Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he know we have a guy wearing the #26 that fits the bill already. Noble and Fagan should probably go introduce themselves to him because we have that exact player at the club already.

I think Noble was talking about the AFL team not the NEAFL team.

Understandably confusing though.

Does he know we have a guy wearing the #26 that fits the bill already. Noble and Fagan should probably go introduce themselves to him because we have that exact player at the club already.
Obviously our coaching panel don't think Tom Cutler is of the required standard, hopefully the other 17 clubs value him as highly as you D12 and we clean up at the trade table with Tom.

Tom Cutler for Darcy Parish- Done deal.

Tom Cutler for Darcy Parish- Done deal.

I'd be physically sick if we wound up with Darcy Parish; surely we don't need anymore D grade players joining our club.

We're insane if we piss Cutler off and if so, those decision makers should go too.

If we are talking trade value of Cutler, it'd have to be at least two first rounders or more than what we got for Beams.

If we are talking trade value of Cutler, it'd have to be at least two first rounders or more than what we got for Beams.

Completely agree with this. Fagan will probably give Cutler away for a second rounder though. Absolute madman

I'd be physically sick if we wound up with Darcy Parish; surely we don't need anymore D grade players joining our club.

We're insane if we piss Cutler off and if so, those decision makers should go too.

Hypothetical Dylan - if we paid two first rounders for an inconsistent reserves player who had shown only really glimpses of being a good senior player from another club, would you be on board with that?

I wonder with Cutler if it is just Fages or Hanh not being Butler fans and the others not wanting to rock the boat?

Hypothetical Dylan - if we paid two first rounders for an inconsistent reserves player who had shown only really glimpses of being a good senior player from another club, would you be on board with that?
No I wouldn't; but I disagree that Tom is (a) inconsistent and has only shown glimpses; and (b) should be a reserves player. If Tom had been given half the opportunities than so many others, I have no doubt it would be clear to all that he is one of our best players on the list.

As I have said many times, I think there is a stubbornness with respect to some players on the list, Tom being one, where clear double standards apply that certain standards apply to some, but not others. Clearly I have no idea why.

I have no doubt that if we throw Tom out of the club, he will end up doing more than what Jack Crisp is doing at Collingwood; another player that it was perfectly evident he would turn into the player he's now become. I must be blind, because, I can't name one single player on our list that can break lines as Cutler can (exception being Rich, although he is no wingman) and offers what Tom and yet apparently, we don't need someone like that.:rolleyes:

Hell, if Tom played exclusively forward, he would offer more than anyone that has played forward all year.

Nice trolling bit it's becoming a little bit too obvious now

No I wouldn't; but I disagree that Tom is (a) inconsistent and has only shown glimpses; and (b) should be a reserves player. If Tom had been given half the opportunities than so many others, I have no doubt it would be clear to all that he is one of our best players on the list.

To actually engage with this - I agree that Cuts has at times played in a way that suggests he'd be a great asset for the club. For a long time I have probably thought he would be the pick of the 2013 draftees and by some margin. But the fact he hasn't made the best 22 the past two years in round 1 alongside rumours of a poor attitude/work ethic have me concerned that maybe he doesn't really have the application required to make it at senior level.

Considering Fages was a part of the Hawthorn system that persisted with Isaac Smith in the senior team even while similar rumours followed him off field, I can't buy the logic that he wouldn't know how to handle the Cuts situation. I feel like the only logical assumption - especially when Fages has proven himself as probably the best talent development coach we've had since the merger - is that there must be severe deficiencies in what Cutler is currently offering and things that I'm missing as a fan. I'm not entirely sure what those are, but I am sure that I'd back Chris Fagan in to have a fair idea what he's doing on this front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To actually engage with this - I agree that Cuts has at times played in a way that suggests he'd be a great asset for the club. For a long time I have probably thought he would be the pick of the 2013 draftees and by some margin. But the fact he hasn't made the best 22 the past two years in round 1 alongside rumours of a poor attitude/work ethic have me concerned that maybe he doesn't really have the application required to make it at senior level.

Considering Fages was a part of the Hawthorn system that persisted with Isaac Smith in the senior team even while similar rumours followed him off field, I can't buy the logic that he wouldn't know how to handle the Cuts situation. I feel like the only logical assumption - especially when Fages has proven himself as probably the best talent development coach we've had since the merger - is that there must be severe deficiencies in what Cutler is currently offering and things that I'm missing as a fan. I'm not entirely sure what those are, but I am sure that I'd back Chris Fagan in to have a fair idea what he's doing on this front.

I'm not quite sure if it is a Fages/Cutler thing.
It seems to be something that all teams are pursuing, that is manic pressure or multiple players at the ball.
imo that's the compromise we have , some players don't get this or are not capable , they have other qualities.
So they don't get a run, giving lower skilled running types the gig or tackling masters.
but it has made the game bland, or messy.
It's only a theory that this could be part of why he is ignored, possibly one of the reasons.
You could put goal kickers in the same boat.
If the interchange was carved back to say 16 you might see a player like Cutler becoming an asset with his kicking skills and not a liability.
Again imo.
And what I'd also do is let the runners back on considering there will be less players running off and on to deliver messages.

As I have said many times, I think there is a stubbornness with respect to some players on the list, Tom being one, where clear double standards apply that certain standards apply to some, but not others. Clearly I have no idea why.

I have no doubt that if we throw Tom out of the club, he will end up doing more than what Jack Crisp is doing at Collingwood; another player that it was perfectly evident he would turn into the player he's now become. I must be blind, because, I can't name one single player on our list that can break lines as Cutler can (exception being Rich, although he is no wingman) and offers what Tom and yet apparently, we don't need someone like that.:rolleyes:

Hell, if Tom played exclusively forward, he would offer more than anyone that has played forward all year.
I think it's great that Tom's dad is posting on Bigfooty and supporting his son.

So because our club did really well in generating a return for Beams, you're going to hold that against them in future trades where other clubs won't pay a corresponding sentimental premium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back