Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
You can hardly blame any of our senior guys that have hardly got a look in this year to leave given the amount of favourites that continuously got games this year despite putrid form.

If they do, you’d hope we have another charmed run with injuries next year because we’ll only have kids to fill the void.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox

Bit of talk about how much of a liability Marcus Adams is down back and I don't disagree with their astute assessment; plain for all to see the past fortnight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 31, 2011
Bris
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am a fan of McStay and want him in the team.

But my god he needs to sort out his goal kicking over the off season. In finals a key forward who is mainly in the team thanks to his marking skills and then is a 2/10 set shot kicker just puts so much pressure on the rest of the forwards to A: kick straight and B: kick extra goals to cover his misses.

He should have kicked that goal in the 2nd quarter. But sadly currently I was more surprised that he slotted the first quarter set shot goal then when he missed the 2nd quarter set shot.

Last edited:

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
After seeing the Greene trash it made me think of how much I've liked Zorko taking some of his unnecessary aggro stuff out of his game lately (unless i've missed anything) He was making strong hard tackles, but not grinding their heads into ground, rater giving them a rub on the head . Good on him for being a better mentor to the younger players and captain.

Now hopefully Hippy can get that barging into guys who've given away a free kick out of his game :p After that fiery roasting Fages gave him on the bench maybe he will get the message :D

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Not sure if its been reported anywhere, but Greg Swann, whose contract was due to expire in December, has re-signed for a further 12 months, whilst David Noble has extended his contract for a further three years.

My guess is that Noble will replace Swann at some stage, be it in 12 months or beyond.

Not sure if its been reported anywhere, but Greg Swann, whose contract was due to expire in December, has re-signed for a further 12 months, whilst David Noble has extended his contract for a further three years.

My guess is that Noble will replace Swann at some stage, be it in 12 months or beyond.

The stability off the field is fantastic and certainly must be helping us on the field as well. Long way from the Holmes era now.

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

But my god he needs to sort out his goal kicking over the off season. In finals a key forward who is mainly in the team thanks to his marking skills and then is a 2/10 set shot kicker just puts so much pressure on the rest of the forwards to A: kick straight and B: kick extra goals to cover his misses.

He should have kicked that goal in the 2nd quarter. But sadly currently I was more surprised that he slotted the first quarter set shot goal then when he missed the 2nd quarter set shot.

He’s definitely improved his contested marking this year. He’s on a positive trajectory and will most likely make a step change next year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him around the 40 goal mark in 12 months time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He’s definitely improved his contested marking this year. He’s on a positive trajectory and will most likely make a step change next year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him around the 40 goal mark in 12 months time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That is what a lot said for this year, he was ready for a breakout, and to some extent he has had a breakout year but not In the goal kicking column.
I was expecting him to be kicking around the 40 mark this year and Hippy closer to 50 and that was in a team I was expecting to finish just outside the 8 with 10-11 wins. And who would have thought we finished 2nd with the highest scoring team throughout the home and away?
The team as a whole has done something right. But we do need to be able to take more marks inside forward 50.

zorkoooooooooo

Senior List
Oct 16, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Central Districts
I’m sure this question has been asked a thousand times before, but can anyone recommend a good pub to watch lions games at in Melbourne? Fairly new here. Live in Brunswick but happy to travel. I discovered the Napier by chance recently and had my mind blown with all the Fitzroy stuff. But only saw one little tv so unsure...saw that the royal derby is the official place to go, is it any good?

🙏

Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I’m sure this question has been asked a thousand times before, but can anyone recommend a good pub to watch lions games at in Melbourne? Fairly new here. Live in Brunswick but happy to travel. I discovered the Napier by chance recently and had my mind blown with all the Fitzroy stuff. But only saw one little tv so unsure...saw that the royal derby is the official place to go, is it any good?

🙏
I went to the Empress Hotel on Nicholson street for Saturday and there were lots of screens, and the Lions supporters outnumbers the Richmond supporters. Not bad food. It was pretty packed though so I was glad I booked a table near a screen.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions

I've done this until I've gone blue in the face but here I go again.

Dan has kicked 73.45 over his career. (61.86%) That's better accuracy than anyone on our list bar Charlie.

This season 20.16 (55.55%)

I readily concede that he's missed some sitters and other relatively easy shots this season. But so have all of our other "goalkickers". As I said somewhere earlier, McStay kicked ONE behind on Saturday night (together with one goal), NOT all 17 of them.

When he misses, he often misses badly and that, together with an element of groupthink, I believe fuels this perception that he's more likely to miss than goal.

Stastically, it's just not true.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back