Preview Lions 2019 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling Keays might be the unlucky man out. Been on the list for a while, great NEAFL player, never seems to quite grasp a spot at senior level in an area where we're relatively set now.

Might be a rookie list candidate . He seems to be the king of guy who’s happy enough staying in Brisbane and taking his chances. He seems to genuinely love the club.

I have a feeling Keays might be the unlucky man out. Been on the list for a while, great NEAFL player, never seems to quite grasp a spot at senior level in an area where we're relatively set now.

Sadly, more than one player is going to have to cop an unlucky delisting this year.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
My guess is Nick Robertson becomes a delisted free agent and either signs with GWS or either of the WA clubs.

Bit easier to delist a player you know has a deal lined up.

rangatangtang

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
My guess it’s either Keays or C.Lyons to the rookie list and the other delisted.
I think the Keays decision is more vs bundy who's experience may be the goals that get us more success next year vs Keays whose presence around the fwd line is likely to be consistently better for a few more years yet if I had the call to make. The way Lyons Zorko Neale will all push forward Keays is my pick over bundy longer term

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I think the Keays decision is more vs bundy who's experience may be the goals that get us more success next year vs Keays whose presence around the fwd line is likely to be consistently better for a few more years yet if I had the call to make. The way Lyons Zorko Neale will all push forward Keays is my pick over bundy longer term
I don’t rate Keays up forward at AFL level.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Screenshot_20191018-145611_Instagram.jpg

Something has been mismanaged somewhere because there is no announcement from the club at all

Last edited:

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What's going on with our de-listings? I am not overly enthused about how we are handling this. So many loyal and popular players being left in the dark to then find out from them in an Intagram post? No way we would have done it like this last year.

View attachment 767207

Something has been mismanaged somewhere because there is no announcement from the club at all
Not sure I agree with that. Players are notified before an official announcement by the club in any case so no real surprise when if a player comes out publicly first before the club does.

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not sure how to tag someone but if Robbo18 reads this please thank Nick from me. It's been tough as a lions fan in recent years but players like him giving his all every minute makes the tough years worth while.

Best of luck Nick. Hope you get picked up.

Jun 17, 2006
Section 43
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NFL - Green Bay Packers
Not sure how to tag someone but if Robbo18 reads this please thank Nick from me. It's been tough as a lions fan in recent years but players like him giving his all every minute makes the tough years worth while.

Best of luck Nick. Hope you get picked up.

Robbo18!

Sign of a stronger list when you have to start delisting players like NRobbo. Previous years we have had no issue in finding players to chop. Now i think we are working our way through the guys who have had long enough on the list, but haven't cemented a best 22 spot.

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
What's going on with our de-listings? I am not overly enthused about how we are handling this. So many loyal and popular players being left in the dark to then find out from them in an Intagram post? No way we would have done it like this last year.
The players aren’t in the dark, they would have known prior to the trade period what was going to happen. As supporters we should be the last ones to know what’s happening.

Hornet1

Debutant
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Robbo18! I’m shattered for Nick. He bleeds for the boys and his selflessness/courage on the footy field is something I’ve pointed out as great examples to my son plenty of times. Thanks for your efforts Nick, hopefully you get picked up as a DFA! PS. Buddy has never recovered from your hit and the lads always walked taller whenever you were in the team!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back