Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you know the kind of people living in his area you'd know why.

Literally the most disengaged electorate in the nation. As in, a substantial percentage couldn't even name Dutton as their local member in one survey.

On the whole I could do without politicians of any persuasion donning scarfs/faking support. My least favourite example of it is Labor MP Tim Watts, who used to be a Bears fan but became a very vocal Dogs fan on twitter in 2016.

That's nauseating.

I'm fine with genuine supporting, e.g. most southern MPs will undoubtedly follow a team, and same with Qld/NSW MPs and NRL teams and I'm fine with that. There are exceptions both ways - IIRC Chris Bowen is a foundation member of GWS and even showed up to Blacktown back in the day, and some of the eastern suburbs' MPs follow the Swans, but showing up in the scarf of a team you wouldn't know from a bar of soap is a double negative - won't shift people who don't care to you, and just puts off those who do care because they know better.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That's nauseating.

I'm fine with genuine supporting, e.g. most southern MPs will undoubtedly follow a team, and same with Qld/NSW MPs and NRL teams and I'm fine with that. There are exceptions both ways - IIRC Chris Bowen is a foundation member of GWS and even showed up to Blacktown back in the day, and some of the eastern suburbs' MPs follow the Swans, but showing up in the scarf of a team you wouldn't know from a bar of soap is a double negative - won't shift people who don't care to you, and just puts off those who do care because they know better.

Dutton could kick the winning goal in a grand final and I'd still despise him

Literally the most disengaged electorate in the nation. As in, a substantial percentage couldn't even name Dutton as their local member in one survey.

I work there, and especially with the older generation (which there is a bit of here) the racial undertones are deafening. My favourite and one of the most recent quotes "couldn't they get any white kids to model" in relation to the front page of the catalog having black kids to model clothes. The look of disgust as they left the catalog behind said as much as the words did.

Rudd looked stupid when he did it
Specifically giving nobody in particular the double-thumbs up from the top tier of the stands. That's what sold it.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Collingwood have 11 of the top 12 possession winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back