Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medical team punishing their whipping boys again. Bet he isn’t even injured.
He wasn't injured, but then the whipping started...

Tom Cutler Back (cat o' nine tails) 4 weeks

Marcus Adams- Knee, 1 week. :)
Zac Bailey- Hamstring, 1 week.:)
Jarrod Berry- Knee, 3 weeks.
Tom Cutler- Foot, 4 weeks.
Ely Smith- Foot, 3 weeks.

Marcus Adams will definitely come back through the NEAFL, probably Zac Bailey as well given he re tore his hammy, Jarrod Berry should come straight back in v the Demons.

We should be aiming to bring all/most of Adams, Berry, Bailey and Starc in by the Dees game. Would be a big boost of talent. Question marks on fitness/form in all four but if we can have these blokes in for the second half of 2019, they give us some real weapon's we're sorely lacking. Pace, ball winning ability and the ability to rebound off the back 50. Would be super ins, especially when you look at the names they'd be replacing.

We should be aiming to bring all/most of Adams, Berry, Bailey and Starc in by the Dees game. Would be a big boost of talent. Question marks on fitness/form in all four but if we can have these blokes in for the second half of 2019, they give us some real weapon's we're sorely lacking. Pace, ball winning ability and the ability to rebound off the back 50. Would be super ins, especially when you look at the names they'd be replacing.

DISAGREE.

Adams should be eased into footy slowly. Hasn't played any games in months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DISAGREE.

Adams should be eased into footy slowly. Hasn't played any games in months.

No need to shout! Literally shaking now ...

Seriously though, I 100% agree but he has essentially 3 weeks before the game so will get plenty of time to ease the rust away. The medical team won't rush him but if he plays good minutes and does well in the NEAFL then I'd see no reason not to bring him in. Even if we did so as a forward.

No need to shout! Literally shaking now ...

Seriously though, I 100% agree but he has essentially 3 weeks before the game so will get plenty of time to ease the rust away. The medical team won't rush him but if he plays good minutes and does well in the NEAFL then I'd see no reason not to bring him in. Even if we did so as a forward.

Sorry some of my words automatically capitalise now due to my BASTINAC posting.

I see what you're saying and it'd be cute to have him in. If we beat the saints and we're still on for finals I'd play him but if we lose we're pretty much out so I'd ease him in for next year

A fit Adams is clearly part of coach Fagans plans and even though he picked Archie smith unironically last week I do still have faith in him.

Sorry some of my words automatically capitalise now due to my BASTINAC posting.

I see what you're saying and it'd be cute to have him in. If we beat the saints and we're still on for finals I'd play him but if we lose we're pretty much out so I'd ease him in for next year

A fit Adams is clearly part of coach Fagans plans and even though he picked Archie smith unironically last week I do still have faith in him.

I don't get the argument of not picking Archie. For one he needs to get games in him. Secondly, Oscar was injured the week prior and Archie was very good v the Hawks. He was absolutely pantsed v the Blues though and will lose his spot. I think it was fair enough keeping him in the side and letting Oscar stay home for a week too so he can be fit and firing come the Saints.

I don't get the argument of not picking Archie. For one he needs to get games in him. Secondly, Oscar was injured the week prior and Archie was very good v the Hawks. He was absolutely pantsed v the Blues though and will lose his spot. I think it was fair enough keeping him in the side and letting Oscar stay home for a week too so he can be fit and firing come the Saints.

The argument for not picking Archie is the same argument you'd make for not taking a random dude out of the crowd and making him play AFL level footy. He's AWFUL. Omac should have played

The argument for not picking Archie is the same argument you'd make for not taking a random dude out of the crowd and making him play AFL level footy. He's AWFUL. Omac should have played

He's hardly awful, man. I don't think he's best 22 but he's a damn good tap ruck. Just needs to throw his body around more. His best is a Mumford style ruck who isn't afraid to get physical. Once again it's hard to criticize his game v the Hawks as he did a lot of good. His game against the Blues stank but really he earned his spot with his game v the Hawks. Hindsight is a gift coaches don't have.

David Noble on The Roar Deal today-

1- v Carlton we pulled up stumps, we need to learn to be ruthless.
2- We like Bailey, Answerth and Starcevich as likely best 22 players, whether that is this year or next remains to be seen.
3- Bailey and Adams ready after the bye although Adams will play several weeks in the NEAFL before a possible game in the seniors.
4- Our injury prevention strategies are great.
5- Luke Hodge wont play next year, he is still weighing up options, media/coaching/a mix.
6- We will be drafting best available talent.
7- We still need more midfielders along with back line and wing run, we are identifying trade targets.

I don't think Nobes will be leaving us anytime soon, he was mentioning that he is renovating a Queenslander up on Mt Tamborine, it's on 6 acres, he has a couple of horses and he and the family absolutely love it up there.

Good to see with point 7 that he and the team agree with us learned people on Big Footy.

2- We like Bailey, Answerth and Starcevich as likely best 22 players, whether that is this year or next remains to be seen.
3- Bailey and Adams ready after the bye although Adams will play several weeks in the NEAFL before a possible game in the seniors.
5- Luke Hodge wont play next year, he is still weighing up options, media/coaching/a mix.
6- We will be drafting best available talent.
7- We still need more midfielders along with back line and wing run, we are identifying trade targets.

I don't think Nobes will be leaving us anytime soon, he was mentioning that he is renovating a Queenslander up on Mt Tamborine, it's on 6 acres, he has a couple of horses and he and the family absolutely love it up there.

Good to see with point 7 that he and the team agree with us learned people on Big Footy.

So how can we here influence hodge? I want him to be at least a part time assistant coach as he is so highly regarded he will help attract the type of trade targets we need. Also want him to spend time in the coaches box on game day - his tactical input is important.

6- We will be drafting best available talent - unless best available talent is a ruck.

Good info + slight edit :moustache:

Does he know we have a guy wearing the #26 that fits the bill already. Noble and Fagan should probably go introduce themselves to him because we have that exact player at the club already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back