Autopsy Lions get Naught in English Test - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s building form which is great. Our talls are starting to form some cohesion in the forward line to. We need some tenacious smalls that will lock the ball in or crumb goals off of packs. The work rate of our talls today was massive, imagining that with the ball been constantly locked in would be the dream. Damn shame Clay Smith had to end up retiring because a player like him would be so handy in that forward line.
It’s a shame we didnt get Pickett I know we were keen

Massive start to the year

Beating 3 Top 8 sides from last year (when the knock on us was that we couldn’t) is huge - although the Pies seem to have dropped their bundle a little (part of it straight into our laps - we will always be thankful for the heights of the screwup you scaled to gift us Ads)

From here what matters is beating one of Port or the Tiges before round 10 - both away - not just for credibility but for internal belief - that and not dropping games to lesser opposition will define the new era I feel we are in

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Port are f...ing pretenders just need to play them away fro AO

Anyone else secretly pleased that we can record two very good wins (one a demolition of North and the other a hard fought win against a top team from last year) when both Bont and Daniel are being tagged out of it or just having a down game?

Both were AA players last year and yet we didn't really rely terribly heavily on them in either win.

That's a good indicator of a powerful side in my book. A side that is going to be very hard to plan against.

If they then turn around next week and tag Macrae so that he only gets 20 possessions we might suddenly see Bont or Daniel play a BoG game. Whack-a-mole. Somebody else will bob up and dominate.

Thinks Tim English looks like David Bowie. Probably the only one.

Not bad - he is thin white duke-ish. I shall knickname him Ziggy from now on!

1618082056476.png 1618082089679.png

I actually always saw him as this bloke, but a bit thinner

1618082812214.png

Last edited:
Does someone want to check if MD’s keyboard is plugged in? He’s been active but hasn’t posted since before yesterday’s game.

It was great seeing Macrae kicking that goal from the stoppage. Hopefully we see more of this.
He looks unstoppable this year. His kicking has improved significantly over the last couple of years especially the power and weight balance to go with his extra-ordinary vision. And the bloke takes that many hits....but just gets up, shrugs them off and straight back into it. He is the terminator.

As in make others look better than they are? Yeah fair. I get players can do stuff off the ball that is important but no Scott and McNeil averaging about 10 touches between them, missing easy targets and being a bit slow in handball chains is not bringing out the best in their teammates.

West does all the team off the ball things better than both, is quicker than Scott, and way more of an offensive threat than both.

My post isn’t very clear.

I’m suggesting they’re used to bring out the best in players that are missing out.

Players need a reality check and personally I’m happy to see players rated higher than others made to earn their long term best 22 role by ironing out their games in the 2’s. Williams, Dale and now possibly Young are starting to reap the benefits of higher expectations.

Clearly Scott isn’t a better player than some that are and have been missing out. I just think his place in the side is a wake up call to others that expectations need to be met and you miss out if they aren’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t get to the game, but it looked like a good atmosphere, winning of course adds to that.

I was a bit hesitant about how Treloar would go with us, but he seems to have slotted in seamlessly.

Am I reading this right Mutt? Dunkley has 40+ smothers up to and including Round 4.
Yes I've re-read the quote I referenced and it's 10 smothers total for the first four rounds. My mistake...I misread a poorly worded twitter post.

I’m not sure he does. Earlier in the game Young took possession from a loose contest deep inside def 50 with 4-5 dogs players around him and he panicked and kicked it down the line to a 2v1 contest against us. He had multiple handball options close by but panicked and went long.
Im not going to lay in to him for his overall game, because he was pretty good, but I can certainly See why the coaches are hesitant to bring him in as a genuine best 22.
There was enough from today’s game to suggest he’s the man to cover that role from here on in. But, he’s still a work in progress.
Well he has been out for 12 months which could have something to do with it, but I feel he adds more than Cordy in the air

It’s an absolute no-brainer for me. The Gardiner thing is another Gowers love fest. How does Gowers get games all year and then suddenly .... Delisted? Do you go from 22nd on the list to 44th overnight? I just don’t get the thinking. Bizarre.

View attachment 1099272
Gowers only played 3 games last year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back