Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be incredible - we only drew just over 16, 000 against them in round 23 last year so I'd be a bit surprised to see it jump so significantly. That was on a Sunday afternoon right at the end of the season, but West Coast were primed for finals so you'd think every West Coast fan in/around Brisbane would've come to that one.

That means we'd need to find an extra 8000 Lions fans who weren't there at our last game - not impossible, but a big ask. I think it's more likely the attendance comes in around 19, 000/20, 000 and I think the club would be pretty happy with that.
Opening season game add on another 5000 at least, I think 24000 would be where its at , need good weather and a good attendance of fair weather supporters.

Is anyone else worried about Jack Payne? I see in latest injury report dated 6 March he is listed 5-7 weeks. I have high hopes for him if his body comes right.

Is anyone else worried about Jack Payne? I see in latest injury report dated 6 March he is listed 5-7 weeks. I have high hopes for him if his body comes right.
This whole shin issue has taken an inrebdibly long time. Would be nice if there was some clarity over this injury whether it is normal for it to be this long or if it is slow or even if it is a new injury.

Latest injury list up this morning, we are in very good shape heading into the season.

Tests- Tom Fullarton(hamstring), Darcy Gardiner(knee), Connor McFadyen(foot), Nick Robertson(hamstring).
3 weeks- Marcus Adams(knee).
3-4 weeks- Brandon Starcevich(hamstring).
5-6 weeks- Jack Payne(shin).

Only 1 certain first 22 player in doubt for round 1 ie. Gardiner.

If fit all pre season Robertson and Adams may have been considered certainties as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to know when 3KZ is Football is going to post the next Operation thread.

I've been very tempted to do one myself, but don't want to steal another posters content :)

I'M RIGHT BEHIND YOU WHEN YOU DO POST ONE THOUGH 3KZ!! I'VE GOT YA BACK MATE :D

It's my daughter's birthday in Round 1. I am copping some serious heat about my desire to attend the Lions game. :'(:oops::thumbsdown:

It's my daughter's birthday in Round 1. I am copping some serious heat about my desire to attend the Lions game. :'(:oops::thumbsdown:
That's OK I will use your ticket and send pics (non-noodz).

That's OK I will use your ticket and send pics (non-noodz).
Pending the success of my rear guard action on two fronts I might trade it for a 4-pack of Balter XPA and definitely non-noodz

Take her to the footy as a present? Maybe with a meal before or after?
Yeah, this is the girl who got smacked in the face twice by a ball in the one Auskick session and has never been back. The only things she likes about the footy are the hot dogs and they WILL disappoint.

According to various tv guides and the afl broadcast guide we will be getting a lot of games broadcasted on the main channel. This is huge for the club and if we put on a strong performance in the first 6 or so weeks we could receive a sizable growth in membership, sponsorship and crowd numbers. This is huge and we shouldn't waste this opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back