Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all the favourites win from now till the end of the year (that has us loosing to Geelong and Richmond) we will finish 6th. It would be a tough pill to swallow after the season we have had to finish there.
Lions are favourites V Cats

If all the favourites win from now till the end of the year (that has us loosing to Geelong and Richmond) we will finish 6th. It would be a tough pill to swallow after the season we have had to finish there.
I reckon we'll finish 5th which is a little bit disappointing given we are sitting equal first, but if you had told we'd be playing finals (let alone playing a home final) at the start of the season, I would have be jumping for joy.

Interesting article, mentions Witherden as a potential future candidate, but still behind Berry and Andrews.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure Witherden is becomes captain with JBerry and Andrews in the team. But I can see him growing in to our own version of Hodge in the backline in the not to distant future. I'm sure he's practicing his directional pointing already.

We'll win both Gabba games and finish top 4.

The interesting part will be whether our after-bye form is at a level to go to MCG - beat the long standing hoodoo - go top 2.

You cannot be serious!!! Everyone was happy to win 8-10 games before the season started. Gratitude is something we all need to have regardless of what happens from here on in. Sometimes being grateful rather than wanting more no matter what you have isn't the healthiest of worlds.

McCluggage and Andrews would be certainties to make the final team. Hipwood 90%. Witherden 50/50. Berry probably misses; lots of strong midfielders in that squad.
Why is Hipwood only 90% when he has made it the last 2 years and has developed into a better player this season?

You cannot be serious!!! Everyone was happy to win 8-10 games before the season started. Gratitude is something we all need to have regardless of what happens from here on in. Sometimes being grateful rather than wanting more no matter what you have isn't the healthiest of worlds.
Yeah, you can be serious.

So you are saying expectations can’t change.:rolleyes:

Not sure Witherden is becomes captain with JBerry and Andrews in the team. But I can see him growing in to our own version of Hodge in the backline in the not to distant future. I'm sure he's practicing his directional pointing already.
Witho nor Berry are captain material in my opinion. Harris is the man by a country mile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm saying have some gratitude for what they have achieved. Read my post Dylan 12 and you will see it as its said.
Nowhere in Ozzy_Lions post did he say that he wasn't feeling grateful to what they have achieved this year...
Tbh, l would feel a bit diaspointed if we finished 6th, however l am incredibly happy to what they have achieved this year. As Dylan said - expectations and goalposts change.

Nowhere in Ozzy_Lions post did he say that he wasn't feeling grateful to what they have achieved this year...
Tbh, l would feel a bit diaspointed if we finished 6th, however l am incredibly happy to what they have achieved this year. As Dylan said - expectations and goalposts change.
As would I!

Expectations change when you are sitting equal 1st with 3 weeks to go. It’s going to be great to watch us play finals regardless, but if we dropped to 6th I think you wouldn’t be honest with your self if you were not disappointed.
Opportunities to make an impact in September are few and far between.

Witho nor Berry are captain material in my opinion. Harris is the man by a country mile.

Very interesting that you say Bez is not captain material. Probably the first Lions supporter I have heard say that. May I ask why you don’t think he is captain material?
I think he has captain written all over him. Has had a lot of experience captaining representative teams, is a very popular clubman, great communicator, has a real voice in the playing group, trains his butt off and most importantly, he leads by his actions. Interested to hear your thoughts

I have to admit if we finished outside the top 4 now I would be disappointed, although I'm sure we would all get over it quickly.

At least the possibility of a top 2 finish is in our hands, no need for results to go our way to get there, with only 3 games to go what a hell of an achievement.

Very interesting that you say Bez is not captain material. Probably the first Lions supporter I have heard say that. May I ask why you don’t think he is captain material?
I think he has captain written all over him. Has had a lot of experience captaining representative teams, is a very popular clubman, great communicator, has a real voice in the playing group, trains his butt off and most importantly, he leads by his actions. Interested to hear your thoughts

Second that. We are so lucky to have two mature under 22s - Dads and Bez - in our list. Leadership comes natural to both of them.

Why is Hipwood only 90% when he has made it the last 2 years and has developed into a better player this season?

Because there are other players. You could make a case for McKay and Naughton as the tall forwards. I wouldn't, but someone else could.

90% is pretty high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back