Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they needed a minimum attendances because that combination doesn't scream repeated dominance - it might just be luck.
Beg to differ, that combination to me looks excellent, Neale and Berry 2 of our best + Robinson's in there and get the ball mongrel, Berry and Neale also 2 that I'd like to see delivering the ball running forward from the square into F50. I'd also prefer the Big O to Stef in a critical late game/scores close center bounce, he's a superior tap to advantage ruckman IMO.

Our injury list (or lack of) is pretty damn impressive Only 3 on the list with Andrews being one of them likely to be back.
LivePlushBluetickcoonhound-small.gif

Humongous game this weekend v the Dogs, if we can win and get ourselves to 6-2 we are set up for a surge to the bye. The road to the bye-

Round 9 v Crows (H)
Round 10 v Dockers (A)
Round 11 v Hawks (H)
Round 12 v Blues (A)

IMO the Dockers on the road will be the toughest assignment, very confident of winning the other 3 which would leave us at 9-3, even at 8-4 that would leave us only having to win 4-5 games post the bye to make finals.

Who was it that posted that infamous fat lady pic again? How long did it take to live that down? Oh wait 😉
Weevil; we were playing Melbourne in around 2010. 11 points up with about 2 minutes to go and that pic went up. We lost by a point or to. I may have lost it.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Humongous game this weekend v the Dogs, if we can win and get ourselves to 6-2 we are set up for a surge to the bye. The road to the bye-

Round 9 v Crows (H)
Round 10 v Dockers (A)
Round 11 v Hawks (H)
Round 12 v Blues (A)

IMO the Dockers on the road will be the toughest assignment, very confident of winning the other 3 which would leave us at 9-3, even at 8-4 that would leave us only having to win 4-5 games post the bye to make finals.

We are playing Dockers on sunday twilight game.
Backing that up with Hawks on saturday night is going to be interesting.

First couple days usually pretty light bit of recovery bit of review work then ramp it up thursday be the main sesh shouldn't be too bad hopefully

First couple days usually pretty light bit of recovery bit of review work then ramp it up thursday be the main sesh shouldn't be too bad hopefully
From memory I think one of our Medical team said that one 6 day break is no problems at all as all the focus is on recovery, but it is when you have 2 in a row or 2 in 3 weeks that it becomes more of an issue.

Spread of goalkickers across the comp is interesting to see. We're right up there in number of goals of the top 100 goal kickers and the number of kickers. No real surprise I guess but highlights the spread we have.

1557360790000.png

We've got quite a cluster too with our kickers coming in at 22, 23, 30, 32, 42, 63 and 96

So 8th spot finishes this weekend on 16 points. If we lose we are still 1 win off 8th spot. When we win we go 2 games clear of 8th. Pretty good spot to be in tbh. Especially with some winnable games before the bye.

I've had a few goes at the ladder predictor, one as an optimistic lions supporter giving us wins against teams close to us on the ladder or ones that we should win and I had us on 13 wins, that included a win against the dogs and a loss against the crows.
Top 4 ended up being Geelong, GWS, Pies & WCE which I think are safe bets to be there at the end of the year
5-8th was Tigers, Bombers, Lions & Port with Freo and Crows just missing out.

After yesterdays loss and feeling a bit pessimistic about the rest of our season and seeing the crows and bombers lose, I had us finishing 12th with 9 wins behind the Saints and 10 wins and a good percentage was enough to get 8th spot.

Squiggle has us finishing anywhere from 4th-9th

If we finish below the Saints I'll eat my hat.

What kind of hat is this? A newspaper hat isn’t much of a struggle to get down, but one of those hats with flaps at the side would be an accomplishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back