Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And also it gives us that backstop if the pace of finals catches some unawares.

Yeah, plus.. I feel like being the hunter (with nothing to lose in that first week) knowing we have a second chance, would be a perfect scenario for us to come out an upset someone on the road if we finish 3-4. I'd feel pretty confident about the pschology of our Boys going into that game.

Us going into a game agains the Crows or the Bombers at home, where the shoe is on the other foot.. where we are the hunted and they get a free swing, would be the sort of situation that heaps the pressure on us, I would be very nervous going into that game.

A free-swing is the sort of thing we would relish right now.

There are a few possible scenarios where Richmond might go into our round 23 matchup knowing a win will get them third and an away trip to Perth, and a loss will get them fourth and an MCG game against the Cats.

I really think the AFL stuffed up putting that game on the Sunday.

I think we'll finish top 2 with Eagles. Geelong to drop next 2 and we'll play Richmond in round 23 knowing we got the second spot covered already. Exciting times !!

We WILL win this Saturday, it'll all come down to the Cats game as to whether we finish top 4 or even top 2, will be 30,000+ there for that game, I'm looking forward to it already.

If we go in over confident and lose to the Scum we don't deserve a top 4 finish.

There are a few possible scenarios where Richmond might go into our round 23 matchup knowing a win will get them third and an away trip to Perth, and a loss will get them fourth and an MCG game against the Cats.

If the AFL has a modicum if integrity and weren’t constantly driven by money, all games in round 23 would be scheduled at the same time as all professional football leagues do around the world.

I reckon we'll come in significantly from $1.80 before the Cats game.
The Cats have a tough game this weekend as well v the Kangaroos, would not be surprised to see them drop that game although it is at the Cattery.

We could even end up playing the Cats at the Gabba in a qualifying final.:D

The Cats have a tough game this weekend as well v the Kangaroos, would not be surprised to see them drop that game although it is at the Cattery.

We could even end up playing the Cats at the Gabba in a qualifying final.:D

I wouldn't be surprised if the Roos won either, but it's forecast to be a cold wet weekend and I reckon that helps the Cats quite a bit.

That's definitely our dream scenario. To towel up the Suns, beat the Cats, get near enough to the Tigers to stay ahead of them and West Coast, and have Geelong drop one more game to fall to fourth.

Another pretty good outcome for us would be to finish fourth with the Cats staying on top.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Roos won either, but it's forecast to be a cold wet weekend and I reckon that helps the Cats quite a bit.

That's definitely our dream scenario. To towel up the Suns, beat the Cats, get near enough to the Tigers to stay ahead of them and West Coast, and have Geelong drop one more game to fall to fourth.

Another pretty good outcome for us would be to finish fourth with the Cats staying on top.

I want us to beat Richmond in Round 23 just to drive these so called footy experts nuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that would be ideal. Beat both Gold Coast and Geelong, and a narrow loss to Richmond proving that we are genuine contender.

We will learn from the mistakes in that game and beat then in finals. So much is being made of the fact we havent played finals together and will collapse on the big stage. I'd love to prove them wrong.

I'm not sure how well the Roos get up and going against the Cats without the brother coaches rivalry. But I hope there's still something there that leaves them physically beating up on the Cats but the Cats getting a close win. I want them to be physically and emotionally drained when they play us.

That or the Roos absolutely blow them out of the water and destroy their percentage and we do the same a week later.

I'm not sure how well the Roos get up and going against the Cats without the brother coaches rivalry. But I hope there's still something there that leaves them physically beating up on the Cats but the Cats getting a close win. I want them to be physically and emotionally drained when they play us.

That or the Roos absolutely blow them out of the water and destroy their percentage and we do the same a week later.
"In a stunning move the Cats have just hired Heath Shaw as head coach."

This winning feeling is very strange. I look at all the teams worrying about results going their way to make the eight. It could easily have been us. What a luxury knowing you are in no matter what. I'm trying not to stress over where we finish and just enjoy the ride.

Yeah - we went from don’t get spoon,straight to we could win this and missed all the angst normally associated with mid table positions.

Ain’t life grand.

Yeah - we went from don’t get spoon,straight to we could win this and missed all the angst normally associated with mid table positions.

Ain’t life grand.
There's always next year.

There's always next year.

The brilliant fagan and his team are surely capable of working how to stay at the top once we are there. Our recruiting staff are magically picking up those who have slipped through one way or another and have the exact skills we need and polishing them.

And no matter what happens this year we need to be in next years gf so I can go.

Everyone get on North this weekend.
If Geelong drop the next 2 & Richmond win the next 2 (or 3), we’re a good chance for minor premiers - but a lock for top 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back