Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

At a time when the AFL's relationship with bookmakers is being heavily scrutinised, the Brisbane Lions are on the verge of announcing that the logo of sports betting company Neds will feature on the club's jumper for another two years.
The Age understands the Lions have reached a new in-principle agreement with the Queensland-based corporate bookie, who joined Brisbane as a co-major partner on the eve of the season after tech start-up SOOW allegedly failed to make payments with the Lions, which left the club in the lurch just weeks from round one.
As part of the initial deal, the Neds logo has featured on the front of Brisbane's jumper for home games, and the back of the jumper for away games, alternating with the Lions' other co-major partner Oaks Hotels and Resorts.

Finals just about a certainty now IMO bar an implosion.

Remaining games and chances of a win-

Home-

Demons- 90%
Kangaroos- 90%
Bulldogs- 90%
Suns- 99%
Cats- 40%

Away-

Giants- 30%
Power- 50%
Hawks- 70%
Tigers- 40%

Will take 5 more wins to lock away a finals spot, we should be beating teams at home who are out of finals contention, if the Cats have locked away a top 2 spot when we meet them I can see us pulling off an upset there as well.

Giants away will be extremely difficult, a win there would be massive and there would be a lot of "why can't the Lions win the flag?" talk flying around in the media, we should beat the Hawks, would not be surprised if we take care of the Power, we've been good down there. Tigers away in the last round, hopefully this isn't a must win for us to make finals.

Slicing up the remaining games Home/Away is good as we seem to "grow a leg" at Home. The way we've gone so far this season 3/5 at Home + 1/4 Away seems reasonable & gives 12 wins.......Finals.

If we slice it up another way & conservatively make the assumption we will lose two games we expect to win & win one game we expect to lose. What's that give us? 3 wins in games against Demons/Roos/Dogs/Suns/Hawks & 1 win V's Giants/Power/Cats/Giants. That's 12 wins.........Finals.

How about slicing up the remaining games by looking at Teams we haven't played & Teams we've played. Doing this lowered the blood pressure.
We have not played Demons/Giants/Cats/Tigers. Let's go out on a limb and say 1 win. Of the five teams we have played so far, we have only lost once this season! Lets say we drop 2 of them in the run home ....... 12 wins.....Finals.

Every way I "slice the cake", we're in.

The above methods of (cake) slicing have all been approved by my GP. I asked him (GP) what happens if things turn to shizen? He suggested I have lots of fun each week death riding Crows/Port/Freo/Tigers & Bombers. He mentioned the Tigers look shot (3 losses in a row), Freo have lots of injuries, the Crows are mentally unstable as a team, Port are inconsistent & it appears the Bombers want a new Coach. He also noted that we play Port the week after The Showdown & there will be many sore players. He said they'll also probably lose a player to injury & one to suspension. He's a good Doctor & on that advice he denied my request for Diazapam.

Slicing up the remaining games Home/Away is good as we seem to "grow a leg" at Home. The way we've gone so far this season 3/5 at Home + 1/4 Away seems reasonable & gives 12 wins.......Finals.

If we slice it up another way & conservatively make the assumption we will lose two games we expect to win & win one game we expect to lose. What's that give us? 3 wins in games against Demons/Roos/Dogs/Suns/Hawks & 1 win V's Giants/Power/Cats/Giants. That's 12 wins.........Finals.

How about slicing up the remaining games by looking at Teams we haven't played & Teams we've played. Doing this lowered the blood pressure.
We have not played Demons/Giants/Cats/Tigers. Let's go out on a limb and say 1 win. Of the five teams we have played so far, we have only lost once this season! Lets say we drop 2 of them in the run home ....... 12 wins.....Finals.

The above methods of cake slicing have all been approved by my GP. I asked him (GP) what happens if things turn to shizen? He suggested I have lots of fun each week death riding Crows/Port/Freo/Tigers & Bombers. He mentioned the Tigers look shot (3 losses in a row), Freo have lots of injuries, the Crows are mentally unstable as a team, Port are inconsistent & it appears the Bombers want a new Coach. He also noted that we play Port the week after The Showdown & there will be many sore players. He said they'll also probably lose a player to injury & one to suspension. He's a good Doctor & on that advice he denied my request for Diazapam.
Could it take 13 wins to make finals?

The above methods of (cake) slicing have all been approved by my GP. I asked him (GP) what happens if things turn to shizen? He suggested I have lots of fun each week death riding Crows/Port/Freo/Tigers & Bombers. He mentioned the Tigers look shot (3 losses in a row), Freo have lots of injuries, the Crows are mentally unstable as a team, Port are inconsistent & it appears the Bombers want a new Coach. He also noted that we play Port the week after The Showdown & there will be many sore players. He said they'll also probably lose a player to injury & one to suspension. He's a good Doctor & on that advice he denied my request for Diazapam.
It appears there is no need for it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could it take 13 wins to make finals?
As I was leaving his office I brought up the 13 games for Finals proposition & suggested he give me a prescription "just in case". He said "twelve will get you in, maybe even eleven" & that was that.

s**t from the club to extend the sponsor deal. Was palatable as a one year thing but surely they could have found something better afterwards. Unless we're getting Stephenson out of this sponsorship deal I'm furious.b

I'm not counting in any of the games . How often do you see teams loose form for 4 or 5 weeks at this time of the year and not win a game. Happens quite often . Two losses in a row and wins to those around us and we're in trouble.

Sorry , one thing that annoys me are people factoring in or out particular games . One thing we do need to do is win this week . Nothing else matters until it's over.

I'm not counting in any of the games . How often do you see teams loose form for 4 or 5 weeks at this time of the year and not win a game. Happens quite often . Two losses in a row and wins to those around us and we're in trouble.

Sorry , one thing that annoys me are people factoring in or out particular games . One thing we do need to do is win this week . Nothing else matters until it's over.
Apologies for annoying you with my factoring. I found it quite calming. By the way, I factored in 5 losses. Yes you're quite correct about the factoring in of the results of teams around us 🤣

**** from the club to extend the sponsor deal. Was palatable as a one year thing but surely they could have found something better afterwards. Unless we're getting Stephenson out of this sponsorship deal I'm furious.b

Calm your farm.

**** from the club to extend the sponsor deal. Was palatable as a one year thing but surely they could have found something better afterwards. Unless we're getting Stephenson out of this sponsorship deal I'm furious.b

You think they didn’t try? Reality is the economy is poor reporting season is coming and many ASX companies under performed at half yearly reporting and disappointed on the down side. Not that many have a lot to splash around. The club needs the money, we’ve been bust for years. Not at all s**t, we need it, it’s there we take it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apologies for annoying you with my factoring. I found it quite calming. By the way, I factored in 5 losses. Yes you're quite correct about the factoring in of the results of teams around us 🤣
Na , not directed at you or anyone in particular buddy , just saw a raft of posts talking about why we'll make the eight. My point being that you only have to look at who wins footy tipping competitions and why the bookies are rolling in money this year to know that trying to work out who's going to win what games with 8 or 9 games to go is basically pointless .

Keep the lid on, just focus on this week , hope your list stays basically injury free , I'll start thinking about it once we're in ,if we can get there.

You think they didn’t try? Reality is the economy is poor reporting season is coming and many ASX companies under performed at half yearly reporting and disappointed on the down side. Not that many have a lot to splash around. The club needs the money, we’ve been bust for years. Not at all ****, we need it, it’s there we take it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't like gambling companies, sue me.

There's a storm coming in regards to betting in AFL and we're going to be right in the middle of it.

You can bet on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back