Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word is that they’re expecting close to 70K for the Tiges v Lions clash next week.

When was the last time we played against a crowd that big?
In terms of non-finals, a certain pantsing of Collingwood at the G springs to mind.

Largest non-finals game we played in that I can recall was against the Pies in 2003, just over 60K.
Yup, 61868. Three other plus 50ks, two in 2004 and one in 2006.

I haven't got a DVD player anymore although I still have the 3peat DVD box set, I haven't watched any of them for years but gave it a good bashing there for a while, listened/watched all commentary versions multiple times.❤

I haven't got a DVD player anymore although I still have the 3peat DVD box set, I haven't watched any of them for years but gave it a good bashing there for a while, listened/watched all commentary versions multiple times.❤
That shows how good we have been going this year.
No need to watch that stuff it’s old news!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David King is so full of his own self importance and his predictions are wrong sooo often.
I didn’t see too much of a difference between the 2 examples there to be honest.
And in his footage it didn’t show Geelong defending against Charlie Cameron and his speed.

It seems quite poor research to use the suns game where they weren't playing well as a team as how Cameron gets his goals. There's been far more games where we've had a fairly even effort from all of our forwards. Kind of seems like King thinks that last weeks game is a representation of the only way we play. When Cameron is being held by his opponent we haven't been just bombing it in hope this year, we've still got plenty of improvement but there's a reason why we have a low disposal to goal ratio.

There is no better way for Eagles and Lions to stamp their premiership credentials than beat Richmond at MCG back to back.
Provided we beat Geelong, we need Richmond to beat West Coast in order to be assured of top two before the final round. I’d much rather that than have the stress of knowing we have to beat Richmond in the last game of the season. Screw that; I know who I want to win and be assured of not having to travel throughout the finals.

Provided we beat Geelong, we need Richmond to beat West Coast in order to be assured of top two before the final round. I’d much rather that than have the stress of knowing we have to beat Richmond in the last game of the season. Screw that; I know who I want to win and be assured of not having to travel throughout the finals.

We still wouldn't be guaranteed a top 2 finished, though it would be very likely given our percentage lead. Best result for us this weekend is a win then a big Tiges victory to make the percentage gap even larger.

We still wouldn't be guaranteed a top 2 finished, though it would be very likely given our percentage lead. Best result for us this weekend is a win then a big Tiges victory to make the percentage gap even larger.
Yeah that’s right, its absolutely in our best interests that West Coast lose to Richmond, hence why I thought it surprising that mpal6 is focussed on Richmond losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back