News Lions Board Spill - update: Board Dispute Resolved

James North

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Appears so. Though I think the Lions said they'd look after it to make it look like they weren't associated with Pinskier. That said, the AFL should have proactively picked this up too.

In other news, if this is how trivial our privacy is to the Lions and the AFL, I think from now on I will get them to send all letters to a PO Box to hide my residential address, and I'll change the name my membership is registered under to Chuck Finley.

Pinskier's IT gurus can get your email address from your PO Box. It's available from Australia Post's website - everyone knows this.

Last of the Roys

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
I am extremely pissed off by the Club's response.

Are they that stupid or do they really believe everyone else is as stupid as them???

Since when has lack of evidence ever been the same as being fully cleared?

The fact that we had posters here who set up second email addresses purely for the sake of registering their second Lions memberships and they received emails to those addresses from Pinskier is a massive, massive concern. Not to mention the fact that the email list was filtered by whether people were Victorian or from Queensland. Let's not give any oxygen to the ridiculous suggestion that these details were gained from Twitter or a Facebook. Anyone with even a basic understanding of those sites know that that is not possible.

If the club's investigation simply comprised going around to every member of staff (and Pinskier) and saying...

"Did you do it?"

"Nup"

Then that is very concerning. An investigation isn't just asking the suspects if they are guilty... if that is all the club has been doing the last few weeks then I think Malcolm Holmes has seriously, seriously let members down and insulted our intelligence.

I'd urge those people who have received unsolicited emails to those unique email accounts to demand a better investigation from the club and potentially an official regulator such as ASIC.

Also interesting that the club released the statement in the classic "take out the trash" Friday afternoon window. Trying to minimise media attention?

This is exactly how I feel as well.

It is so obvious that a very specific Lions voting members list - in fact the final Lions voting members list - was leaked.

Posts from multiple sources on this forum confirm that Pinskier must have had that list. There was no way else for him to get it. People on here that care about this should bombard the Lions and the AFL with their concerns - and in particular turn up to the AGM and demand answers on the issue.

To quote Kevin Sheedy - DON'T PISS ON OUR NECKS AND TELL US ITS RAINING!

Pinskier is so slimey he makes me want to puke. That he is in anyway associated with my Club is an utter embarassment. Well there is now 13 months to go until the witch is dead - Milner can then take his slimey ALP mate and go back to the hole they came from.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
1) You assert with some certainty that I am a "fellow Lions member" - by your own logic, surely this is incontrovertible proof that you have the Lions membership list.

Um, Henry, you were seeking to collect proxies of other members. Therefore one could safely assume you are a member (or if not... a fraudster).

James North

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I urge all Lions members who feel the same way to email the AFL privacy officer - especially those who set up an email address only for their Lions membership, and those who set up email addresses to use just before membership sales were cut off for the EGM.

privacy@afl.com.au

Also those who do not use the email address in question for their accounts on the alleged sources of the emails (Twitter/Facebook/Forums etc).

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Also those who do not use the email address in question for their accounts on the alleged sources of the emails (Twitter/Facebook/Forums etc).

Yup, my wife for example. Even if Henry's IT gurus are mad hax0rs that could steal details from twitter or Facebook there is no explanation how they would have got my wife's email and geographic location.

James North

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Weird to think that Pinskier's IT gurus got everyone's email addresses from Twitter and Facebook, and also had the time to do some Photoshopping for the Chinese Government.

chinese-photoshop.jpg

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Um, Henry, you were seeking to collect proxies of other members. Therefore one could safely assume you are a member (or if not... a fraudster).
In fact, I am certain that somewhere along the line he announced himself as a member. So no assumptions required.
I good liar needs a good memory for the stories they've told. It's insulting that Pink and the club for that matter, assume that football club members are all nuffies.

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Anyone taking further steps or making further complaints regarding this should also make the point that they are voting members, not just members. Thus far it is impossible to confirm, (because we don't know everyone who got emails) but I am personally unaware of anyone without voting rights who was approached/emailed/violated.
That and other facts, makes mockery of our chairman's statement.
Unless as I said earlier today (not sure if I mentioned it here or just on twitter), the club has embarrassingly allowed this information to be used or shared elsewhere that is publically accessible.
Dr. Pink could then be in the clear and the club could be culpable. Either way, the statement snuck out by the club is not acceptable.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Brisbane Lions football director Leigh Matthews says club's financial position is ‘scary'
9 November 2013
Ben Broad

BRISBANE Lions legend Leigh Matthews has given an insight into the perilous off-field position in which his club now finds itself.

In a call to arms to Brisbane supporters, Matthews sent two tweets late on Saturday afternoon urging fans to become Lions members. In what is a far cry from the club's glory days of 2001-03 when Matthews steered the club to three straight premierships, Brisbane is now battling in a non-AFL market, with crowds at Gabba home matches having fallen as the club struggles for on-field success.

"They say knowledge is power but knowledge of Lions financial position is scary," Matthews said in one tweet. "We desperately need (an) increase in membership. Sign up please."

However despite Brisbane's boardroom battles now being over, it appears the club faces a a long haul to drag itself out of financial danger.

Stand up job by the Johnson led board.

Always a Lion

One Club Player
Dec 4, 2008
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
No!
1)
5) He looked up the Club constitution, you should try it.

I have, on many occasions referred to the clubs constitution. I have yet to see were in it, reference is made specifying dates, times and locations to hold EGMs. You publicised the date, the time and the location of the EGM on the proxy nomination form that you sent to me, before the club released that information publicly. The club itself admitted that. So without your mambo jumbo spin, explain how you came to know this information in detail.

You address us, your fellow Lions members on this forum in an offensive derogative and patronising manner. Yet you ask us to join you in your campaign. You bunch us all up as idiot members of The Lions Roar, which we are not.

Anyhow, The Lions Roar did not specify an agenda for the EGM, or who to vote for and who not to vote for at the EGM/AGM, you did.

The Lions Roar did not send out Proxy nomination forms, you did.

The Lions Roar have not made any political arguments about who to vote for or about how the club should be run on this forum, nor on radio, nor in the print media, you did.

So why do you take any opportunity to discredit The Lions Roar?

The only one running an agenda on this board, as far as I can tell, is you. You Dr Pinksier, I suspect, are just a stirrer. You, I suspect, are a pied piper and I have no regard for your tune, which is a half-arsed scheme even if was hashed with integrity and well meaning. All I care about is that the questions that have arisen from your sudden appearance get answered truthfully. Your answers have no credibility, and the club's answers just leave more questions unanswered.

Henry Pinskier

Debutant
Oct 15, 2013
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
Leigh Matthews is right to point out that we need to harness the energy of our passionate supporters (and some of the hot air produced on BigFooty) and convert them into new members and also to encourage 2013 members to renew as early as possible.

In building our own extensive email list, we saw first hand just how many Lions supporters are out there, throughout Australia and overseas. Sadly, the vast majority are not yet members.

With a new Head Coach, and Lethal on-board despite the naysayers from that Lions Roar group who reckoned he'd walk unless Paul Williams was Chairman, and extra resources from the AFL, there's never been a better time to join or renew.

Wikipedia says we have 24,000 members. But Roy Morgan Research says we have the third biggest supporter base of 824,000. Our email list has a similar ratio.

We'll be encouraging everyone on our list to put their hand in their pocket and get on-board for 2014.

Go Lions.

Henry Pinskier

Debutant
Oct 15, 2013
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
1) The proxy format is clearly set out in the Club constitution. The meeting details were give to members who rang up seeking them. It might not suit your exciting narrative to accept these facts but that's what happened.

2) I have answered exaggerations and conspiracy theories with polite rebuttal and facts.

3) Lions Roar failed to call for the removal of all the boardroom brawlers and only called for the removal of the Angus Johnson side, not the Paul Williams side. We called for the removal of both sides of the boardroom brawl, we succeeded in getting the board to include the removal of both lots of directors on the EGM agenda and we believe this played an important role in the subsequent peace-deal that will hopefully see the players and members put first in the future. We believe Restore the Lions' Pride group's record as being fiercely independent compares very favourably with our compromised rival.

4) Lions Roar publicly declared their intention to solicit proxies. We just got on to it first and attracted strong support.

5) I just call it how I see it. When Lions Roar did good, I said so. When they took sides in the boardroom brawl, I called that for what it was, a breathtakingly cynical and unacceptable maneuver that did much to undo the perceptions of their earlier good work.

In life, not everyone will agree all of the time, that's fine. Hopefully we can all agree that there's no better time to join or renew membership with the Lions. Frankly that matters much more than anything we do or say. Restore the Lions' Pride is going to be active throughout 2014 in support of the Club and we'll be doing everything we can to encourage members to renew and supporters to put their money where their mouth and heart is.

Go Lions!

1) Which yours didn't mirror. In fact, you changed your form after people started raising questions.

2) You send unsolicited emails to all members and by doing so engage in conduct that the club then has to go and spend time, money and resources on investigating (which could well still be subject to potential AFL and Privacy Act complaints by the way). Presumably the club had to spend a significant time and cost in investigating it too by the way - given you're the one saying it was thorough & robust. You then come back here and say 'save the apologies'? Are you serious? You should be apologising to the club and every member that you collected data on without their consent.

3) I think you're obsessed with the Lions Roar. You and your group decided to adopt a number of courses. As did the Lions Roar. People can judge for themselves whether the courses each adopted were appropriate, regardless of any consequences imposed (or lack thereof to date). Only one of those groups adopted a course that was controversial to the point of requiring a formal club investigation by the way.

4 & 5) Your group ignored the express wishes of its only endorsed candidate (Matthews) and attacked Williams and Power for reasons certainly not clear to me. When pressed why, you said 'they all need to go' and be replaced with grass roots candidates. Power's still on the board. As is Millner. If you want to spin things and impose hidden agendas onto others, there's a glaring hole in your own position.

An apology, published on your site, would go some way to clearing the air. Otherwise, I agree that people are going to disagree, with what you chose to do with their personal information, being the first.

Always a Lion

One Club Player
Dec 4, 2008
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
No!
So in building your own extensive contact list of members, you discovered that the Lions have over 824,000 supporters. Wow, thank goodness you've access to your IT gurus, no one else could have unearthed that gem on Wikipedia.

Do us all a favour and get your gurus on the job of getting the other 800,000 supporter's email addresses, then hand them all to the club and walk away. That ought be useful, and a darn sight easier than finding and filtering members from supporters, which you have already done.

I don't believe you Dr Pinksier.

AFLQLD & Ginger Greatness - excellent posts in reply to Pinksier.

Henry Pinksier - bugger off, you have done enough damage to our club as it is.

As to emailgate, whitewash from the club. When will they learn what AJ did not. Your membership will not be fobbed off with fairyfloss, all you achieve is creating a bigger problem. Come clean & investigate this properly please.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
God, I go away for a few days and come back to this idiot.

How do you sleep Mr Pinkster?...must be difficult knowing that you really are a disliked human being and without friends..Why take this path in life, surely must be so much more rewarding being a part of a group who share a common goal and sporting passion?

We all want to be liked, and go about our business with respect for others, their opinions and hope to do so in a socially acceptable manner..sometimes we slip up, but thats human nature, we usually get back on track and resume friendly social interaction with other people.

..to deliberately set about causing trouble and angst to others for the sake of it is a mindset I truely do not understand.

How can you possibly sleep knowing the trouble you have caused, and apparently enjoy doing....Why??

It tells me there is something sadly lacking in your mentality and social skills to behave on a daily basis, in this manner.

In one of your earlier diatribes, you mentioned "we"....who is that Mr Pinkster?....be honest and tell us who helped you get those email addresses....Have you ever been honest Mr Pinkster?

...I somehow doubt it.....and without honesty, there can be no trust.

Henry Pinskier

Debutant
Oct 15, 2013
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
So much riposte, so little time. And yet there is stony silence on one subject in particular. The assertions of so many here that Leigh Matthews would abandon the Club if Paul Williams and his candidates weren't elected. Lethal had understandable loyalty to his chums and stood by them. But why were so many in the Lions' Roar so committed to that.

While they pretend a few emails (sent to those we'd gathered up online and from word of mouth) is an issue, despite a comprehensive investigation showing it wasn't, TLR has never explained its curious attachment to Paul Williams, its senior honcho(s) have never explained the full extent of dealings with Williams in the lead-up to the mooted EGM and what kind of arrangement had been entered into. I think it's time they did, for their own sake, and for those whose support they once sought. Without honesty, there can be no trust. Failing that, there perhaps ought be an investigation into TLR's role in acting as an agent for one side of the Lions' boardroom brawl while professing to be independent of the boardroom factions. We are reliably told of at least three meetings (and multiple phone calls) between Williams and one TLR person who enjoys being quoted in the newspaper.

While TLR think about coming clean about the Williams' connection, the rest of us should focus on what we can all contribute to the next era of Premiership success at the Lions by encouraging members to renew, supporters to join up and to attend as many games and Club events as possible throughout the 2014 season.

Nov 4, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So much riposte, so little time. And yet there is stony silence on one subject in particular. The assertions of so many here that Leigh Matthews would abandon the Club if Paul Williams and his candidates weren't elected. Lethal had understandable loyalty to his chums and stood by them. But why were so many in the Lions' Roar so committed to that.

While they pretend a few emails (sent to those we'd gathered up online and from word of mouth) is an issue, despite a comprehensive investigation showing it wasn't, TLR has never explained its curious attachment to Paul Williams, its senior honcho(s) have never explained the full extent of dealings with Williams in the lead-up to the mooted EGM and what kind of arrangement had been entered into. I think it's time they did, for their own sake, and for those whose support they once sought. Without honesty, there can be no trust. Failing that, there perhaps ought be an investigation into TLR's role in acting as an agent for one side of the Lions' boardroom brawl while professing to be independent of the boardroom factions. We are reliably told of at least three meetings (and multiple phone calls) between Williams and one TLR person who enjoys being quoted in the newspaper.

While TLR think about coming clean about the Williams' connection, the rest of us should focus on what we can all contribute to the next era of Premiership success at the Lions by encouraging members to renew, supporters to join up and to attend as many games and Club events as possible throughout the 2014 season.
Henry it's clear that the posters on this forum are not your target audience. Why do you keep coming back when all you will get from your posting is vitriol? Surely you realise that this isn't your domain and that you will never gain the trust of those who post here or read the forum, or convince them of your arguments.

Back