Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImAFreeMan

All Australian
Aug 29, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Guys this might be completely off topic but how do I go about changing my name on here? I made a new account 5 years ago when Beamer retired because I couldn’t work it out and now Freeman’s gone :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
According to various tv guides and the afl broadcast guide we will be getting a lot of games broadcasted on the main channel. This is huge for the club and if we put on a strong performance in the first 6 or so weeks we could receive a sizable growth in membership, sponsorship and crowd numbers. This is huge and we shouldn't waste this opportunity
Think we have 3 free to air games in Melbourne....huge.

Guys this might be completely off topic but how do I go about changing my name on here? I made a new account 5 years ago when Beamer retired because I couldn’t work it out and now Freeman’s gone :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Click your name in the top right, select "Account Details". It's the first option in the resulting page.
Untitled.png

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ur a thinker BBy

If you squint the glass can always be half full :)

On the flip side, can we really be upset with the amount of free to air we get this year or how much we got last year? Personally I don't think we can. We can however be upset with how much free to air TV certain teams got that were always going to be shitter than us. What makes it bearable though is the fact it undoubtedly cost the host broadcaster money.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If you squint the glass can always be half full :)

On the flip side, can we really be upset with the amount of free to air we get this year or how much we got last year? Personally I don't think we can. We can however be upset with how much free to air TV certain teams got that were always going to be shitter than us. What makes it bearable though is the fact it undoubtedly cost the host broadcaster money.
I have for along time been an advocate for scheduling 2 Friday night games each week and then select the most exciting game to telecast say 3 weeks out. Solve the problem of watching 9 crappy Carlton games as we did 2 seasons back.

Lions Flag 2020

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We are definitely getting the Eagles at the best time. No nik nat, crips, jk, gaff. Also first game rustiness and away from home.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Getting a bit Antsy Pantsy about the start of the season.
JLT has just wet my appetite!
Yep very much so, I haven't been this excited for the start of a season since 2010, I'm confident the 2019 excitement will last longer than 4 rounds.

Here's hoping that Lincoln McCarthy, Marcus Adams and Jarryd Lyons work out better than Brendan Fevola, Andrew Rains, Amon Buchanan, Brent Staker and Xavier Clarke.

Yep very much so, I haven't been this excited for the start of a season since 2010, I'm confident the 2019 excitement will last longer than 4 rounds.

Here's hoping that Lincoln McCarthy, Marcus Adams and Jarryd Lyons work out better than Brendan Fevola, Andrew Rains, Amon Buchanan, Brent Staker and Xavier Clarke.
Scratch Stakes from that list! A great servant of the club then and now.

I'm confident the 2019 excitement will last longer than 4 rounds.
It’s great to go into a season optimistic.
And I will agree that I am the most excited I have been in a long time, probably since Fev come onboard actually. That year fell apart after the 4th round and it had been pretty dismal since.
Both the supporters and the team need a good start and some early wins!
Go Lions! 🦁

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

As far as price is concerned;
Neale = Fev
Adams = Buchanan
McCarthy = Raines
Lyons = Maguire

Looking pretty good and I rate that off season apart from Fev.

Until the Fev trade came up Voss was looking for experience and post playing career confirmed Raines, Buchanan, Clarke and Staker were great leaders and teachers. Plus Goose played some great footy for us.

As far as price is concerned;
Neale = Fev
Adams = Buchanan
McCarthy = Raines
Lyons = Maguire

Looking pretty good and I rate that off season apart from Fev.

Until the Fev trade came up Voss was looking for experience and post playing career confirmed Raines, Buchanan, Clarke and Staker were great leaders and teachers. Plus Goose played some great footy for us.
His only black mark was breaking Browny's jaw at training.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
His only black mark was breaking Browny's jaw at training.
I was one that really appreciated Goose throughout his time at the club and the role he played for us despite his injury issues. He bled for the club and was widely respected by everyone st the club both on and off field. Was a shame the manner in which he had to hang up the boots.

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

You forgot Martin was part of that list and he’s doing alright. So too did Staker.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back