Competitions Lions Board Ultimate Footy League

Remove this Banner Ad

My side (lots of multi position players, which explains the lack of mids!)

Defenders: Hartlett, Newman, Murphy, Bugg, Atley, Yarran, Jacobs, Ellis

Mids: Redden, Fyfe, Thompson, Hannebery, Bennell, Rischitelli, Scully, Prestia, Melksham

Rucks: Giles, Jenkins, o'hAilpin

Forwards: Franklin, Roughead, Bartel, Zaharakis, Duncan, Clark, Varcoe, Byrnes, Douglas, Gunston

Without wishing to be too confident, I'm not sure anyone else is in the same league. ;)

Mine is -

Defenders: Goddard, Grimes, Hanley, Conca, Rance, Stevenson, Nicholson, B.Goodes, Terlich

Mids: Boyd, Barlow, Jack, Grigg, Gibson, C.Pearce, Masten, Howlett, Picken, Palmer

Rucks: Goldstein, Griffin, Pyke

Forwards: Ryder, Hawkins, Bruest, Betts, Adams, S.Edwards, McKernan, Saad

It's a young side with some lesser known players but I think there's a lot of improvement in this group.

My side (lots of multi position players, which explains the lack of mids!)

Defenders: Hartlett, Newman, Murphy, Bugg, Atley, Yarran, Jacobs, Ellis

Mids: Redden, Fyfe, Thompson, Hannebery, Bennell, Rischitelli, Scully, Prestia, Melksham

Rucks: Giles, Jenkins, o'hAilpin

Forwards: Franklin, Roughead, Bartel, Zaharakis, Duncan, Clark, Varcoe, Byrnes, Douglas, Gunston

Without wishing to be too confident, I'm not sure anyone else is in the same league. ;)

Agreed.

That looks like a strong NEAFL side.

Draft is over, boys and girls!

Here’s my team:

Backs: Stanley, Waters, Enright, Hurley, S.Thompson, J.Russell, Vlastuin, Blake

Mids: Swan, Tuck, Ball, Armitage, Jones, Treloar, Coniglio, Liberatore, Foley, Corey

Forwards: J.Bolton, De Boer, N.Riewoldt, J.Brown, T.Walker, Crameri, Patton

Rucks: Maric, Hale, Vickery, Jolly, Vardy

Without wishing to be too confident, I’m going to stomp you all into tiny pieces.

Really enjoying that old man forward line TomFC. Didn't consider Tredrea, Kernohan or Royce Hart?

Strongly considered Kernahan, but with Maric and Walker already i've probably got enough mullets.

Really happy with my line-up. :thumbsu:

Backs: Hodge, Adcock, Duffield, B.Houli, B.Reilly, F.Ray, S.Butler, N.Smith

Mids: Selwood, Watson, Rich, Sidebottom, Sloane, L.Anthony, Boak, L.Shiels, Whitfield, D.Ellard, J.Trengrove

Forwards: Chapman, S.Johnson, S.Higgins, Naitinui, I.Smith, Giansiracusa, R.Gray, D.Smith

Rucks: S.Jacobs, D.Hille

I went into this exercise totally under-prepared and ignorant how the category-based game worked. As a result my side is a bit light-on for points scoring, but I hope by stacking the forward and back lines with midfielders, I can win the other categories.

My initial side will look like this probably...

Backs: H.Taylor, Gibbs, Birchall, D.Pearce, M Johnson / Malceski / B.Smith, Bock
Mids: Cotchin, Shuey, Griffen, Kelly, Gaff, Sewell, Ziebell / Parker / Bastinac, Rosa, Lower, T.Adams
Forwards: D.Martin, Zorko, Milne, Q.Lynch, A.Walker / Fasolo / Walters, Hampson
Rucks: Kruezer / Z.Smith

But I've selected a lot of younger players who I expect to increase their scoring. If I had my time again I would have pulled the trigger on a Hawkins or someone like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also perhaps didn't pick the best for category based scoring, will be a learning experience though!

My team:

Backs: Heppel, Lake, Mzungu, Hurn, McPharlin / Ibbotson, Gibson, Garland, Ben Johnson
Mids: Abblett, Priddis, Josh Kennedy, Judd, OKeefe, Young, Wallis / Kerr, Viney
Forwards: Goodes, LeCras, Jetta, Mayne, Wells / Howe, Podsiadly, Krakouer, Stokes
Rucks: McIntosh / Bellchambers

Bring on round 1!

I'm at $1.43 odds to take out Hanley's Harriers who is out to $2.99 for round 1, projected to win 5-2.

Nice little feature's. :thumbsu:

Only until Round 3 though ... :/
Well that's a kick in the pants. :thumbsdown:

I know they want to make money somehow but little things like Odds isn't worth $8 in my eyes.

The projected scores are usually meaningless and well off from experience with DT/SC.

Well that's a kick in the pants. :thumbsdown:

I know they want to make money somehow but little things like Odds isn't worth $8 in my eyes.

The projected scores are usually meaningless and well off from experience with DT/SC.

I've found them not too bad actually.

I always pay for the upgrade. After round 3 I can post the odds on this thread if anyone's interested.

First of all, I really liked the draft format, it was good fun and think I have a pretty well shaped team compared to some of the rubbish posted above (token sledge requirement fulfilled.)

Secondly, sorry that I was pretty slow especially in the middle bit of the draft, I started a new job and had less internet access than I thought I would and was really busy.

Still, excited about the comp throughout the year and hope to thoroughly e-humiliate all of you!

Go Harriers!

I'm at $1.43 odds to take out Hanley's Harriers who is out to $2.99 for round 1, projected to win 5-2.

Nice little feature's. :thumbsu:

I find these weird, I am 'predicted' to win 4-3 but I'm not favourite in the odds? I'm paying $2.28 while The Vikings.. (Good luck..) are paying $1.67.
I'd love to get on that if we can actually bet on it?

I find these weird, I am 'predicted' to win 4-3 but I'm not favourite in the odds? I'm paying $2.28 while The Vikings.. (Good luck..) are paying $1.67.
I'd love to get on that if we can actually bet on it?

Without looking at your stats, say its calculated you to be a 55% chance of winning four categories and a 25% chance of winning three categories.

Then it would predict you to win 4-3, but it would still have you as the underdog.

Well my early sneaky trade proposal of getting Suckling out of my team before any of you might've realised he had done his knee failed miserably.. Time to delve into the depths of the free agents..
I loved the attempt though. Suckers for Golby, we both know who would have been the real Suckers then :p