News Lions kits and supporter gear discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

GOTHELIONS16

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just putting it out there in case you haven’t noticed, the gold Lion on the guernsey is now yellow
The small M is the least of our worries

GOTHELIONS16

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Meh. It's an M where the logo for the kit supplier is so in reality it's no worse than that. What's much more interestingis that nb have given up that spot though. Must be some decent dollars there from maccas

To get a major sponsor and only give up that much real estate is a pretty impressive effort
Um… the yellow Lion?

Um… the yellow Lion?
Tbh colour shades via screens can be so variable I didn't really pay much attention. Not fantastic but it's no paddle pop. Colour shades are always a tough one when switching suppliers. We'll see what next year's looks like and if they correct

RoyBoy17

Team Captain
Aug 31, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Maybe the gold cuffs on the Fitzroy away means we will have blue cuffs (and deeper blue) on home Guernsey.

GOTHELIONS16

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Tbh colour shades via screens can be so variable I didn't really pay much attention. Not fantastic but it's no paddle pop. Colour shades are always a tough one when switching suppliers. We'll see what next year's looks like and if they correct
The Lion though is clearly purposefully McDonalds yellow, nothing to do with the supplier. I would rather a gold paddle pop Lion then the yellow lion shown in the video. That yellow is as hideous as some of the old guernseys, thinking Carlton’s orange guernsey.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
1669180902519-png.1559134

Rebel_60747401_red_hi-res.jpg

Flossie32

Team Captain
May 28, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think I heard somewhere that new balance is moving to the bottom left corner on all guernseys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McIvor

Club Legend
May 21, 2020
Sunshine Beach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It could also be that AFL clubs are going to move to a soccer and basketball type deal where every season they tweak the jumpers ever so slightly that distinguishes it from previous years -higher / lower yoke or lighter / darkr maroons blues golds - whilst still being the same if that makes sense, such as the yellow banding next season compared to last - all to get people to buy whatever the current jumper is because its noticeable.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am quite happy about sponsors being on our home or away strip
I imagine they are worth good money to the club
Sponsors get to be seen on the national stage which is what they are after
Being a top team leads to getting better time slots for games. That is also what sponsors are after

However, i don't really like sponsor spots on polos.
Just a bug bear of mine for years even though i understand it is all part of the deal
You are paying for a product to wear but have to show free advertising for some sponsors products you may or may not support
The larger the logo the more it stands out when seen on all types of media

I regularly wear a very old polo that's still in great condition and has no sponsor logos.
Image below along with one showing XL Express, NEDS, Classic & Hyundai
I think only Hyundai is still with us

Attachments

• _DSC5234.JPG
    _DSC5234.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 104
  • _DSC5236.JPG
    _DSC5236.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 71
  • _DSC5239.JPG
    _DSC5239.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
I'm heading back to Brisbane from Bangkok late next month.

I am going to get a quality Bangkok tailor to make me a maroon, blue and gold suit.

Lion themed, naturally.

Hat inclusive :D

I will post pics before I depart :)

Robbojack

Rookie
Apr 10, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I’m getting a bit desperate for a Guernsey release or some training gear. Trawled the Belgravia Australia website and the only thing I could find was this bag…

Attachments

• B373A2BD-D75E-4DE4-957F-309FD946E1FF.jpeg
    B373A2BD-D75E-4DE4-957F-309FD946E1FF.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 93
Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
I’m getting a bit desperate for a Guernsey release or some training gear. Trawled the Belgravia Australia website and the only thing I could find was this bag…
Good find though, this basically confirms that Caltex are our new jumper sponsor (rather than just a training partner/coaches partner, etc)

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It’s a little logo on the seam. Hardly taking up much space. If you look close enough, you can make it out in the current photos.
A little piece here, then a little bit over there. Then you replace those two little pieces with one larger one - cause its the same right? Then little later its another small piece, and so on

Giving up little pieces at a time eventually gets to the same place

Remove this Banner Ad

Back