Lions, Hawks or North for the wooden spoon?

Which club is our 2017 wooden spooner ?

• Brisbane Lions

Votes: 29 90.6%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
10 matches each to play. Wooden spoon looking a three horse race with Lions the clear favourites.
However a lot can happen in 10 weeks of football.
North play Brisbane in final round at the Gabba and two weeks earlier Hawks play North in Tasmania.
Clearly North have their destiny more in their hands being able to play the other two and the most unlikely but should they lose both they would be coming in the firing line to gain the most unwanted prize in football.

Which club is going to get the wooden spoon ?

Relevant info to help you decide is below.

Hawks 10 matches to come:

Adelaide (Adelaide)
Collingwood
GWS
Geelong
Fremantle (Perth)
Sydney
Richmond
North
Carlton
Bulldogs

Lions 10 matches to come:

GWS
Essendon (Melbourne)
Geelong
Richmond (Melbourne)
Carlton
West Coast (Perth)
Bulldogs
Gold Coast
Melbourne (Melbourne)
North

North 10 matches to come:

Bulldogs
Gold Coast (Gold Coast)
Fremantle
Port Power (Adelaide)
Essendon
Melbourne
Collingwood
Hawthorn (Tasmania)
St.Kilda
Lions (Gabba)

CURRENT LADDER STANDINGS
16 NORTH MELBOURNE 92.9% 16
17 HAWTHORN 76.9% 16
18 BRISBANE LIONS 69.9% 8

We've got a pretty tough run. Hard to see too many more wins.

However with 2 games to make up, and the expectation that we'll find a win or two somewhere along the lines (even if it happens to be unexpected at the time), you'd think the Lions are still the most likely.

We've got a pretty tough run. Hard to see too many more wins.

However with 2 games to make up, and the expectation that we'll find a win or two somewhere along the lines (even if it happens to be unexpected at the time), you'd think the Lions are still the most likely.
I think 2 games is likely too much to make up and our run home isnt much easier and we have the 4 road trips as well

I think 2 games is likely too much to make up and our run home isnt much easier and we have the 4 road trips as well

Yeah that's basically it.....you'd need to make up the current two game gap and then any other wins we might snag along the way. Even one more win for us is almost putting it out of reach.

Hawks draw is dead awful but they'll still win at least another 3 imo. North has a slightly better draw but they'll snag a couple as well - not as bad as they seem judging their W/L ratio.

Brisbane for mine but I reckon they'll also win 2-3 in a season of upsets. Could see them knocking off Hawthorn at Tassie for what it's worth.

If the right you shows up you could knock off 8 of those teams with imo GWS and West Coast (one away) being the exceptions. Given my mob lost to Pies, Suns & the Bombers I wouldn't be shocked if we lost to you at the Gabba.

Hawks draw is dead awful but they'll still win at least another 3 imo. North has a slightly better draw but they'll snag a couple as well - not as bad as they seem judging their W/L ratio.

Brisbane for mine but I reckon they'll also win 2-3 in a season of upsets. Could see them knocking off Hawthorn at Tassie for what it's worth.

Pretty sure we already played Lions in Tassie.

I'd love it if we win 3 more. Not sure we will though.

If the right you shows up you could knock off 8 of those teams with imo GWS and West Coast (one away) being the exceptions. Given my mob lost to Pies, Suns & the Bombers I wouldn't be shocked if we lost to you at the Gabba.
Absolutely we have been playing better and if things fall right could knock off a few teams. Looking at GWS (I dont think we will beat them) but if we are going to play them its almost the best time now - at home and their injury list (talk of Kelly not getting up etc). But to gain enough wins to catch Hawks and avoid the spoon is probably a bit too far

Absolutely we have been playing better and if things fall right could knock off a few teams. Looking at GWS (I dont think we will beat them) but if we are going to play them its almost the best time now - at home and their injury list (talk of Kelly not getting up etc). But to gain enough wins to catch Hawks and avoid the spoon is probably a bit too far

Yeah, getting a bit hard for your lot.
No doubt when Rockliff, Beams and Zorko on fire at same time there is some damage you can do but the help in midfield dies off fairly quick after that with mostly youngsters learning the ropes with Mitch Robinson gone for rest of the season. Most of your talls are young too. You will be doing well to win 3 more from here. Need Tom Bell back too so can add some body size across half forward.

Hawks probably crap enough now to only win one more but North will probably win 2 or 3 more somewhere when Waite, Brown and Wood on fire together.

The spoon seems to be yours which is about right in terms of win loss and hoping the two teams above don't win but every team is gettable and like you said GWS possibly without Kelly is just an added bonus. It does seem odd that nothing has been said as to what Kelly and Hopper's 'injuries' are considering neither have re-signed with the club. Wouldn't be surprised if they said they're leaving and they're being benched since no news has been said regarding the injuries or the extent of them.

The spoon seems to be yours which is about right in terms of win loss and hoping the two teams above don't win but every team is gettable and like you said GWS possibly without Kelly is just an added bonus. It does seem odd that nothing has been said as to what Kelly and Hopper's 'injuries' are considering neither have re-signed with the club. Wouldn't be surprised if they said they're leaving and they're being benched since no news has been said regarding the injuries or the extent of them.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-19/giant-josh-kelly-in-doubt-jacob-hopper-out-for-a-month

I would give us a chance if Kelly misses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know who the Saints want to get the spoon.

With our percentage compared to North/Hawks we would have to win 3 games to avoid the spoon and that's if they don't win another game. I think we have it "won" although I voted for the Hawks in the poll just so they didn't feel left out.

Back