Lions Drafting Discussion 2010 (no trade talk) #1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lions Drafting Discussion 2010 (no trade talk)

Gary Moss has been cut from Hawthorn, interesting, think he could offer a lot of clubs that explosive half forward who can play stints on the wing/midfield.

Worth a rookie spot?

Dyson Heppell interview.

With clubs from outside Victoria holding the first five picks at the draft, there's every chance Heppell will realise his AFL dream in a West Coast or Brisbane Lions guernsey.

The whole article/video is worth reading/watching. Seems a pretty switched on kid and says all the right things.

Dyson Heppell interview.

The whole article/video is worth reading/watching. Seems a pretty switched on kid and says all the right things.

Thanks TBD.

Very impressive style of youngster and if the video if highlights are any indication, could just be the ticket for us.:thumbsu:

That "versatility" he was talking about could be a bit of a worry though....especially as the "great" players like to have just the one spot they call their own;)

Thanks TBD.

Very impressive style of youngster and if the video if highlights are any indication, could just be the ticket for us.:thumbsu:

That "versatility" he was talking about could be a bit of a worry though....especially as the "great" players like to have just the one spot they call their own;)

I think he means versatile like Hodge or Goddard..:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dyson likes to say 'yeah' a lot.

We can forgive him for being a country Victorian.

images

We country victorians are something special, I'll have you know young man!:p....aren't we ceebee?

Its in the air..:thumbsu:

Peterson is the best available talent wise. Probably too much of a risk.

Have seen a fair bit of Moss and cannot understand why he doesn't get played more, is there an attitude issue.

I would definitely be taking Moss as a mature age rookie, wins the footy and is very useful in the forward 50 arc.

Would bypass Gamble, he isn't quite good enough at anything to be a regular AFL player.

I wouldn't mind taking a risk on Peterson, I don't think the danger is anywhere near as high as the potential rewards.
Also like Moss... but would rather Peterson if we took one.

I'd make Carl Peterson sweat it out in some state league for a year then have a look at him.

If you give him another chance straight up, he'll never fix his committment issues.

Makes sense now.

I know Lock will be on the list in some capacity next year and I am fairly certain Daye will as well. Maybe they have promised to pick them up in the rookie draft?

I reckon they could do alright out of these 5. Wilkinson and Smith will play AFL 100%. Dixon was a shoe-in to be on a list last year. Liddy has all the talent in the world, just a matter of getting his head right. Moss I am not a fan of. Not bad for free draft selecitons

I found an article for Dixon's signing - http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2008/07/30/14343_gold-coast-sport.html. Now I'm bloody confused because that's six confirmed zone selections when they only have five, unless they can frontload the 15 over three years somehow. Especially since this is from the article:
Between 10 and 15 Queensland 18-year-olds will this year be offered three-year contracts, with Dixon, Haberfield and Stanlake the first to sign on.

No idea now.

We can't put em all on the rookie list, unfortunately. If we elevate Don Barry, and don't delist any current rookies, we've only got a couple of spots available.

POBT what makes you say that Don Barry will be elevated? I like this idea

POBT what makes you say that Don Barry will be elevated? I like this idea

He's only an International Scholarship player at the moment. He's definitely shown enough to move onto the rookie list.

AFL phantom draft has you guys taking Dan Farmer with pick 27. Would be a great get, is a fantastic player who is strong, quick and has a beautiful kick on him. Ran a 2.82 in the 20m sprint and was ranked top 10 in two other events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back