News Lions kits and supporter gear discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

McIvor

Club Legend
May 21, 2020
Sunshine Beach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The top two plus the Fitzroy red one for games in Melbourne are by and far my favourites. I love that top left one with the darker blue and marons.

brendobears

Draftee
Nov 2, 2022
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In Lachie Neale’s Instagram post about 2023 memberships he is wearing New Balance shorts. He is a puma sponsored athlete. I still see classic men’s jumpers but I think this is a fairly good indication that they have made the switch.
From what I can see on the Lions site the contract with Classic was three years and should be done.
Exciting times, hopefully plenty of good Bears kit 🐨

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
In Lachie Neale’s Instagram post about 2023 memberships he is wearing New Balance shorts. He is a puma sponsored athlete. I still see classic men’s jumpers but I think this is a fairly good indication that they have made the switch.
From what I can see on the Lions site the contract with Classic was three years and should be done.
Exciting times, hopefully plenty of good Bears kit 🐨
Yeah it's been widely rumoured that we are moving to NB in 2023, along with West Coast. Not a massive fan of their collar, but might see some cool historical kits and off-field gear

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
I'd be keen to see a smaller Lion, more traditional maroon and blue and ditch the collar and cuffs altogether, maybe just piping around the edges.

I've actually done a bunch of random design ideas -

Design using the members gear colours (navy, maroon and a deeper gold), and a clash using the training kit colours, but with the old gold clash kit sides

View attachment 1532589 View attachment 1532590

Some Bears kits for Qclashes and clashes
View attachment 1532591An alternate using white in place of gold, and a secondary set using the maroon, white and navy colours of old Fitzroy.
Edit. And moving the BBFFC to the pocket (if we have to keep Hyundai on the back).
View attachment 1532592

The alternate & away kits look fantastic.
As for wearing Bears kit for Qclashes, I'm not on board with that. I was a Bears fan but we are not the Bears anymore and Bears kit should only ever make an appearance for something like a retro round.
The darker maroon on the hm jumper is really nice but I would prefer the royal blue to a navy.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
The alternate & away kits look fantastic.
As for wearing Bears kit for Qclashes, I'm not on board with that. I was a Bears fan but we are not the Bears anymore and Bears kit should only ever make an appearance for something like a retro round.
The darker maroon on the hm jumper is really nice but I would prefer the royal blue to a navy.
All fair points. I wouldn't mind a tiny bit of a more Bears like kit for the Qclash only, in the similar vain to the current away kit - maybe just replace the Bears pyramid with a Lion on the cerise kit or something

pOleK

Professional Couch Observer
Oct 27, 2014
Tbar
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Atlanta Hawks
All fair points. I wouldn't mind a tiny bit of a more Bears like kit for the Qclash only, in the similar vain to the current away kit - maybe just replace the Bears pyramid with a Lion on the cerise kit or something
Bringing back our 2017 Clash kit literally alleviates all those issues in a tasteful way like our Away kit does for Fitzroy

Robbojack

Rookie
Apr 10, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Couple of the Lions member’s New Balance shirts.

Attachments

• 7F3A4B6D-C863-4C40-95E1-27C917F41AAA.jpeg
    7F3A4B6D-C863-4C40-95E1-27C917F41AAA.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 164
  • E3C5D503-5098-46DC-8B70-3AD6C23881CB.jpeg
    E3C5D503-5098-46DC-8B70-3AD6C23881CB.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 160

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Full Wingspan

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lions upsize with McDonalds to take partnership to a new level

The Brisbane Lions are saying “I’m lovin' it!” with McDonalds extending its partnership with the Club for a further three years, until 2025.

McDonalds, a long-standing supporter of the AFL industry, has today confirmed it will increase its backing of the Lions as Major Support Partner of our AFL team and Official Partner of the AFLW program.

From 2023, the famous golden arches will be proudly displayed on the neckline of the Club’s AFL guernseys.

Brisbane Lions CEO, Greg Swann said the Club was delighted to continue its partnership with McDonalds.

“We are extremely grateful to have McDonalds take its support of the Club to a new level, while also showing its commitment by extending for three years,” he said.

“We're excited to see what the next three years of this valuable partnership leads to and look forward to working together as we head into a new era for the Club.

Big Mac Sauce: Lions Upsize With McDonalds To Take Partnership To A New Level

First impression is that it looks horrible and that Big (Dan) McStay is regretting his decision to leave.

Attachments

• 20221123_152231.jpg
    20221123_152231.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 20221123_152220.jpg
    20221123_152220.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Meh. It's an M where the logo for the kit supplier is so in reality it's no worse than that. What's much more interestingis that nb have given up that spot though. Must be some decent dollars there from maccas

To get a major sponsor and only give up that much real estate is a pretty impressive effort

Remove this Banner Ad

Back