Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder how many thought Lynch would be retired or over the hill by the time of our 3 peat. Recall reading that his longevity in part was due to missing a lot of football with CFS

Decent chance well be overtaken by Richmond, Adelaide and Essendon by next Sunday evening unless we win either of next 2 difficult away games.

Edit... plus Port if they win tonight

Decent chance well be overtaken by Richmond, Adelaide and Essendon by next Sunday evening unless we win either of next 2 difficult away games.

Edit... plus Port if they win tonight
Yeah have to win one of them you would think. But at least things get easier after that.

Our season is on a knives edge, we could realistically finish anywhere from 3rd to 10th IMO. Our remaining draw has all of a sudden got a lot harder than it looked like on the surface a month or so ago.

v Giants(A)- Extremely difficult, a win would surprise.
v Port(A)- Will be tough but a win not out of the question.
v Kangaroos(H)- Have found some great form, no easy beats.
v Hawks(A)- Should win this one.
v Bulldogs(H)- Have found some form as well, another tough encounter.
v Suns(H)- Should win easily.
v Cats(H)- They should have a top 2 spot wrapped up and little to play for.
v Tigers(A)- Will be back to full strength except for Rance, extremely tough.

It would not come as a complete surprise to me if we fell off a bit of a cliff ie. lose the next 2 in competitive losses, Kangaroos and Bulldogs have been impressive since the bye rounds. Cats and Tigers to finish, TOUGH!

Worst case we finish 11-11 and miss finals.
Mid range we finish 13-9 and finish 7th-8th.
Best case we finish 15-7 and finish 3rd-6th.

Our season is on a knives edge, we could realistically finish anywhere from 3rd to 10th IMO. Our remaining draw has all of a sudden got a lot harder than it looked like on the surface a month or so ago.

It would not come as a complete surprise to me if we fell off a bit of a cliff ie. lose the next 2 in competitive losses, Kangaroos and Bulldogs have been impressive since the bye rounds. Cats and Tigers to finish, TOUGH!

Good run down jason. As long as Richmond, Essendon, Port and Freo don't all magically find form and consistency all at the same time I am pretty confident we will make the finals.

In a way I am glad the Carlton loss happened before the bye. It was a good reality check that players were left to brood over for 2 weeks. Expecting us to be very competitive, could surprise a lot of them and win today + next week.

Not if Melbourne lose to Carlton we won’t.

Come to think of it, Western Bulldogs beating Geelong will get more, even in the event we do knock off GWS.

Given we'll be equal second surely we'd be in line for a segment. If not, we'll send Lions_Insider over to give the boys a stern talking to!

I know this is gettin way ahead of ourselves, a couple of my family of asked me how many grand final tickets can I as a club member purchase. Any advice appreciated?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Two per membership I believe.

Edit: actually now that I think about it, it might just be one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm assuming finals in Brisbane work the same way as GWS, given AFL finals are controlled by the AFL, in which case you have no say on your seats from the home and away season. You get what you get and you don't get upset.

I'm assuming finals in Brisbane work the same way as GWS, given AFL finals are controlled by the AFL, in which case you have no say on your seats from the home and away season. You get what you get and you don't get upset.
I remember in 09 I got the exact same seat as my season membership seat... surely that can't be a coincidence? The rules may have changed this then of course...

I remember in 09 I got the exact same seat as my season membership seat... surely that can't be a coincidence? The rules may have changed this then of course...
Come to think of it.....:think: yes we had the same seats as well for that great comeback v the Blues:cool:. Hard to believe it has been 10 loooonnng years.

It didn't apply in 2016, 2017 or 2018 in either Sydney stadium which is what I'm going off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back