipwood's good but he isn't exactly amazing. The criticism is more from the subjective observation that he isn't filling out and hasn't really come into his own to look like ripping a game apart as of yet. He also lacks help in this area due to McStay looking decidedly average at best as the 2nd KPF. What he does do we is contest: and that's where Cameron (and Neale when he rests forward) comes into his own as one of, if not the best small forward in the game.

Ultimately the criticism of Hipwood comes from the hype which was always going to be unfair to him. Unfortunately, the hype hasn't subsided due to the fans and the rise up the ladder hence the disproportionate criticism. Make no mistake if he even fills out and improves even 20% on where he is now he'll be the next star FF of the league.

I agree Hipwood is not the cream when it comes to Key forwards; however I was intepreting the original discussion what was being said in terms of whether he was a good enough piece to be a premiership KP forward and questioning the relativity of that - maybe I just got sucked into all the Matt Taberner hype but gut feel says that Hipwood is good enough and uninjured enough to appear as a key forward in a Lions premiership team.

Anyway - I have come down sick today so probably snot much is working upstairs for me atm.....

18 a piece
For what it’s worth I went and rolled the tape over the centre bounces until Darcy got injured to see if I was being overly critical during the game.
There were 19 bounces
3 contested by Lobb won by Lobb
1 free for Darcy
1 free for MacInerny
1 Draw
3 won Darcy
10 won MacInerny

His tap work around the ground is ok but he doesn’t give much in the centre bounce or as a marking target and gets out jumped by the more athletic rucks imo. I hope he turns this around but I think it’s a few years off if he does.

For what it’s worth I went and rolled the tape over the centre bounces until Darcy got injured to see if I was being overly critical during the game.
There were 19 bounces
3 contested by Lobb won by Lobb
1 free for Darcy
1 free for MacInerny
1 Draw
3 won Darcy
10 won MacInerny

His tap work around the ground is ok but he doesn’t give much in the centre bounce or as a marking target and gets out jumped by the more athletic rucks imo. I hope he turns this around but I think it’s a few years off if he does.
That implies that after Darcy was injured Lobb win 12 to 8?

I know it was for a short period of time but Bewley has been impressing me. I reckon that guy deserves a spot in the team.

My Foxtel recording ripped me off the last 5 minutes. Up till then MacInerny won 2, Lobb 1 and one draw of the four centre bounces after Darcy was injured

Remove this Banner Ad

Back