Notables in possibles

Robertson was good
Cutler did some good things
Ely smith played mainly mid and got a bit of it
Archie did win a few taps but big o killed him around the ground
Stef in possibles
I think skinner played but looked well short of a run
Cox did some good things

Keays was the other player in the probables.

Clugs mainly off a wing

Neale just keeps finding the footy, rarely caught

Really excited about McCluggage and Berry this year. They have already demonstrated that they can play at a very high level in the AFL and I think they're ready to explode and play some quality footy week in week out in season 2019. If this comes to fruition a fully fit and firing midfield core of Zorko, Neale, McCluggage and Berry is going to tear some sides to shreds I reckon. Neale as the main extractor winning the contested footy, Berry winning the clearances at the coal face and then spreading from the contest and then Zorko adding the pace and McCluggage adding the class on the outside with both capable of winning their own footy and kicking goals. All four are genuine inside/outside mids capable of kicking multiple goals in a match. I think we'll see these four tear some teams to shreds at stages this year. As a collective group if they all hit they straps together they'll be unstoppable at times. All four are A grade talents and as a cohesive unit compliment each other quite well imo.

McCarthy playing midfield minutes? Doing well? He's a great talent.
Yes played a bit of midfield and fwd, had some very good touches. Looks a very classy player.

Neale looks very good right off the bat. Zorko also looking very fit and appears to have trimmed down.

Really excited about McCluggage and Berry this year. They have already demonstrated that they can play at a very high level in the AFL and I think they're ready to explode and play some quality footy week in week out in season 2019. If this comes to fruition a fully fit and firing midfield core of Zorko, Neale, McCluggage and Berry is going to tear some sides to shreds I reckon. Neale as the main extractor winning the contested footy, Berry winning the clearances at the coal face and then spreading from the contest and then Zorko adding the pace and McCluggage adding the class on the outside with both capable of winning their own footy and kicking goals. All four are genuine inside/outside mids capable of kicking multiple goals in a match. I think we'll see these four tear some teams to shreds at stages this year. As a collective group if they all hit they straps together they'll be unstoppable at times. All four are A grade talents and as a cohesive unit compliment each other quite well imo.
I think you need to add Lyons to that mix he did get some nice extractions but i can see the knock on his spread from the contest. Berry seemed to be a lot more outside and a fair bit fwd and did a good job

I think you need to add Lyons to that mix he did get some nice extractions but i can see the knock on his spread from the contest. Berry seemed to be a lot more outside and a fair bit fwd and did a good job
Not the A grade level talent that the other 4 are but yep, he'll be an important cog in the midfield this year. His main strength is an area of need for us.

I started putting my supercoach team together yesterday and when I did the initial scroll through to fill spots I unintentionally picked half a Brisbane lions team, there is just so many of the boys on the cusp of becoming genuine class footballers, they all seemed such great value! Really cannot wait for the footy to start!

We even bat that deep now I forgot about Lyons. So much to look forward to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm starting to get the impression they might see Zorko having a more 'Dusty 2018' year this year. Less touches, less midfield but ideally more match influencing forward moments.

If you want to play Corey Lyons in the only position he's very good at - coal face - while also increasing the influence of Berry, McCluggage and Rayner, someone has to get less minutes in the middle.

I started putting my supercoach team together yesterday and when I did the initial scroll through to fill spots I unintentionally picked half a Brisbane lions team, there is just so many of the boys on the cusp of becoming genuine class footballers, they all seemed such great value! Really cannot wait for the footy to start!

We even bat that deep now I forgot about Lyons. So much to look forward to

Predicting Berry to Pull Oliver numbers this year

Predicting Berry to Pull Oliver numbers this year

Why would you do this to me? I settled on Hugh after mulling over Witho, Cameron, Rayner, Berry and Big O for hours. Neale is a lock, was nearly a decision of who benefits most from Neale's and Lyons inclusion.

I'm starting to get the impression they might see Zorko having a more 'Dusty 2018' year this year. Less touches, less midfield but ideally more match influencing forward moments.

If you want to play Corey Lyons in the only position he's very good at - coal face - while also increasing the influence of Berry, McCluggage and Rayner, someone has to get less minutes in the middle.
Jarryd...

Why would you do this to me? I settled on Hugh after mulling over Witho, Cameron, Rayner, Berry and Big O for hours. Neale is a lock, was nearly a decision of who benefits most from Neale's and Lyons inclusion.

sorry for going off topic but I have Neale as far from a lock. I think at best he's similar output to last year given our differences in playing style and personnel

I think Zorks pkays fwd mainly or off a wing. He is noticably slimmer this year

I think Zorks pkays fwd mainly or off a wing. He is noticably slimmer this year
I think that is where he is at his best,
Running and bouncing down a wing and then hitting the leading forward lace out. And kicking 1.5 goals a game.
I have never really seen him as an inside player, but had to be played there a bit more than even he would like, due to necessity. Hopefully now we will have a few more that can rotate through there allowing him more time outside, where he is at his best. IMO.

Anyone have an idea where we are playing our practice match against suns in a couple of weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back