Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Can you imagine the cost to the Lions of this happening on the eve of the season - all that merch, photos needing to be redone or Photoshopped - it's not even just as simple as to get another sponsor, and god knows that's not simple at all.

Yeah, it's brutal timing.

Typical Lions punch to the guts when things are looking good.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
increased free to air on main channel this season will make it a bit easier.

A really good point. Being functionally locked out of FTA on the main channel for so long really doesn't help with sponsorship.

I did think at the time that SOOW was a curious choice of sponsor - mainly because tech startups usually aren't in a position to do mass-marketing/promotion until they are well established. Probably an unfortunate reality that with our financial situation and our position in the league that we may not have had many/better options available.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
1551932278952.png

StevoJenkins

The Weekend Worker
Sep 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
AFL
Clubs easily get sponsors and make money when they are at the top of the table. If the negative outlook for the economy is correct it's entirely possible we will hit our top when the economy if flatlining. Hope like hell the economists wrong for personal and club reasons.

When the economy does go to the shitter, the AFL will do it's best to keep up all of their clubs for those TV rights moneys.

When the economy does go to the shitter, the AFL will do it's best to keep up all of their clubs for those TV rights moneys.

I was thinking more about ticket sales, memberships and bums on seats. Maybe all the code hoppers that chase winners are cashed up though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

carnthemlions

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers, Hertha Berlin
Never did find out how to pronounce SOOW and never really understood what they did or why they would want to market their services to footy fans.
“Soow is a new generation customer data platform designed to address what we see is the customer data crisis in the market at the moment,” Deveson told ARN, “whereby corporations may or may not know if they’re complying with the law, or alternatively, are they doing what the customer thinks should be happening with their data?”
https://www.arnnet.com.au/article/6...s-start-up-tackle-customer-data-difficulties/
Nope, still unclear what sort of service they planned on offering

1551970423942.png

I'm just going to assume it's this but for misuse of customer data.

pOleK

Professional Couch Observer
Oct 27, 2014
Tbar
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Atlanta Hawks
Any chance Coffee Club might upgrade their sponsorship to players jersey as well?

EDIT: Didn't realise they'd overtaken XXXX as shorts sponsor

This Theranos company looks pretty good. We should see if they are interested.

My ex works for UCSF and after the Theranos shutdown in September last year, industry people were invited to go to Oracle arena where every piece of equipment from Theranos labs was laid out and you could take anything you wanted, as long as you could carry it out unassisted. From pipette tips & digital microscopes to centrifuges & cryogenic freezers it was all there. Anyway all I'm saying is we steal lab equipment and use the proceeds to become major sponsors.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
My ex works for UCSF and after the Theranos shutdown in September last year, industry people were invited to go to Oracle arena where every piece of equipment from Theranos labs was laid out and you could take anything you wanted, as long as you could carry it out unassisted. From pipette tips & digital microscopes to centrifuges & cryogenic freezers it was all there. Anyway all I'm saying is we steal lab equipment and use the proceeds to become major sponsors.

Haha, crazy.

I’m currently reading the book about it all by the Wall Street Journal guy who blew it all wide open.

It’s unbelievable. Elizabeth Holmes had some of Silicon Valley’s most successful investors and Washington’s most experienced political minds utterly duped despite having basically nothing real to show for it any stage. 9 billion dollar company based on a total pipe dream.

The power of her big blue eyes and fake voice helped, but Jesus, so embarrassing for so many.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Haha, crazy.

I’m currently reading the book about it all by the Wall Street Journal guy who blew it all wide open.

It’s unbelievable. Elizabeth Holmes had some of Silicon Valley’s most successful investors and Washington’s most experienced political minds utterly duped despite having basically nothing real to show for it any stage. 9 billion dollar company based on a total pipe dream.

The power of her big blue eyes and fake voice helped, but Jesus, so embarrassing for so many.

Goes to show that a lot of tech/scientific startups are gigantic bullshit machines built entirely on marketing and lobbying. The fact that so many ex US military personnel and washington lobbyists were involved should be a giant embarrasment to them, but those sort of people tend not to suffer any damage to their reputation.

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Goes to show that a lot of tech/scientific startups are gigantic bullshit machines built entirely on marketing and lobbying. The fact that so many ex US military personnel and washington lobbyists were involved should be a giant embarrasment to them, but those sort of people tend not to suffer any damage to their reputation.
Sounds like they still got get ther anos kicked.

The Zork

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not sure if it was already released but nick robbos insta showed a glimpse of a new Kevin Murray inspired guernsey

I wouldn't say all, the start ups I have been involved with have been fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back