Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides
Actually no. Swanny said on the road deal that the stadium comes clean and that they've been helping the AFL by working to sell all the corporate boxes which the lions actually get a cut of as opposed to regular tickets. The Gabba themselves don't actually sell full year boxes and the lions corporate packages don't include finals (although you do get first right to purchase your box for finals)

That's interesting Fatcat... I took the information off the Gabba corporate boxes web site and presumed it was the same as Vic clubs at marvel and the G..

EVENT DAY BOOKINGS

On event days, corporate suites and corporate boxes are controlled by the club/venue hirer. To hire a corporate suite or box for an event, please contact the club/venue hirer directly:

1200px-Brisbane_Lions_logo_2010-svg.png BRISBANE LIONS
Phone: 07 3335 1777
Email: sales@lions.com.au

CRICKET AUSTRALIA
Phone: 07 3199 9332
Email: lachlan.begg@cricket.com.au

Brisbane_heat-(1).png BRISBANE HEAT
Phone: 07 3292 3181
Email: vip@brisbaneheat.com.au

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I haven't been able to read all of Hammo's series this week about our road back to finals and obviously you have to take things with a grain of salt, but there are some interesting bits in hte latest one on Rocky:

The departure of the former captain was another pivotal moment for Brisbane.

Rockliff had plenty of admirers because of the way he fought on the field each weekend but it was never a harmonious playing group during under his leadership and many felt picked on by the skipper.

Tempers can flare at footy clubs but it is unusual for a captain to twice have teammates trying to go the biff, which happened with both Ryan Harwood and Rhys Mathieson.

It was no surprise that the immediate increase in confidence among individuals and positivity that followed Fagan’s arrival led to Rockliff narrowly losing the captaincy in a player vote ahead of the 2017 season.

Brisbane didn’t push Rockliff out the door at the end of that season. But the fact they made what the gun midfielder considered a lowball offer and never once considered upping it, speaks volumes.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Reckon Matho could handle himself.

I will be genuinely sorry if Matho is pushed out/ requests a trade at the end of this season.

Heart and soul player in the mould of MRobbo.

He may not be best 22 right now but he's easily best 25 and the type of bull you call on when a midfielder goes down due to either injury or form loss.

Our medicos may be great but it also takes a slice of good fortune to have the (non) injury run we've had this season..

We're going to have to be very careful and considered about who we "let go" during the delisting/trade period. I'd like to see us retain as much midfield depth as practicable.

I like to think Matho has proved himself time over again in the NEAFL this year, and has justification to get back into the seniors. Oh and he gets on the nerves of opposition supporters just perfectly. Genuinely want to see him stay with us.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox

Our S&C and medicos / physio's etc are seriously impressive.

Had the pleasure of chatting to Selwyn Griffiths after a presentation he did a couple of weeks and he is very knowledgeable man which I'll post more about somewhere else when I have the time and as Fagan said, none of our "luck" is by accident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jimbler

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You can _ _ _ _ right off.

20190906_074024.jpg

You can _ _ _ _ right off.

View attachment 741100

Rudd looked stupid when he did it, though at least there were a few attesting he'd attended prior games as a casual bandwagoner without making a deal of it.

I'm not convinced Dutton has even seen an AFL ball.

Crimso

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2002
Maleny
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Rudd looked stupid when he did it, though at least there were a few attesting he'd attended prior games as a casual bandwagoner without making a deal of it.

Maybe not, but his brain & the contents of a football would have very little difference.

He is much more familiar with cans of dog food than any sportsball from what I hear.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

The Gabba was also in Rudd's electorate I guess.

On the whole I could do without politicians of any persuasion donning scarfs/faking support. My least favourite example of it is Labor MP Tim Watts, who used to be a Bears fan but became a very vocal Dogs fan on twitter in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back