Lions face decade of pain: Terry Wallace

I really like the programs we have in place, especially for the year 1-3 players, and that's only the stuff we know on the outside. Burton has been such a big get for us, the way he has adjusted things for all our young players is amazing, as are the results year to year. The fitness we are building in our younger players seems to develop at a perfect pace, quick results, but not so quick that it causes injuries or burn outs. Other things such as having the camps and activities for the young players to help bond go a long way. I think it's very much that french foreign legion type scenario, we simply have to have great development programs, both on and off the field with many of our players being from inter state.
Hrmm, didn't we have about 4 young players in moon boots at the same time last year, or am I exaggerating...?

Hrmm, didn't we have about 4 young players in moon boots at the same time last year, or am I exaggerating...?

Is that a matter of poor injury prevention methods or good injury management methods though? While players like Golby and Leuy had their return dates constantly pushed back, I don't really think that's a knock on our fitness and medical team at all. I'd suggest they're probably more the exception than the rule. As was said on 360 recently, they'll chuck players in a moon boot for just about anything these days.

Is that a matter of poor injury prevention methods or good injury management methods though?
When it pushes into multiple players out for months, I'd be assessing our prevention methods. Haven't looked closely at it though - just a gut feel. It certainly feels like our soft tissue injuries have declined markedly though.

When it pushes into multiple players out for months, I'd be assessing our prevention methods. Haven't looked closely at it though - just a gut feel. It certainly feels like our soft tissue injuries have declined markedly though.

Yeah that does seem a little odd, but it seemed with both Leuy and Golby that their injuries weren't actually all that bad, it was just their recovery that wasn't great. Perhaps there's been some issue with the recovery programs we've had injured players on - maybe we've rushed them into physical work their bodies weren't ready for yet, or just haven't had them doing the right things to get themselves better. Purely speculation of course, but I'd think that would have a lot to do with the way we've managed recovery rather than prevention of injury. It is entirely possible also that we just have a really optimistic medical team who make the diagnoses about how long a player will miss for.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wallace is on SEN with Harf between 3-4pm Thursdays.....just might send him a txt saying "WE WON TERRY, Carlton were just not good enough. It was easy!":p

(if I remember:confused:)

SEN no. to txt to: 0433981116;)

Apex61

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Roar
Terry should come and say what we did ---> we put the Blues to the sword.

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Sadly he won't give it a moments thought or even consider any form of back tracking let alone an apology. You really have to meet him to get a true underarstanding of what he is like. He is unique, total positivity but there is no rear view mirror whatsoever. One of the great marketers / salesman of all times, with an ego to match. After meeting with him you come out convinced of what he's said for a time, even though you know its bullshit. He is unique.

Nov 4, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sadly he won't give it a moments thought or even consider any form of back tracking let alone an apology. You really have to meet him to get a true underarstanding of what he is like. He is unique, total positivity but there is no rear view mirror whatsoever. One of the great marketers / salesman of all times, with an ego to match. After meeting with him you come out convinced of what he's said for a time, even though you know its bullshit. He is unique.
That's definitely my impression of him, WRB. By way of forinstance:

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
As a former door-to-door salesman myself, I find that insulting!
On behalf of everyone you and your former collegues ever woke up, I slam my door in your face!

Although the saleman left pretty quickly when I accidently sneezed all over him...crappy day all around, I never want to be that sick again.

Birdman is going to be in demand when next off contract.

Edit: Just noticed I replied to an old post. Damn phone.

Without doubt. Think he's got quite a few close connections up here now though so we may be right.

Bump.
The forgotten candidate to take over from Voss.

I laughed at the thought of it... and then I cried at the thought of it.

Back