Mod. Notice Lions board feedback thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My spidey sense tells me you are a fan.

No reason why we can't start now, so you are the first cab off the rank PK.

Might just leave it at one player per person at this stage. And ideally it would be good to have players get a different reviewer to the previous year.

Awesome. Bring on 2012, great to know I'm covering the Brownlow medallist for next year. Not too hopeful I don't think.

Re: Daniel Rich #2

Looking at these two pics, he actually looks a lot leaner.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Along these lines - wondering if it would be worthwhile to have two pics at the front of each roster watch thread - one being when we first got them and one being a current one so we can see the difference at a glance?

Re: Daniel Rich #2

Along these lines - wondering if it would be worthwhile to have two pics at the front of each roster watch thread - one being when we first got them and one being a current one so we can see the difference at a glance?

Interesting suggestion Viceregal.

Note that for newer players the op already does contain a photo of when they were drafted (Rich for example).

I'm concerned that adding another photo to the op would make things too cluttered.

Some of the other boards having trouble completing their player reviews. I have been asked to see if anyone from our board is interested in helping out. If anyone is interested in writing a scathing attack on an opposition player then go for it.

Sorry to bring the tone down, but I was directed to bring my grievances here regarding the "What would you consider a pass mark for us this season?" thread, starting on page 4 and hopefully ending on page 6.

Surely the over-arching aim for mods is to facilitate calm and rational discussion?
If not, could you link me to the moderator code of conduct please.

If so, I was wondering how the behaviour shown in that thread moves towards that aim? It certainly appeared that some responses were directed toward LRL44 with no other intention of winding him up and inflaming the situation. The exact opposite of what Mods should be doing.
I'm far from defending LRL44, as I believe he lacks tact and his phrasing is at times awful and his responses were just as out of line as the rest, but the answer that he gave was his opinion and a valid one (whether or not you agree with it is another story).

As you can see I'm new here and don't know where the 'line' is when it comes to these things, but it seems to be open slather barring swear words. Is this an accurate summation?

Yeah, I have to agree with Jenks here. A couple of the posts by a couple of mods (although I'm not sure if they're both Brisbane board mods) seemed to be more about winding 44 up, rather than bringing the thread back on topic.

I also feel that thread was a good one, and could have been rescued without being closed.

That said, 44 needs to learn to be civil. I tend to agree with him and Noel that it can be difficult sometimes to express a negative opinion on this board without feeling like you're going to be shot down, but I think the victim mentality they displayed was pointless.

Aaahh. The off season. What better time to bring out long held personality conflicts, grudges & pregeduces.:D Bring on the footy I say.:thumbsu:

That said, there seems to be some trying to put out a fire with gasoline, to paraphrase David Bowie. Never trust authority.

Your right in that overall we want the board to be a place where people feel comfortable posting. But that is not a simple proposition.

This is a footy forum and as I’ve said previously by its very nature it is pretty rough and tumble sometimes. I don’t think it would work at all if the mods treated everyone like children and enforced the rules like headmasters. We let everyone get away with a bit from time to time.

As you guys have said 44 has some issues. Now the mods could run around saying “Golly gosh, gee whiz, please Mr 44 do behave yourself”. But that is just not generally our style, we tend to be more from the “Hey boofhead, pull your head in” school. (Of course we will treat anyone who wants to discuss issues in a sensible and intelligent way with the upmost respect and courtesy.)

Now you guys see the fireworks and think it is a bit too full on, you probably have a point. I care about how his behaviour is impacting on the group. As I think as you guys are pointing out here things are getting a little out of control. The mods will probably have a think about where we go from here on this issue.

Inevitably it gets to a point where we have to ask “When does an individual’s right to voice their opinion get overridden by the communities right to enjoy the board without that individual railroading everything”

It’s a fact of life that all groups suffer from a degree of groupthink. I see stuff on here that makes me facepalm, but it’s like Canute and the ocean, I can’t force different people to have different opinions. It’s just the way people sometimes behave...I also think it’s a massive trap to simply dismiss people’s opinions as groupthink.

If you see people making reasonable points you think are getting shout down by groupthink let us know. Start a Groupthink watch thread.

We will get bits right and we will get bits wrong. All I know is I’ve spent half my night dealing with this and right now it’s time for bed.

Bed? Thought you woz an insomniac?

Tell you what the issues is. I will tell in my best strine. Most of yaz repeat yerselves. After far too long reading all this the same people say the same thing and it becomes repetitive. I know this from observing that the same people will react the same way to the same issues and say the same thing on an on and on (I was waz at a party and a fella said to me) as sure as repetitive eggs. Also I think that the Webz allows peoples to talk to each other how they would not face to face because it is such an anonymous and airless medium. I have serious doubts about it's social usefulness.

Speaking of good books back to Francis Pryor. He is far more interesting than pass marks for boys kicking balls. I am that removed from it all that I am getting rid of foxtel this week. I just hope that the season gets my interest up again because this rubbish sure dulls it at this point in time.

Tell you what the issues is. I will tell in my best strine. Most of yaz repeat yerselves. After far too long reading all this the same people say the same thing and it becomes repetitive. I know this from observing that the same people will react the same way to the same issues and say the same thing on an on and on (I was waz at a party and a fella said to me) as sure as repetitive eggs. Also I think that the Webz allows peoples to talk to each other how they would not face to face because it is such an anonymous and airless medium. I have serious doubts about it's social usefulness.

Speaking ofgood book back to Francis Pryor. He is far more interesting than pass marks for boys kicking balls. I am that removed from it all that I am getting rid of foxtel this week. I just hope that the season gets my interest up again because this rubbish sure dulls it at this point in time.

Shutup what would you know jerk.

Actually I totally fixed my insomnia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of good books back to Francis Pryor. He is far more interesting than pass marks for boys kicking balls. I am that removed from it all that I am getting rid of foxtel this week. I just hope that the season gets my interest up again because this rubbish sure dulls it at this point in time.
Excluding or including yourself from this observation John?:D

Tell you what the issues is. I will tell in my best strine. Most of yaz repeat yerselves. After far too long reading all this the same people say the same thing and it becomes repetitive.

Fair point! Stop rabbiting on about bloody Murdoch and journos all the bloody time. :p

What about the darts!!!! :eek::eek::D

Kids stuff. Should a been here during the w***ermanis wars.

I often wonder if it's the ghosts of a Warwick & Toddy 'discussion'?

Or is it just an off season ploy by the mods to increase posts - you know how they like to manipulate things?

This is an exceptional question. Probably the best I have been asked.

See what I mean... :eek:

;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back