Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope - don't think it's likely as coach but can see them trying to get him so he can recreate the changes he has made at our club. I'm confident he'll want to see success here reap the feel good feelings that are building.
Why wouldn’t he want to stay?

Confusing why Alistair Lynch would be proactively pushing the get Noble to Carlton barrel.

He didn't push - said he hoped it wouldn't happen but that Carlton need to look everywhere, including out of the box appointments. Or that's what I heard.

I posted earlier today that Gerard Healy and Gary Lyon were sprooking the same thing re Noble on The Couch last night.

The drums are beating.

It's all a beat up by Fox Footy. He hasn't finished the job here, nor yet reaped the reward. He came here because he saw the potential. Not sure he would view Carlton in the same light.

I'd be very surprised if Noble was interested. He sees himself as a future club CEO not a coach.

I think he's Swanny's heir apparent.

It would also be an odd appointment that contradicts Carlton's messaging about the foundations being laid and their need for a coach who can take them to the next level on field.

Noble seems more like a foundation/fundamentals/processes guy rather than a coaching mastermind. Unless he has been totally inspired by what Fages has done.

I'd be very surprised if Noble was interested. He sees himself as a future club CEO not a coach.

It would also be an odd appointment that contradicts Carlton's messaging about the foundations being laid and their need for a coach who can take them to the next level on field.

Noble seems more like a foundation/fundamentals/processes guy rather than a coaching mastermind. Unless he has been totally inspired by what Fages has done.

Not sure crazy SOSsy or Brad Lloyd could handle Noble in the coaching role either - can't see him saying nothing and accepting their approach to list management. Its also too smart a move for Carlton to actually consider fully, they'll do their usual and pick a big name out of a hat and hope it magically fixes everything.

It would also be an odd appointment that contradicts Carlton's messaging about the foundations being laid and they need a coach who can take them to the next level on field.

Noble seems more like a foundation/fundamentals/processes guy rather than a coaching mastermind.
It's a beat up of course. We have something building here but the job is unfinished and the rewards yet to be enjoyed. Hard to fathom why he would want to leave us now, for that. And whether Swanny has hair apparent is irrelevant.

The only reason he'd want to do it is if he wanted to live in Melbourne for some reason which is unlikely

Everyone poached our decent young players ,why not start on the admin as well.

Nothing better than seeing Carlton fall off a cliff ,they still have the born to rule mentality they had when they were a successful club. Now they're just a bunch of bird droppings who flit from one silly decision to another but they're too arrogant to realise it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance Bolts reunites with Fages? Was a great assistant coach at Hawthorn. He seems pretty keen to continue coaching at some level.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
A few have mentioned that idea on here today, personally I'd take him in a heartbeat.

His last words at the sacking presser were I love coaching so no doubt he will be working somewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if Noble and/or Swan have had a brief chat/text message with him already.

A few have mentioned that idea on here today, personally I'd take him in a heartbeat.

His last words at the sacking presser were I love coaching so no doubt he will be working somewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if Noble and/or Swan have had a brief chat/text message with him already.
It's a great idea.

Nothing better than someone who has coached at the highest level for 4 years and really has a point to prove.

I can't see why Noble would take the Carlton coaching job that unless he really a deep desire to be a senior coach. Agree with others that seems like he was building towards our next CEO, seems the natural progression and a fitting reward for him in the role he's played in our club's resurgence. Right now being the Carlton senior coach has to be the least appealing job in football.

The last guy has been booted out and had all the failure of the last few years laid on him, they've announced they expected to be doing much better so presumably any coach they bring in will have the pressure to perform, and perhaps take the current list to finals and quickly. Not to mention all the media scrutiny that comes with being head of Carlton or that the current list is the best you're gonna have for the next 18 months because they struggle to attract decent trade or FA targets and the football department traded away the commodities they'd have this year to bring in guns at the draft or possibly in a trade.

I wouldn't go near that job with a forty foot clown pole, particularly if I was in Noble's position.

Simon Black supposedly away filming the Surviver/Celebrity (or whatever it's called) show...

...dumbfounded if true! Would be the last of our players I would think of to do a show like that.

Further to this it was just said on 360 that he was a unanimous inclusion into the AFL Hall of Fame, but his nom was deferred by a year due to the filming commitments.

I take it this means he won't be part of our hall of fame this week either.

Carlton has major heat on , not a chance they will go with an unproven coach , noble going nowhere !

Bolton welcome in the den ! Sure we can find a job for him

Has Noble even done that Level Four coaching acreditation thing (and been an assistant coach or lower level head coach somewhere)?

Was assistant coach at Adelaide and the Dogs, head coach at Glenelg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back